Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Tarutaru Sacrifice
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Tutorial NPCS: Final Fantasy Easy Mode Start!

For fun and excitement I decided to get a new mule and try out these tutorial NPCs. I started out in Sandy but I'm sure the other 3 nations are the same.

And god fucking dammit the newbs got it easy.

These NPCs are only usable to new players that made their accounts after the update on Monday.

After you trade your Adventurer Coupon, You are told to go to a certain NPC. Mine was Alaune from Westgate in South Sandy.

When I talked to her, she said that she was going to help me out and told me to talk to her again when I was ready. I talked to her again and she gave me a series of mini-quests with awesome rewards on top of it. Here is the order of mini-quests:

1: Get signet, come back to her.

2: She gives me meat jerky as a reward and explains how signet works and the benefits and rewards. She also explains the concept of food. Eat a strip of jerky and talk to her again.

3: She wants me to go out and get a combat skill to level 5. In this case I was a thief. I stabbed things and came back.

4: She noticed I used the weapon skill when I got it and explained how they worked in more detail. She also made a remark about NOT throwing away your beastman seals that you would need them later. Then as a reward she game me a Fire Crystal, rock salt, and hare meat and explained synthesizing. Next quest was to go find the AH, examine it, and come back.

5: She explains conquest points and obtainable items. She also explains XP bands. She gives me a key item, Conquest Point Voucher, which made any one of the three XP rings cost reduced to 0. It vanished when I got my ring. Next quest was to get the ring and ding to level 4.

6: She gives me a "Rerasing Earrings" (1 item) as a reward. Level 1, Enchantment R1, 10 charges, 30 sec equip cool down, 10 min use cool down. Next quest was to head to La Thaine Plateau, kill 1 mob, and come back.

7: Earned 800 XP for the feat. Explains how "too weak" monsters give no XP. Next quest is to get to level 10.

8: 1k gil reward for reaching level 10. Explains the concept of aggro and what types. The final quest is to go to the Craig of Holla and get the gate crystal and bring it back.

9: Quest line complete. Earned 1k XP and 3 free chocopasses. Explained how the gate crystals work. Gave final advice to party and gain XP with other adventurers.

Talking to her after this goes into concepts such as Search Comments, Skillchains, Magic Bursts, and Skillchan Elemental Properties. These are just help texts however, no quest or reward involved.

Xyle

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

This should have been in the game from the start. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a game providing a tutorial especially when SE darts back and forth between "use community sites!" and "no no no dont use community sites!".

Definitely about time and makes the game more welcoming to people intimidated by it.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

You mean SE made so that if you started playing the game and had no previous experience in it you could actually function without being completely retarded?

I can only hope this means less stupid shouts in starting cities. Not to mention dunes/qufim parties where people ACTUALLY understand basic game mechanics.

¯\(°_o)/¯
    BG Level

Ask the npc if running around the rabbit makes it miss you more I SWEAR TO GOD GUYS IT DOES LOOK AT IT MISS ME TWO TIMES IN A ROW

This is right up there with Mhaura/Selbina moogles on the "you should have done this years ago" train. Nice, but why did it take you so long -.-

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Bagel View Post
    Ask the npc if running around the rabbit makes it miss you more I SWEAR TO GOD GUYS IT DOES LOOK AT IT MISS ME TWO TIMES IN A ROW
    I RAN THROUGH THE GOBLIN AND IT DROPPED THE BOMB, NO ITS NOT A FUCKING COINCIDENCE.

Tarutaru Sacrifice
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Yeah this is very nice. Wish it came sooner.

Level 5 and climbing.

Xyle

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Truly advanced material here!

But hey, better you do this shit then me. I don't even have the patience to sit through the signet animation without wanting to tear my hair out.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Isn't it good to know how tutorial work? Keep continue plz

blev

so.....low lvls is like WoW now?

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Fuck i actually thought this worked years ago lol >.>

Tarutaru Sacrifice
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Meh I gotta get some sleep. Got class in the AM.

I'll finish this up tomorrow.

Xyle

Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I really, really, really wish this had been in place when I started. I spent months on my own, basically no LS (my LS had 5 members who knew each other RL and they only logged on once a week for two hours), no one to help me or answer any questions. It was pretty rough trying to figure out things on my own. Luckily I read all the guides and message boards I could find online (though this was more than four years ago, so there weren't anywhere near as many online resources).

And I had to walk uphill through the snow both ways to school, too! *waves cane* Get the hell off my lawn, you kids!

Banned.

BG Level

Didn't they stop printing manuals with new games? Well, it doesn't come with the 3-day trial. Before there was at least a manual. I've been hoping for something like this for a long time, and they executed it really nicely.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arathor

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    Fuck i actually thought this worked years ago lol >.>
    Dude it totally fucking works.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Is that reraise earring Rare/Ex? If not, I'm gonna mule like 50 of them across my other mules ...

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I did this when I started! XD

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

It was nerfed!

Tarutaru Sacrifice
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
    Is that reraise earring Rare/Ex? If not, I'm gonna mule like 50 of them across my other mules ...
    Yes it is RA/EX. Kinda break the game otherwise.

I'll see how much I can get done before emergency manit today, gotta head to class.

Xyle

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

This seems like it is a few years too late, but it is still an awesome idea for the new players that come in. I think everyone will agree that FFXI is not very friendly to new players. I know when I first started playing, I didn;t know about the AH for about a month. Everything was npc'd. It's a good change. I just wish I could get an xp band for 0 cp though

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast