Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bahamut Thread #3     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Bahamut Thread #3

A compilation of all the information we have thusfar:

Ouryu Cometh
    Do lots of ENMs for Cloud Evokers! Cloud Evokers are used to do the BCNM. Upon beating the Ouryu BCNM, pray that a "Monarch's Orb" drops (It's been 100% so far. There are no posts saying it hasn't dropped). If so, you are almost ready (depending on your CoP status):

Storms of Fate
    Now, you need to complete the entire CoP Mission list. After beating all the missions (and finishing all the CoP cutscenes), head to Rulude Gardens for yet another cutscene (regarding Bahamut!). Then head to Site #B01 and you will get a CS upon entering. Then head to the Displacement. There's a green displacement on the very west side of E7 in B01. It leads to the island in the Northwest. C-6 where you fight him. You will fight Bahamut with up to 18 others. You are given 30 minutes to fight him. When Bahamut is dead, you will get a short CS and be given a key item called, "Whisper of the Wyrmking". Head back to RuLude Gardens for another cutscene.

Bahamut notes:
    Magic
    Protect 5
    Shell 5
    Cure 5
    Silencega
    Graviga
    Dispelga (?)
    Fire V
    Firega IV
    Flare II

TP Moves

There were too many to catch them all. I know of at least 6 different ones he used. Many were knock back moves.

Megaflare (AOE fire damage )
    Gigaflare (AOE massive fire damage )
    Sweeping Flail (AOE knockback and damage, utsusemi can block)
    Touchdown (AOE damage and knockback i think, and it may be blinkable )
    Trample (LoS Damage and bind i think)
    Absolute Terror (AOE terror)
    AOE dispel (?)

The AOE radius of most of his moves was not very large. You could be in casting range and not be hit by them.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...u/img_0108.png
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...u/img_0107.png

The Wyrmking Descends
    After you have obtained both the whisper and an orb, you should be able to try this BCNM. This is where hardly any information is known. Please fill in more blanks as people attempt this.

Looks like fun.

<3 Galka WHM

touchdown and sweeping flail are both blinkable I believe.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

(filling in the blank of where the fight takes place)

there's a green displacement on the very west side of E7 in B01, it leads to the island in the northwest (c6) where you fight him.

Yes, shadows can block sweeping flail:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...u/img_0105.png

Not sure about touchdown though.

And thanks for the blank filling I edited the post.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I recall Touchdown tearing off my blinks. But, then again, I was extra careful during that BCNM anyway, and just put blink up after he did it, since we were fighting with 11 the first time and got to 45%. Then I d/c the second try, but won anyway.

I recall Touchdown tearing off my blinks. But, then again, I was extra careful during that BCNM anyway, and just put blink up after he did it, since we were fighting with 11 the first time and got to 45%. Then I d/c the second try, but won anyway.
    Touchdown from Jorm/Tiamat/Ouryu entirely drop all shadows, it cant be blinked, I'd assume this would be the same.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Yeah, well, of course the land ones do, but land one's absolute terror doesn't just get eaten by my shadows either, which is what happened while I was fighting Bahamut; so you never know. I don't think Bahamut is a typical wyrm on a side note, as it doesn't spike flail. The other JP nin tank somehow knew that it didn't flail, so he was behind it a lot for the melees.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetah
    Yeah, well, of course the land ones do, but land one's absolute terror doesn't just get eaten by my shadows either, which is what happened while I was fighting Bahamut; so you never know. I don't think Bahamut is a typical wyrm on a side note, as it doesn't spike flail. The other JP nin tank somehow knew that it didn't flail, so he was behind it a lot for the melees.
    Utsusemi eats terror on Bahamut? Since I wasn't a melee I wasn't paying attention to that.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

He did one move with frontal damage + Bind, which im gonna guess was Trample.

When he talks shit, he uses Megaflare about 2 seconds after, start Stun right when you see him talk. I tanked him as PLD taking about 150-170 w/ staff, i have decent gear but nothing prestige like m. body or def. ring. When you enter the BC, he probably puts up Pro/Shell V immediately cause i remember no one was taking any damage off until he was dispelled, just make sure you have a good RDM. A competent group of 12 people can win this as long as they know when to stun him.

Quote Originally Posted by Isildur

When he talks shit, he uses Megaflare about 2 seconds after, start Stun right when you see him talk. I tanked him as PLD taking about 150-170 w/ staff, i have decent gear but nothing prestige like m. body or def. ring. When you enter the BC, he probably puts up Pro/Shell V immediately cause i remember no one was taking any damage off until he was dispelled, just make sure you have a good RDM. A competent group of 12 people can win this as long as they know when to stun him.
    I remember getting bound too. I think you are right with it being trample. Although there could be another TP move that I didn't catch when we fought it. I have only fought it once, so I might not have caught everything. Also, we used stun a lot at the beginning ( had rdms 2 hour at 75% life and 50% life ) and he resisted stun outright after about 40% life.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I can confirm Dispelga to be in his list of spells.

By the way, Stunning megaflare only stalls it. He has a 100% chance to repeat it as soon as he unstuns. It's only good to make sure everyone is ready to get hit by it. If HP of everyone is full I wouldn't recommend stunning it, since he builds up Stun resist, and it's much more useful to save stun for the last 15%, where you can Chainspell stun him to prevent Gigaflare entirely.

For further confirmation on 100% monarch orb drop rate, my LS just got one tonight in our one Ouryu run.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

ours did too, just now.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

330 Enfeebling + Dark Staff and I was never able to dispel him, Jesus hates me.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vinen

zomg only a NQ ; ; j/k that sucks

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So what I've heard from the JP players on Fenrir is this:

Bahamut fight is similar to Kirin. You are allowed to bring 18, with a 1hr time limit. Bahamut summons Wyrms, but they are very weak. something like 6 BLM nukes can kill one. They still behave just like the normal Wyrms. (Ouryu has eles and worms, Vrtra has his skeletons/ghosts, etc). They apparently wiped when Vrtra was summoned...

This is just what I heard them talking about, couldn't confirm it.

If enough of the right jobs are on tomorrow, my LS is going to try the 2nd Bahamut BCNM.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Vinen

You dont pay hommage to Vin, Vin enpowers Bahamut to resist your dispels.

You will fight Bahamut with up to 18 others
    In a technical sense, you can only fight Bahamut with up to 17 others

17 + you = teh 18 FTW!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast