Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Perdu Blade questions.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Perdu Blade questions.

I have been thinking about how to post about this without getting flamed, LOL so here goes and I haven't seen a thread on it yet, but I think its worthy of discussion.

First, yes, I know it isn't available yet, but speculation is fun.

http://bp2.blogger.com/_hxipat_8gAI/...Perdublade.PNG

Stats are almost definitely going to be +5 acc, +15 att with latent in effect, so how good does this make for an off-hand weapon? The delay is incredibly low, but that will also lower TP gain. What is best to pair this with? Senj? Unji? Unsho?

I kind of already know how good it is going to be, but I would like to here others opinions on the matter.

Re: Perdu Blade questions.

Well U + U is 402 Delay , Senj + Perdu is 417, U + Perdu is 391. I'm not sure if senj + perdu or Unji + Perdu is better. But i'm 100% sure that Unji + Perdu > Unsho + perdu.

It's really a matter of is 26 delay going to be a BIG difference in the WS dmg it will lose from senjs dmg and +6% crit. I'm really not sure

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme
    Well U + U is 402 Delay , Senj + Perdu is 417, U + Perdu is 391. I'm not sure if senj + perdu or Unji + Perdu is better. But i'm 100% sure that Unji + Perdu > Unsho + perdu.

It's really a matter of is 26 delay going to be a BIG difference in the WS dmg it will lose from senjs dmg and +6% crit. I'm really not sure
    I will be going with Senj/Perdu just for practicality reasons, but what I am really interested is TP build, because of the much lower delay it is going to increase the number of rounds to get to 100TP. With Senj/Fudo I am able to just barely maintain 10TP per round, vary rarely dropping to 9TP per round. Should I really worry about the 10TP per round issue or just learn to love the low delay?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Cast less utsusemi and get hit for the extra TP.. ive actually done this when i feel a 99/100 coming up.

s/p is gonna stomp all over s/u's oatmeal.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Yeah, definitely, but I am really cheap and I dont know if it would be better than Unji/Perdu. That would be so fast, <3.

who even WS right at 100tp?

Maybe it's a personal thing but I save TP for when I need to pull hate off someone (works alot better then voke imho)

Delay is measure from the weapons then reducing the delay from dual wield IV + suppa
    Assuming your using Suppanomimi and not using Ninja Chainmail:
    (storeTP+7 is based on some players who use chiv/rajas/brutal. I personaly only use brutal and use superior acc pieces over the storeTP to ease the use of a meat build)
    Max Jin TP is assuming your suppa is removed for another earring, and no double attacks proc, but all 4 hits land on target

Senji/Fudo
    Delay : 296
    TP per swing: 4.7
    Max Jin TP : 11.6

StoreTP+7 TP: 5.0
    Max Jin TP : 12.2

Senji/Perdu
    Delay : 271
    TP per swing: 4.6
    Max Jin : 11.4

StoreTP+7 TP: 4.9
    Max Jin : 12.0

Unji/Perdu:
    Delay : 255
    TP per swing: 4.5
    Max Jin : 11.2

StoreTP+7 TP: 4.8
    Max Jin : 11.8

(in the magical word where accuracy is 100%, senji/perdu (without storeTP) can get 100TP after a WS in 45seconds (10 volleys) (this isn't even counting haste equip/spells) the nice thing aobut senji/perdu with no store TP is even if you miss the extra hits (the non main/offhand TP gain) you still get 10 volleys of attacks to get 100tp

My current weapons (senji/fudo) take 49 sec with perfect accuracy to go from WS to 100%+ TP (again 10 volleys)

my current equip there is no quesiton in my mind I'm going from senji/fudo to senji/perdu it's a nealry perfect upgrade, amount of attacks from WS to 100%+ TP doesn't change my delay is reduced around 9%, extra accuracy and attack (great not only for TP gain but also for WS)

idk about unji/perdu, but senji/perdu is just looking to good for me to really look at any other combo.

/lick
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Srs Bsns
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Vail

Maybe it's a personal thing but I save TP for when I need to pull hate off someone (works alot better then voke imho)
    That's a playstyle choice.

NIN WSs aren't terribly strong so you have less situations where you need to hold TP to avoid wasting it, and I don't like losing the sheer quantity of damage you do if you continually hold TP. It's not like Jin gets reliably stronger with more TP so there isn't even a payoff besides having a hate tool when you need it.

I bring Enmity gear (like +12ish) that gets swapped in for Voke and have another +4 in merits, which generally provides a large enough initial hate spike that my damage holds hate for just long enough to ensure that there's little to no Ichi casting required by anyone.

I'll readily admit that I'm spoiled by good parties, but it's been a very long time since I've had to trade off raw damage potential for extra hate control.

I have a grand total of +3 enmity on my merit built NIN, from a cerb mantle only, no enmity merits, every equip piece is devoted to sheer damage output. I'm currently saving ABCs in interest of getting a charger's mantle, still thinking about this.

regardless of how using perdu offhand effects your TP, it will reduce your delay, and raise your DoT damage, and have a stronger WS damage (I'd say stronger effect then Unji/Unsho/Fudo offhand) and ofcourse all this will raise your hate gain if that's your drive

Quote Originally Posted by Amastacia

That's a playstyle choice.

NIN WSs aren't terribly strong so you have less situations where you need to hold TP to avoid wasting it, and I don't like losing the sheer quantity of damage you do if you continually hold TP. It's not like Jin gets reliably stronger with more TP so there isn't even a payoff besides having a hate tool when you need it.

I bring Enmity gear (like +12ish) that gets swapped in for Voke and have another +4 in merits, which generally provides a large enough initial hate spike that my damage holds hate for just long enough to ensure that there's little to no Ichi casting required by anyone.

I'll readily admit that I'm spoiled by good parties, but it's been a very long time since I've had to trade off raw damage potential for extra hate control.
    I don't know about your Jins but mine do 800 on avg high peak of 1000ish I think the highest on mamool i've done 1392

I don't know about your Jins but mine do 800 on avg high peak of 1000ish I think the highest on mamool i've done 1392
    What kind gear/merits do you have that have you averaging 800 Jins on Mamools?

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaire
    WS

Senj
    Fudo
    Voyager Sallet
    Haubergeon
    Amemet +1
    Breeze Gorget
    Nin Tekko+1
    Warwolf
    Fire Bomblet
    Brutal Earring
    Suppa ( I know i need a better ws earing)
    Rajas
    Jaeger ring ( Don't have 2 mil to blow on a ring that has 3 more acc)
    Byakko Haidate
    Rutter Sabatons

Normally when I do mamools have two bards, without it my jins would be 500ish avg if not that then worse

Felt it was irrelevant to type my tp gear

edit: with one bard it would vary on the songs probably be around 600-700 avg

/lick
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Srs Bsns
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaire
    WS

Senj
    Fudo
    Voyager Sallet
    Haubergeon
    Amemet +1
    Breeze Gorget
    Nin Tekko+1
    Warwolf
    Fire Bomblet
    Brutal Earring
    Suppa ( I know i need a better ws earing)
    Rajas
    Jaeger ring ( Don't have 2 mil to blow on a ring that has 3 more acc)
    Byakko Haidate
    Rutter Sabatons

Normally when I do mamools have two bards, without it my jins would be 500ish avg if not that then worse

Felt it was irrelevant to type my tp gear
    I call bullcrap on 800 average.

I just got out of a 2 BRD party with LW and Aurik, and due to the time Zerk was down, I'd say my average was only 650-700ish.

Because of the BRDs and Feint on Infiltrators (we were at south SP, so no Lurkers), I pretty much always landed full TP-return Jins, and as a result I was using full STR/Att gear. ~101 STR, ~113 DEX, ~500-700 Att depending on Zerk/Minuet (had to compete for claims to keep chain so songs fell now and then due to both BRDs pulling). I don't see 800 average being reasonable unless you ignore WSs when Zerk is down.

I call bullcrap on 800 average.

I just got out of a 2 BRD party with LW and Aurik, and due to the time Zerk was down, I'd say my average was only 650-700ish.

Because of the BRDs and Feint on Infiltrators (we were at south SP, so no Lurkers), I pretty much always landed full TP-return Jins, and as a result I was using full STR/Att gear. ~101 STR, ~113 DEX, ~500-700 Att depending on Zerk/Minuet (had to compete for claims to keep chain so songs fell now and then due to both BRDs pulling). I don't see 800 average being reasonable unless you ignore WSs when Zerk is down.
    Puks bring up average as well though (AND WTF ONLY 3 QUOTES AT A TIME NOW? D:

/lick
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Srs Bsns
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Don't say your average is 800 on Mamools if you're parsing at south SP and fighting as many Puks as you are Mamools or Skoffins...

Don't say your average is 800 on Mamools if you're parsing at south SP and fighting as many Puks as you are Mamools or Skoffins...
    Well Dvs parse can't seperate them, nor count the amount of what mob that you fight (Unless some function i'm unaware of?) We did pull more mamool than puks but again no way to prove it.

Well Dvs parse can't seperate them, nor count the amount of what mob that you fight (Unless some function i'm unaware of?) We did pull more mamool than puks but again no way to prove it.
    No, but your original statement implied that you average 800 Jins on only Mamools.

with the caveat that my melee job lvls are piss low, one thing to remember when tabulating the TP gain is that your accuracy boost will help to make up that TP by hitting more. granted, the gain from 5 accuracy isn't going to be colossal, but it's not insignificant. if the change in delay forces you down .5 tp per round, each hit should be worth about 4.75 tp on average. as such, 1 extra hit out of every 9.5 hits balances out the TP gain loss, completely ignoring the reduction in time between rounds which will also benefit your TP gain. i'd imagine your time to TP on most mobs will be roughly the same, but there might be some variance in EP mobs that your accuracy was already nearly capped on anyway. just my thoughts.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    What he said.

I'm currently saving ABCs in interest of getting a charger's mantle, still thinking about this.
    Kinda off topic, but anyone else switched to this? I'm kinda curious how it would do vs Foragers on TP build.

And yea, on topic, Senju/Perdu looks like its going to be all kinds of fun, and that 15ish attack and 5 acc will have a bigger impact on jin than the dex and str on unjji imo. I just wish they would release the new assault stuff already instead of teasing us by releasing the weapons before the rank ><

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast