FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Windowed mode @ tues patch

via tekki, windowed mode will be ready for the tuesday patch

Re: Windower @ tues patch

I'd just like to clarify before people start calling it the "SE WIndower," that it's not a windower. Most likely, it'll just be a configuration option in the config app to run in windowed or full screen mode, and they'll remove the alt-tab restrictions. If you're holding out hope they'll be adding extras, like plugins, macros, or dual boxing, you're going to be disappointed.

Edit: The current version of windower should not be run after this patch. Just don't do it. In fact, I wouldn't recommend running any third party applications until we get some confirmation on what's in the patch.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Re: Windower @ tues patch

Can't say this is really that exciting, maybe two years ago when people were looking for a solid windower still. But hey, its progress, right?

Will the majority of the event info be posted/moved here? Would be nice to have it all in once place instead of sprinkled throughout advanced.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Re: Windowed mode @ tues patch

rocl edited the topic before I could, but clarification to keep aikar from whining like a bitchtaru

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

This patch: The day ffxi-app stood still?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa
    via tekki, windowed mode will be ready for the tuesday patch
    Is there a second patch on the 20th, or did he mean Monday? I'm guessing SE announced Tuesday, but that's Tuesday in Japan, so Monday for us.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bro Teampill
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I will let them ban my account before I let go of the features in windower. If they would like people to stop using it, then they can implement the features in-game, or piss off.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I wonder if now, windower will stop being a windower and will just be an ... overlayer? i.e. plugins, console, macro support, etc. but using SE's windowed mode and overlaying on top of that.

I also wonder why they didn't just include the windowed mode along with their maintenance on Monday.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    I wonder if now, windower will stop being a windower and will just be an ... overlayer? i.e. plugins, console, macro support, etc. but using SE's windowed mode and overlaying on top of that.
    IE: ffassist? (though we all <3 the macro features in windower)

I would suggest writing out macros that are ffxi friendly and saving them (back up your USER directory), who knows what SE will be running to look for script macros being sent to them.

the only real up-side i can see to this is, while we wait and see what the windower/ffassist ppl come up with after the patch, we'll still be able to alt-tab and won't be stuck in full-screen mode while waiting for updates.

Quote Originally Posted by yrpaine
    IE: ffassist? (though we all <3 the macro features in windower)

I would suggest writing out macros that are ffxi friendly and saving them (back up your USER directory), who knows what SE will be running to look for script macros being sent to them.

the only real up-side i can see to this is, while we wait and see what the windower/ffassist ppl come up with after the patch, we'll still be able to alt-tab and won't be stuck in full-screen mode while waiting for updates.
    I can just see it now. People doing normal FFXI stuff, watching windower.net. "OMG, the fix is released!" (thousands log off simultaneously, logging back on minutes later) >.>

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Just give me TParty (something that should be implemented anyway), distance, and recast and I'll be set for life.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

All I care about is extended macros, recast, and distance. TParty is easy enough to deal without, though I definitely appreciate having it.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

We will be working fast as possible to get windower back working.

and FFAssist doesnt have alot of our good stuff

As for the name, we dont know yet. might just keep it windower for the sake of it but who knows.

sucks too, im just about to release SpellCast 2.10 too ;(

MaachaQ

I just got out of the opening ceremonies, unfortunately cannot upload my video because the laptop I brought doesn't have the capability to capture from my camcorder ><

The Windowed mode is FULLY FREELY RESIZABLE. He literally was typing to someone on MSN Messenger, then reached over and resized his FFXI screen from the size of the "Live in Vana'diel" pic on FFXI site to about 640X480 size. Fully movable, fully resizable. Hope someone can upload the video before I get home... kinda hard for me to explain ><

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Me on another board
    First off is the big deal. Using the old Windows Live Messenger, Fan says to Fest: "Dude! Play XI" Fest says to Fan: "I'm already in." Fan says to fest: "HOW?" and then they give it away.

SQUARE ENIX has FINALY released the game using a windowed function!

They did this by having the game hover over what looks like the old Live Vana'diel video to hide it. Then they moved and rezied it around. To arrive in the Tuesday, November 20th version update.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by MaachaQ
    I just got out of the opening ceremonies, unfortunately cannot upload my video because the laptop I brought doesn't have the capability to capture from my camcorder ><

The Windowed mode is FULLY FREELY RESIZABLE. He literally was typing to someone on MSN Messenger, then reached over and resized his FFXI screen from the size of the "Live in Vana'diel" pic on FFXI site to about 640X480 size. Fully movable, fully resizable. Hope someone can upload the video before I get home... kinda hard for me to explain ><
    I just hope it will let me watch my Bleach episodes without crashing FFXI. Sounds like they put a lot more thought into it than just "let's let people play and be able to alt-tab to other applications". Glad to hear it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raze Azrael
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

D: man... ima miss my EXPwatch xD
    I only really got windower for the window mode... but started to use expwatch for its usefulness xD (and of course TParty but thats not needed)

i like the freely resizable part D: SE wins this time... at least for me xD

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Has there been any announcement as to when on Tuesday the patch is? Or why it wasn't included in Monday's maintenance?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Has there been any announcement as to when on Tuesday the patch is? Or why it wasn't included in Monday's maintenance?
    Monday's maintenance here in the US is Tuesday's maintenance in Japan.

DAKPluto

I think it's all in the same. Monday here = Tuesday in Japan. So the Japanese Devs are thinking Tuesday for them.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast