BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Chivalry MND Modifier Testing

I had never heard of Chivalry having a modifier until a few hours ago when it was mentioned in another thread. Decided to go test it out and see if it was worth carrying around some +MND Gear to macro it. After alot of running back and forth from Spiders and my MH, I think I will be carrying some of my BLU Mage +MND gear around on PLD!

Chivalry: Mind Modifier Tests

Tarutaru PLD/RDM - 639MP – All tests done at 300%TP - Base 65MND

MND 65 = 442mp
    MND 65+1 = 447mp || +1mnd = +5mp bonus
    MND 65+2 = 451mp || +2mnd = +9mp bonus
    MND 65+3 = 456mp || +3mnd = +14mp bonus
    MND 65+4 = 460mp || +4mnd = +18mp bonus
    MND 65+5 = 465mp || +5mnd = +23mp bonus
    MND 65+10 = 487mp || +10mnd = +45mp bonus
    MND 65+11 = 492mp || +11mnd = +50mp bonus
    MND 65+33 = 591mp || +33mnd = +149mp bonus

MND 65+48 = 658mp || +48mnd = 216mp bonus**

+33MND was the most I could get with current gear.
    ** +48MND was with max MND gear on and Braver’s Drink in Besieged. Max MP Boost on as well

Looks like +4.5mp per MND@ 300tp above my Base of 65 MND. Looks like the formula is: TP*.5+(MND*4.5)

However the formula does not add up at lower TP numbers so it seems the MND modifier is less with less TP. Looks like it's close to 1.5@100tp and 3@200 but it didn't add up exactly. Though that could just be from not getting exact numbers from 100/200tp and such.

65MND = 151mp @103tp.
    65MND+33 = 202mp @103tp. || +33MND = +51mp bonus

65MND = 311mp @211tp.
    65MND+33 = 433mp @220tp. || +33MND = +122mp bonus (tp differential as well..)

Formula might be: TP*.5+(MND*(.015*TP)) ?

Not a math wiz so maybe I messed up and pretty tired at this point so not going to try to do any further tests at lower TP. Wiki talks about a formula of TP*1.45 which is wrong, although close at my base MND of 65 but obviously way off with added MND. Maybe someone better at math can figure out the actual formula but for now I'm happy just knowing a little MND can get me alot more MP.

Pretty sexy imo! ^^/

Chivalry Formula Simplified:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichthyos
    Good work.

In case you didn't notice, you can factor the equation into: MP recovered = TP * (0.015 * MND + 0.5)

Banned.

BG Level

Just making sure you checked something: Did you try the same amount MND twice to see if the results were consistent?

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Yes. Even double checked a few when my Enhancing skill leveled from 205 to 206, lol.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

time to lootwhore me some crimson body

maybe another reason to merit MND on pld?

pld/rdm fun, higher magic resist and chivalry boost? could be interesting to see.

not to mention proves elvaan are better tanks than others haha (if this is true )

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by DreizehnOfSiren

pld/rdm fun, higher magic resist and chivalry boost? could be interesting to see.

not to mention proves elvaan are better tanks than others haha (if this is true )
    That would be true if Elvaan even had enough max MP to make use of the bonus...

If anything it proves Taru PLD is the best tank. You're obviously going to save 300% TP for it since it has a large recast timer, and Elvaans don't have 600 MP in tanking gear, I dunno about MP gear.

Quote Originally Posted by WizerdRemora

If anything it proves Taru PLD is the best tank. You're obviously going to save 300% TP for it since it has a large recast timer, and Elvaans don't have 600 MP in tanking gear, I dunno about MP gear.
    except that taru have a terrible mind stat, oh and any Elvaan PLD in homam gear has a ton of MP. a PLD with a good mind setup wouldn't need to build a full 300TP just to use this ability and could instead use TP for spirits within (or make a joke skillchain on cerberus)

MP pool dosen't make a good tank.

Ballad and Refresh are the things that make a good tank.

Chivalry is good for 2 things:

#1. when you run completly dry of mp, (less than a flashs worth) which really shouldn't ever be happening in a big fight.
    #2. soloing

To OP:

great job on doing the research! Its nice to know we can boost that ability, but at the same time i doubt i will ever carry around a set of mind gear. 8)

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Wow good find. That's actually a pretty significant bonus...

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vail

except that taru have a terrible mind stat, oh and any Elvaan PLD in homam gear has a ton of MP. a PLD with a good mind setup wouldn't need to build a full 300TP just to use this ability and could instead use TP for spirits within (or make a joke skillchain on cerberus)
    People fail to realize that stats in this game don't differ that greatly between races. Everyone exagorates this a lot. It's like saying a Tarutaru WAR won't parse nearly the same as an Elvaan WAR with the exact same gear and merits, when in actuality, 3-4 times out of 10 that Taru will win, and the other 6-7 times, the Elvaan will win, due to randomness of hits, misses, criticals, etc.

The only large difference between races are HP and MP. Yes I realize that affects PLD, but I'm arguing the MND thing, not the HP/MP thing. <_<

What's the difference between Elvaan and Taru MND at 75? 10? 15 max? 45-60 MP on 450 doesn't really seem like a worthy race difference argument to me.

But I'm not a PLD, I just like Taru PLD best because I've always had good experiences with them, and bad ones with Elvaan/Galka PLDs.

That and most Elvaans and Galkas tend to be retarded.. like it comes with the race.

Subduer of the Squenix
    BG Level

Nice find. Thanks for sharing the info! :D

And as far as the race issue:
    Skill > Gear > Race

That being said you do notice differences. I can tell you that as an Elvaan BLM. It annoys me to no end that my average nuke will take down 23-24% of a (XP) mob's HP and a taru will do 26-27%. Couple that with the fact that taru, on average have a spare Tier IV nuke in them and the difference in race becomes annoying. Because 200MP and 10 INT adds up to having a much easier time soloing or being able to perform as well as the taru in XP (assuming equal skill level and gear).

PLD/NIN makes HP less of an issue than it used to be so really any race can be a fine PLD with the way the game is played today. As long as you can't get one shotted by any attack, you should be ok.

That and most Elvaans and Galkas tend to be retarded.. like it comes with the race.
    No, it's more that Tarus tend to be more focused on tanking, because they have to be. Their smaller HP buffer means they can potentially die faster than other races. Therefore they know they need to cure more (themselves and other people), which most elvaans and galkas are afraid to do because it will have a big effect on their MP. Tarus don't see the effect as much, thus learn their tanking differently.

That being said, for the average player that's true that elvaan and galka aren't as skilled, but for very skilled players galka or elvaan would make a better tank (moreso elvaan imo, but maybe i'm bias because i'm elvaan )

Relic Horn
    BG Level

No, it's more that Tarus tend to be more focused on tanking, because they have to be. Their smaller HP buffer means they can potentially die faster than other races. Therefore they know they need to cure more (themselves and other people), which most elvaans and galkas are afraid to do because it will have a big effect on their MP. Tarus don't see the effect as much, thus learn their tanking differently.

That being said, for the average player that's true that elvaan and galka aren't as skilled, but for very skilled players galka or elvaan would make a better tank (moreso elvaan imo, but maybe i'm bias because i'm elvaan )
    But non-retarded Galkas are rare, and there are quite a handful more retarded Elvaans than any of the remaining races. Mithra has a lot of retards too, but not quite as many.

I think the problem is that people nowadays are choosing their races based on their first job, and then sucking because they think their race will make them a good player. They don't put any effort into actually learning their job, whether it be something as simple as MNK, or complicated as RDM (trust me, RDM is complicated for the first while when you've only done melees in the past).

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Faxanadu

#1. when you run completly dry of mp, (less than a flashs worth) which really shouldn't ever be happening in a big fight.
    #2. soloing

To OP:

great job on doing the research! Its nice to know we can boost that ability, but at the same time i doubt i will ever carry around a set of mind gear. 8)
    Flash is obviously the only spell paladins have. The game would be so broken if they could cure!

I chose elvaan because i wanted to be like link and start in sandoria. (I didn't know about the zomg pwnage ring bonus i just awnted to start in sandy as elf because i read it in the book lol). However I now have a hume character and i feel that hume is the supreme race because I can do any job with little or no difference and there isnt a big gap of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Julian

#2. soloing

To OP:

Flash is obviously the only spell paladins have. The game would be so broken if they could cure!

wow, u must really be itching for a fight. I said as an example Flash just as a basline for the last remaining MP. Believe it or not PLD's do somethimes have full HP during a fight

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ferien Terzo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

As an Elvaan PLD, I can safely say that MP really doesn't mean shit. On most fights, I specifically tell my mages not to cure me unless I look like I'm in trouble, and thus self-cure myself, and do a lot of the curing of my co-tanks. Even doing this, I very rarely run out of MP.

Chivalry, for me, acts as a way for me to dump massive amounts of hate in one shot. Dumping my entire MP bar worth of Cure4s and popping Chivalry ends up with me tanking for quite a long time, and ending it all with full MP.

It's also a godsend for soloing. Essentially, the limit for PLD solo on tougher mobs comes when you run out of MP. Chivalry allows you to stand up to a mob for twice as long as you would have otherwise. Furthermore, if it takes you longer than 15~20 minutes to empty your MP while soloing, then you can safely solo that mob, instead of being SOL once your MP's gone.

I really don't understand what race has to do with it. If anything, Tarus have it worse off than the rest of us because they have to save to 300, whereas an Elv can get a full refill ~200, and a Galka ~150. WTF's the difference though? It's an extremely useful JA to have in clutch situations and solo, and it's very nice to have when you just want to throw your MP around for more hate.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

#2. soloing

To OP:

wow, u must really be itching for a fight. I said as an example Flash just as a basline for the last remaining MP. Believe it or not PLD's do somethimes have full HP during a fight
    Berserker's Torque and switching in HP gear apparently don't exist either.

btw, Paladins aren't the only ones losing HP in most fights.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Won't feel so bad about meriting MND (lol!) when I level PLD now.
    Thanks for the test.

#2. soloing

To OP:

Berserker's Torque and switching in HP gear apparently don't exist either.

btw, Paladins aren't the only ones losing HP in most fights.

wow, you are indeed looking for an argument, big surprise...

Believe it or not, THE WHOLE DAMN ALLIENCE has full HP every now and then during a fight. I'll give you the berserkers torque idea, nice for building TP too, but it takes time to drain your hp down enough to cure IV yourself, id rather spend that time wearing a shield torque, parade gorget, harmonia(spell) torque or any other number of useful things for your neck.

How much HP gear are you switching out just to cure yourself for it? Unless its 150+, i don't see the point. Your better off taking an intentional hit while shadows are down and curing yourself then.