BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Item Restoration "Service"??

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/9770/gmconvoca9.png
    By becky3417 at 2008-02-05

I love how they are able to track the correct amount of crystals that I didn't even list for the recovery service, but every single item I listed, they didn't acknowledge and could not find. I'd love for them to explain how they can track crystals but not my weapons or armor. and NOTHING of value.

This is an absolute insult and I will not be treated like this. I quit the game on the spot.

Oh why thank you Square Enix, I'm very satisfied with all the wind crystals that were recovered.
    Did you happen to track who got my other 8+million gil worth of gear? Seeing as it probably went to the same person.
    /sarcasm.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Re: Item Restoration "Service"??

wow... just wow...

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Wow what complete garbage. So if/when my account gets hacked, and all my heca+1 and mandau and morri etc just dissapear, they'll only give me my ginger cookies back?

HOT.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Those items you are wanting back were prolly sold, and in that case,they can't be recovered.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Tricen
    Those items you are wanting back were prolly sold, and in that case,they can't be recovered.
    Possibly, but it doesn't make the whole process less worthless.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Wow what complete garbage. So if/when my account gets hacked, and all my heca+1 and mandau and morri etc just dissapear, they'll only give me my ginger cookies back?

HOT.
    Didn't you read his post?! Forget about cookies! They give crystals!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Well those things were prolly sold first, and in the time passed before said person got their account back, the chatlogs were too long and SE didn't have them until after the fact.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

you were alot nicer to that GM then I woulda been. >.>

wow.. lol

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Can GM's check AH sales <_<;

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagunasa
    Can GM's check AH sales <_<;
    This question is to the two above posters, but isn't meant to be a flame.

What do you expect SE to do if they were sold? Take them back from the person that bought them because someone said they were hacked? Then we'd have posts on this board complaining about how people got the Herald's Gaiters they got for a decent price taken back from them and how they'll never get that good of a price again and that they'll be quitting now. The whole situation is pretty terrible, but assuming that they actually got sold and not dropped, then there isn't anything SE can really do about it.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Epic I have to say. 5 shinobi tabi, 1 dark crystal....rofl. Why couldnt they just say they cant restore anything.

Jeny from the 'Rok
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

When were you hacked? ><

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik

HOT.
    The way I understand it you'd get all that back because it was dropped not sold. That's what I'm assuming happened here, those items were sold, while the worthless junk was just dropped.

Which brings us to this:

What do you expect SE to do if they were sold? Take them back from the person that bought them because someone said they were hacked? Then we'd have posts on this board complaining about how people got the Herald's Gaiters they got for a decent price taken back from them and how they'll never get that good of a price again and that they'll be quitting now. The whole situation is pretty terrible, but assuming that they actually got sold and not dropped, then there isn't anything SE can really do about it.
    Or create a brand new item for you so the system can be abused? Your best friend could always "hack" you, put some items on AH, buy those same items for low low prices and then when it's restored BAM! You have two of everything. It sucks, but I don't there is anything they can really do.

Banned.

BG Level

This sucks, but is also misleading, OP does not talk about if they can recover r/x stuff (in case any of those were dropped).

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl
    Or create a brand new item for you so the system can be abused? Your best friend could always "hack" you, put some items on AH, buy those same items for low low prices and then when it's restored BAM! You have two of everything. It sucks, but I don't there is anything they can really do.
    if they could track items like that to restore, then one could assume they could track the person who took and sold them and either delete them from his inventory, or temp/perm ban them wouldn't you think?

their policies need updating but i don't think anyone that works there could have the foresight to think of every possible way to abuse the systems put in place and think of ways to counteract them.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Bartylby
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocl
    if they could track items like that to restore, then one could assume they could track the person who took and sold them and either delete them from his inventory, or temp/perm ban them wouldn't you think?

their policies need updating but i don't think anyone that works there could have the foresight to think of every possible way to abuse the systems put in place and think of ways to counteract them.
    They could always track which items you dropped? And what, they would delete the items from the inventory of the seller who no longer has the items because he sold them? I don't follow. Then there's always "well how do you prove he is the one who hacked you?"

Demenicold

Wasn't there talk of them returning sellable items but just putting an ex tag on them to keep people from abusing the system? I realize one could still profit by getting their sellable "hacked" and then getting ex back but still :/ only returning the npc'd/dropped items is a far cry from helping ;;

I know it's sad and frustrating but I LOL'd so hard when GM had started to list items that can be recovered >.>

But yes, that's how recovery system is working - it recovers what was lost not what was sold :/ I guess that suppose to prevent any exploits (and there would be many as many would have been posibilites), however it's sad that such a large company can't manage with that kind of issue ;/

I'm pretty newb posting here and I haven't had my account jacked but...

Guys, we can't settle for this... Really, we can't settle for it.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast