Thread: Low number Limbus     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Low number Limbus

Here is a method to beat most area with small party. Use it to farm multiples areas at the same time for a quick ultima/omega, get better coin rate or increase your chance to get AF with a small group.

Don't forget you can invite someone in the area to lot on your chip (18 pt could get 1 omega set in a day), and if your ls is doing it at the same time, you can trade AF between different groups. When you zone in, just make sure you are not in the same alliance, or the 2nd half of the alliance will have to wait for the first half to end their limbus

Refer to ffxi wikipedia for the technicalities about every area. Always good to keep it open if you aren't familiar with your area.
    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Category:Limbus

Apolyon

North West ~3BLM or 2BLM/1RDM

Kill mobs until the gate open, kill the boss (2blm with manafont can take them easily with movement debuff) and proceed to next floor. On 3rd floor, skip the turtle boss since it regen too fast. Gravity/bind kite the wyrm, and ES+sleep it every few nuke to reorganize. You can usually get it down to 60% before sleeping it for the first time. After the initial zerg, just ES+sleep every 15-20%, and use the benediction box to refresh manafont and Elemental seal when needed. It's perfectly doable with 2blm+rdm or 3blm, just play it safe, trade hate and kite (the big rock near time chest works well for kiting). On final floor, kill all 3 behemoths konprinz, and kite the big one around the big donut. Don't forget to /assist Chevelnik to know who it is targeting (important to avoid confusion on meteor)

~coin: 45-50

-It's also possible for a NIN+RDM to farm ~30coins by clearing everything but ghost on first floor.

-Herald gaiter blm, and rdm can solo this zone if they are lucky with portal.

North East: 4-6PPL (mnk and war/nin +brd+rdm)

On the first floor, go directly for the boss, and both large mandragora, then try to pop a few chest if you can, but don't bother with small one. They are a pain to tank (double attack and counter), and have low drop rate on coins. You can sleep them, pop chest and zone for an easy bene/+10minutes.
    On second floor, pull the small birds, sleep one and kill the 2nd. Go for the big one after. Once the item chest pop, I recommand zoning to save time (can pop the remaining time chest, sleep/bind the mob and zone)
    On 3rd floor, kill doll until you get the portal. Kill all pots for coins and item chest
    On 4th floor, kill every monkeys, followed by both giants that arent imune physical. Zone out if you can, otherwise, have your RDM chainspell nuke Chronos, followed by a bene chest and another chainspell. Mnk's new merit ability can help against imune physical gigas
    On the final floor, kill all dhamels, than pull the manticore from the side if you have time and kill them one by one. You can clear the area without killing the manticore (chest pop after the 8th dhamel).
    ~coin: 45-55

South West: Balanced melee burn of 6
    Can probably go as low as 4-5, but this area isnt particularly easy if you want item chest.

1st floor: Kill fomor until the chest you want pop (not sure if they pop all 3 together). You can only take one. Time or item is fine
    2nd floor: Clear everything one by one, and pop time or item depending of what you got on previous floor
    3rd floor: Kill mimic until you get all 3 chest. If you're out of time, move up, if not, continue killing them
    Fourth floor: Pull the elemental set corresponding to the current day when you zoned on this floor to pop the final chest. Continue farming until you have 30sec left, and pop the final chest

~coin: 25-30

South East: 6 PPL melee burn with different weapon type

Just zerg everything on the way, make sure your melee have 2 weapon type to speed up the floor with immunity.

~45 coin

Temenos

West: 6PPL (3 melee/nin, 1brd, 1whm or rdm, 1 sleepga I or II )

This one is pretty straigth forward. Just kill everything on your path, use your 2hour as soon as you can since there is many bene chest ahead.

On ooze floor, I recommand leaving after the first kill since they are painful and take a while to kill. Last floor take about 6-7minutes, and most floor around 10minutes. You will get ~3 times chest, ~3 item chest and ~3bene chest on your way. You can fail if you have awful luck with time chest, but it rarely happen

~50 coin

East: 6PPL melee burn (3 melee/nin, 1brd, 1whm or rdm)

Kill all elements one by one (4 on every floor), If you get 1 time chest on first 2 kill, pop it and move to next floor. You will need 2 or 3 time chest depending of your luck (go for 3 time on your first run). If you get 2 item chest, pop one and pray for item. If avatar pop, kill it and stun its 2hour (really easy to stun).

Make good use of bar spell in this Limbus. If you have a war, tomahawk ability work wonder and double your dmg. Make sure to never let time go under 10 minutes in this BC since it's approximatively the time it takes to clear a floor to get a time extension if you're not lucky. A complete floor with summon pop takes around 15minutes, final floor 7-8 (with fenrir). If a summon pop, have someone save tp to stun the 2h since their charge time is really slow.

~35-40coin

North: 6PPL melee burn (3 melee/nin, 1brd, 1whm and 1 sleepga)

This is probably the hardest first tier limbus, but it can be done anyway. Try skipping as many useless mosnters as you can if you want to get away with 2 times chest. Refer to the wikipedia to know what mobs are PH

First floor: Skip last 2 rdm (go straigth for the war, pop chest and zone)
    Second floor: Kill the mnk, and go for all 3 gigas after, be careful with charm and EES
    Third floor: If the first mnk open the portal, sleep the second and go straigth for the treasure PH
    Fourth floor: Kill all 4 blm demons to avoid any link, and kill the middle 3. Have 2mages run away from astral flow to avoid useless death
    Fifth floor: Kill all 4, watch astral
    Sixth floor: You can avoid the thf+smn duo by hugging the wall. If you aggro them, pray for the best during astral flow (1000dmg). You usually have enough time to clear the first room, and go straigth for treasure PH in 2nd room. Sleep the rest and zone (you can avoid 2 PH this way)
    Seventh floor: Someone sleepga, zerg the 2 blm with 2hours, and go for the rdm after, and drk finally. If your only sleeper is rdm/blm, you can use chainspell sleep II after a sleepga to take care of them.

Never let the timer slip under 15minutes, except on the final floor (plan 10minutes for this one in case something goes wrong)

~30-35 coins

Central 1st floor:
    Thes less I had for this one is 9 or 10. Pretty sure it can be done with less since we had some time left. Kill enhanced dragon before ahkriman, and save cleaner for the end. Nothing really hard, just need decent geared melee. Make sure to use the ramp against mobs to avoid AoE

Central 2nd floor: 6-7PPL 3melee/nin, 1whm/smn, 1brd, 1rdm, 1blm (can possibly go under, never tried)

Elemental resist melee dmg, but dont have much more hp than a normal one. Tomahawk works well if you are a war and happen to have that skill unlocked. Mnk's new merit ability probably help too. Anyway, kill them in order to fight a single avatar (doesnt matter which one you kill first, as long you do it in weakness order: fire --> water --> thunder --> earth --> wind --> ice --> fire).

For the avatar, pull it in room with high ramp (like the one in north section). Give barspell and charol to the melee, and another song (haste song usually). You can keep one melee upstair in case the other 2 dies, but you should be able to resist with charol+bar.

For carbuncle/light avatar, single pull both elements with carbuncle (that's why whm/smn), and kill carbuncle the same way you killed the avatar previously. With charol up, its 2hours should do around 1100dmg

~35 coins

Central 3rd floor:

No clue, but I would say based on the previous limbus a normal tp burn pt can do it. Sleep annoying two hours, use the ramp to avoid mijin/astral.

Quote Originally Posted by Original post
    It was probably asked already, but I couldn't find another thread answering my questions completly. There is just a bunch of informations spread everywhere, and not for every area.

What I'm looking for is the best strategy to win every area with as little people as you can with a high success rate. The only one I've done is NW apolyion with 3 people (can be done with 2, but you need to be lucky with portal).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

SE: BRD RDM THF NIN + filler melee that can use weapons of two damage types, preferably with nin sub--easy full clear with time to spare, 45-55 coins.
    - With another melee instead of THF, easy full clear but only 35-45 coins.
    - Without filler melee (4-man PT), easy win with 35-40 coins but skipping 6 mobs on one floor.
    - Without filler melee or BRD (3-man PT), can win if the Corse fight goes well and you're lucky with time chest placement on third floor. Skip 6 mobs on first 3 floors--just go for time & boss, rushing up to the Weapon floor.

W: The randomness of the chests here makes it hard to do it with a barebones team. It relies a lot on luck, but I'd say a 6-person WS spam merit PT setup will win with high probability and widely varying coin counts (30-70).

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

I've done a 40-coin run on Temenos West with 6 people. North is pretty easy too but less based on luck and not as easy.

SE is fairly easy 6-man, SW blows ass, NE is ok, NW can do fairly well with a couple competent BLMs.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

If we can beat both West with 1 PT, that would speed up the process if fighting ultima by a lot. 1 fight per week would be nice.

Any idea if anything else can be manaburned?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Have a good read through FFXIclopedia if you haven't already. I got a few Limbus' down to a science and tweaked the information on the respective ones to perfection.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Yeah, I already use ffxicyclopedia for almost everything concerning FFXI They give detailled explanation for limbus, but they don't really mention any strategy, just what to do (unless I missed something).

I'm asking this to avoid wasting time trying setup that have no chance to win trying to to do multiples run at the same time.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    If we can beat both West with 1 PT, that would speed up the process if fighting ultima by a lot. 1 fight per week would be nice.
    Yeah, but as mentioned it's almost completely luck. We went later in the week and got 0 TE, 1 Item chest, and a Restore chest.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

If one party is not enough,we can always send 6+1 people, or 6+2 . Just need to find a number that will give us more win than not

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I've done W 3x with a setup like NIN MNK MNK RDM BRD BLM. Won all 3 times, skipping slimes and a few mandies and tigers, with moderate luck on chests. Didn't have a pretty coin count, though. It's definitely possible to lose with 6 but not likely, I think.

I think 6+3 can full clear W with guaranteed win if there are 3 BLMs for the slime floor.

Edit: for those wondering because the jobs dont match up with what i have leveled, i was playing a friend's mnk hehe.

Temenos East

Just send 5 blm and you'll rape. I did with 4 blm before trying to get as many coins as possible and got to last floor

Edit: well now I just thought it does require a lot of luck. But with 4-5 BLM they can easily kill the mystic avatar if you get unlucky by using bind gravity nuking.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Im doing temenos east now, and it's soooooooooo borrrrrringggggggg. Shame, I was looking forward to doing SE tonight on my thief, to see how much dmg I can get on ghost clot but JP's took the other towers so we're stuck in this shitty hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Im doing temenos east now, and it's soooooooooo borrrrrringggggggg. Shame, I was looking forward to doing SE tonight on my thief, to see how much dmg I can get on ghost clot but JP's took the other towers so we're stuck in this shitty hole.
    Its not boring when you're there as a solo BLM and you open reward chest and BAM ITS IFRIT RUN FOR YOUR LIVESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Temenos tier 2 Carby and elements could probably be killed be beat by a nin/brd/rdm/blm3. All you have to do is kill the elements in order so you avoid the avatars. As for carby and his 2 friends it'll be easy to nuke the light elements. They assist carby really bad so the blms won't really have hate after a nuke. Now I haven't done this one with this setup but this one does look the easiest of the 3 tier 2's when you look at the strat and know how to avoid avatars.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I was wondering, does killing elemental as the same effect than killing the avatar on carby? Or killing avatar make carby weaker?

Also, what are you going to do with the final avatar? Kill it normally and hope not to lose too many people?

[Edit]

About Temenos East, could 5 blm and 1brd beat the area (or another small setup).

Doing East and Floor#2 with 6 would be nice. Could get all level 1 temenos chip first day, and 2 chip next limbus easily.

I was wondering, does killing elemental as the same effect than killing the avatar on carby? Or killing avatar make carby weaker?

Also, what are you going to do with the final avatar? Kill it normally and hope not to lose too many people?
    Yes killing the elements or avatars have the same effect on carby. It doesn't matter which you kill. Your only punishment for killing the elements in the wrong order is that you have to fight an avatar with a 2hr.

When my LS first did this run we just went straight for carby - killed nothing. Won with like 5 seconds left after a wipe to Searing Light. Carby is fairly easy to kite so you could have a few mages leave the kite area so they don't get hit with Searing Light. And he's easier to kite with gravity on (I think we put gravity on, not sure but obviously would be easier with gravity). RR pins are obviously a must for this run with this little ppl.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Can avoid astral flow with the ramp I think. Just need one person downstair to hold

retired

Apollyon NE - Easiest limbus of all, almost no risk

NIN, MNK, RDM, BLM, WHM, BRD party

-First Floor: Boss only, white/black mandy, 2HR goobue. If you so choose, you can clear all the mandies for an extra 1-5 coins, white are easy, black are counter machines so mages need to be on thier toes.

-Second Floor: Small birds first, Kill greater birds until vortex/chest open, leave the rest. 2HR first 2 greater birds. This is the hardest floor.

-Third Floor: Completely clear, MNK 2hr pot, rdm 2hr robot

-Fourth Floor: Kill all opos, Kill gigas in order of Okeanos(all damage), Hyperion(melee/ranged), Cronos(magic only) until vortex opens. If Cronos, rdm chainspell/convert, hit 2hr box, repeat for a fast kill.

-Fifth Floor: Easiest floor of all, kill all dhamels, and single pull the manticores ftw.

Win = 58-65 coin with 35-51 minutes left over, run takes approximately 55-60 minutes.

You can drop the blm and whm, and still get 55+ coins, with about 10 minutes left after win.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I would toss an extra blm or two on NW if you are actually going for consistent wins. The issue is that you can just get boned by the ghosts and buffalo. I've had some runs were I've had to clear 5 ghosts and 5 buffalo before vortex which allowed us to still clear the NQ behemoths, but only had around 5min for king.

Any idea if anything else can be manaburned?
    uhm, doesnt 1 person need all 3 chips to open a central or a proto fight? even if u send 1 group to each zone, thats gonna be 3 ppl, with 3 chips..

(The Big One)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

different people can hold the initial 3 temenos chips, since there are 3 intermediate central areas before ultima.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast