Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Examining Alzadaal     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Examining Alzadaal

I've been to the top of Bhaflau Remnants several times already, but only recently have I had the opportunity (after a wipe with low time) to survey the floor's curiosities.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g6...s/img_0051.jpg

Long-bowed Chariot is standing before a vacant chamber that contains a broken astral plinth. You can see part of the plinth hanging from above, but it doesn't appear as though the rest was snapped off or forcefully removed somehow. In fact, it looks like it's designed to be detached.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g6...s/img_0050.jpg

The remains of Archaic Mirrors litter the ground around the chamber. The first picture shows a couple mirrors still in their original spots. There are five gilded shafts in the top part of the chamber where Archaic Mirrors were probably once fastened. One shaft has a mirror, but the other four are broken. There's no symmetry to the spacing of the shafts, which is odd considering the otherwise impeccable symmetry of Alzadaal architecture. However, looking at the mirror on the right in the second, we can tell that not all mirrors are designed identically. This mirror looks as though it could span the plinth chamber from top to bottom. The beastmen's mirrors are also of a different design.

It's clear that the beastmen have been doing salvage long before us, having already plundered countless mirrors to use whenever they seize Al Zahbi's Astral Candescence. If eight mirrors and one AC makes a beastmen force a little tougher, imagine how things must've been back when Emperor Alzadaal was running the show: at least five ACs magnified by hundreds of mirrors in several towers throughout the sea.

Now what has become of the Astral Candescences? By comparing the crests above the doors of each remnants zone and a similar crest on the astral plinth, we can infer that Al Zahbi's AC is from Silver Sea Remnants. Bhaflau and Zhayolm are missing ACs, and I'll wager both Arrapago and Nyzul Isle are missing theirs too. The astral compass we got in TAU mission 9 hasn't been any help in locating these yet.

But if the ACs are missing from what was obviously once their housing, why are the Chariots standing guard? I suspect the ACs weren't taken by force since the Imperial army would have defeated Long-armed Chariot to take the AC, but the AC is already gone and LAC is still there waiting patiently to jack off our brains. This AC, as well as the others, must have been removed by someone (not the Aht Urhgan Empire, not the beastmen) with the clearance to bypass the Chariots, remove each AC and stow them away somewhere. Between this removing and stowing, the Empire managed to get a hold of what happens to be the Silver Sea AC.

So yeah. Make with the goddamn patches, Squenix.

Also, the windows on the top floor aren't sealed. You can hear wind blowing through the Chariot's room.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Very intriguing....seems like there's a lot more of the story to be released for ToAU, I hope it's soon too, I love the storyline :3

I bet it was Michael Jackson/Luzaf who got the ACs from the Remnants. Or it can be all speculation and in reality LC Chariot is just your average Automaton from 2317 when SE finishes "buffing" PUP.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I love shit like this.

Re: Examining Alzadaal

Quote Originally Posted by Almalexia
    But if the ACs are missing from what was obviously once their housing, why are the Chariots standing guard? I suspect the ACs weren't taken by force since the Imperial army would have defeated Long-armed Chariot to take the AC, but the AC is already gone and LAC is still there waiting patiently to jack off our brains. This AC, as well as the others, must have been removed by someone (not the Aht Urhgan Empire, not the beastmen) with the clearance to bypass the Chariots, remove each AC and stow them away somewhere. Between this removing and stowing, the Empire managed to get a hold of what happens to be the Silver Sea AC.

So yeah. Make with the goddamn patches, Squenix.

Also, the windows on the top floor aren't sealed. You can hear wind blowing through the Chariot's room.
    Hmm. Someone with clearance? I'd imagine it'd be some wise sage- the mortal Ramuh? Someone from the old empire that Al Zahbi swallowed whole, or earlier still? It doesn't strike me as being Zilart-type technology...the constructs are all wrong.

Also, it makes you wonder what Al Zahbi does with any mirrors you steal from the beastmen and give to them.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Oh hey, I'm in one of those pictures :D

Long-bowed Chariot is standing before a vacant chamber that contains a broken astral plinth. You can see part of the plinth hanging from above, but it doesn't appear as though the rest was snapped off or forcefully removed somehow. In fact, it looks like it's designed to be detached.
    In addition, remember how in mission 9 or whatever it was, it was mentioned that the pillars in Alzadaal have a strange design? The NPC (was it Ghatsad? Think it was) guessed that they were designed to lift the entirety of the ruins out of the water and give it mobility. While we're at it, the PUP history flavor text somewhere on POL states that the ancient Alzadaal empire supposedly controlled a giant automaton that PUPs completely fail at mimicking, presumably the ruins itself. However, the ruins pretty clearly don't work anymore, or at least don't have any power.

With that in mind, maybe the Astral Candesences were super-cosmic magical batteries or something similar, which would explain why they would be removable and could be the reason why they imbue people around them with more strength. It would also explain why the Empire is so anxious to control them - they stick the batteries into their slots in the ruins and they've got a ten-mile-tall killer robot to command.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

That also explains why the Empire opened up trade with the western lands and is so eager to have us adventurers do all the dirty work for them

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Sui

In addition, remember how in mission 9 or whatever it was, it was mentioned that the pillars in Alzadaal have a strange design? The NPC (was it Ghatsad? Think it was) guessed that they were designed to lift the entirety of the ruins out of the water and give it mobility. While we're at it, the PUP history flavor text somewhere on POL states that the ancient Alzadaal empire supposedly controlled a giant automaton that PUPs completely fail at mimicking, presumably the ruins itself. However, the ruins pretty clearly don't work anymore, or at least don't have any power.

With that in mind, maybe the Astral Candesences were super-cosmic magical batteries or something similar, which would explain why they would be removable and could be the reason why they imbue people around them with more strength. It would also explain why the Empire is so anxious to control them - they stick the batteries into their slots in the ruins and they've got a ten-mile-tall killer robot to command.
    Kinda like.. Alexander? :D

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Changz Sicarii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Nice observations. It also kind of ties in with the theories of the Alzadaal Ruins actually being Alexander, the summon of past Final Fantasies.

http://www.ffcompendium.com/h/espmon/alexander.shtml

Edit - messed up link

Edit 2 - Judai beat me to it... 8)

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Changz
    Nice observations. It also kind of ties in with the theories of the Alzadaal Ruins actually being Alexander, the summon of past Final Fantasies.

http://www.ffcompendium.com/h/espmon/alexander.shtml

Edit - messed up link

Edit 2 - Judai beat me to it... 8)
    From that link:

A giant mechanical tank, looking similar to a castle, with four cylinders that act as support structures. It dishes out Holy damage. In FF9, Alexander was the guardian eidolon for Alexandria Castle (it actually WAS part of the castle); however, it was not summonable in battle.
    While 4 is a common number it's nice how it all seems to fit together like this.

But I thought I had read somewhere that there were 5 total Astral Candescences? Which would mean 1 was in each Remnant and 1 somewhere else (and now Al Zahbi, or always was in Al Zahbi).

People that always speculate about the "Alexander = Alzadaal" connection always forget to mention the Gordeus, which is sitting in whitegate.

And yes, Ghastad said the ruins use the same repair fluid used for the automatons.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

There are 5 total Candesences. We know from Taj's "expedition" into Nyzul Isle that there is an Astral Plinith there, and that it is intact along with its Astral Candesence. I hope Taj reads this post so he could provide links to the pictures he posted ages ago when he explored the Ruins before its release.

I suppose that since all 4 of these Remnants are "Salvage" zones, and thinking upon the idea that the beastmen are running around in there too, and the fact that the Pliniths are "detachable", it would make sense that Al Zahbi took the Silver Seas Plinith, whereas the other three Pliniths were taken by each of the beastmen forces surrounding Al Zahbi. From what we've seen with LAC and LBC, the Pliniths are obviously missing.

We could confirm this by matching the glowing orbs on each Remnants area to the Plinith in each beastman stronghold. I'm willing to bet that the markings match between the Ruins and Pliniths the beastmen have in their possession.

But then what happened to the other three Candesences? Is the Empire already in possession of four of them, using one as bait to distract the beastmen? Furthermore, there are six slots on the design that represents the Candesences, not just five. Does the Gordius in the Walahra Temple play a role in the design as well? It is the same name as Alexander's principal star.

When's the next patch goddamn?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They don't seem to be very careful with the one they have. If you covet it so much, why use it as bait in an unprotected area? There must be something they expect to lure in and capture that is worth more than the AC. Or something that, once captured, will lead them to the other ACs.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn
    There are 5 total Candesences. We know from Taj's "expedition" into Nyzul Isle that there is an Astral Plinith there, and that it is intact along with its Astral Candesence. I hope Taj reads this post so he could provide links to the pictures he posted ages ago when he explored the Ruins before its release.

I suppose that since all 4 of these Remnants are "Salvage" zones, and thinking upon the idea that the beastmen are running around in there too, and the fact that the Pliniths are "detachable", it would make sense that Al Zahbi took the Silver Seas Plinith, whereas the other three Pliniths were taken by each of the beastmen forces surrounding Al Zahbi. From what we've seen with LAC and LBC, the Pliniths are obviously missing.

We could confirm this by matching the glowing orbs on each Remnants area to the Plinith in each beastman stronghold. I'm willing to bet that the markings match between the Ruins and Pliniths the beastmen have in their possession.

But then what happened to the other three Candesences? Is the Empire already in possession of four of them, using one as bait to distract the beastmen? Furthermore, there are six slots on the design that represents the Candesences, not just five. Does the Gordius in the Walahra Temple play a role in the design as well? It is the same name as Alexander's principal star.

When's the next patch goddamn?
    I honestly think the Gordius is Alexander's heart. >.>

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Judai

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/viewt...=370222#370222

I've been saying that Alexander was going to be involved in this expansion since it first came out. Once more, no one believed me...

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

if what Taj saw was unreleased sections of alzadaal, who is to say what part of the story they belong in...

maybe it was there for decoration or maybe SE designed it with an astral candy sitting in there for whatever programming convenience but when they impliment it they will remove the astral candesence from it... or maybe remove the entire plinith

theorizing is nice and fun, but i wouldnt hold any of it true until SE releases the rest of the story and gives us access to these places

Quote Originally Posted by Sho

Following the story, completed all missions so far, and asking around to NPCs, you might notice that the current Empress isn't the true Empress. The true Empress is actually the Court Puppetmaster and part of her reclaiming the throne will involve her solving the "mysteries of the Gordeus" as called in game. Once she solves the Gordeus, she'd be able to control Alexander/Alzadaal, but the other AC's may still be needed to power it.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by klvino
    Quote Originally Posted by Sho
    Following the story, completed all missions so far, and asking around to NPCs, you might notice that the current Empress isn't the true Empress. The true Empress is actually the Court Puppetmaster and part of her reclaiming the throne will involve her solving the "mysteries of the Gordeus" as called in game. Once she solves the Gordeus, she'd be able to control Alexander/Alzadaal, but the other AC's may still be needed to power it.
    The ToAU mission story and the quest concerning the Skyserpent General both seriously to make it seem that Aphmau is playing the role of the Empress.

The Grand Vizier also mentions that she will be needed for some specific purpose or some role she has to play in bringing about the "Age of Judgment".

I forsee an awesome BC fight within the Imperial Ward against the Vizier and maybe Aphmau, commanding the power of Alexander. (Epic fight like Prishe/Selh'teus vs. Promathia style)

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Asherek Raitmeaux
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth

Here's to hoping they release this stuff soon.

CoP came out October 2004 -> completed the storyline before October 2005, right?

It's nearing April already, 9 months have gone by since ToAU came out, hope they seriously start releasing stuff soon.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Quote Originally Posted by Judai

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/viewt...=370222#370222

I've been saying that Alexander was going to be involved in this expansion since it first came out. Once more, no one believed me...
    I believed you Sept. :3 I couldn't put the pieces together myself til you made that post back then. Now it's up to S-E to stop dicking about and update (see: "finish") the story.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast