BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

TGS 2007 - WotG Preview Movie - 9.20

GAME WATCH
    http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/doc ... 0/ffxi.htm

Translated by: Elmer the Pointy
    Posted on:bluegartr.com

The movie was a series of little clips strung together. New information was a little sparse, but these scenes give you a lot to think about. Too bad they wouldn’t let us photograph or record the movie ourselves. Still, we’ll give you what information we can.

The stage is set during the Great Crystal War. The way the refer to it has changed

(Instead of ??????? kurisutaru sensou with phonetic katakana, they are going with kanji ????) suishou taisen)

but it is still about the war between the humans and the Shadow Lord’s Army. In Wings of the Goddess, adventurers will cross through time and become involved in the Great Crystal War. The players will discover some shocking truths as well. “The Advent of the Soldiers of God” is another keyword we saw, which may refer to the adventurers themselves, or perhaps to something else, I’m not sure.

As for new jobs, we were told in an interview in July that there would be 2 or more added. Watching the movie, I was suddenly greeted with the figure of a woman in a beautiful outfit of a “Dancer.” This is probably the first new job. A “Dancer” first appeared in Final Fantasy V, where they could absorb an enemy’s HP and MP. They could also unleash consecutive attacks with abilities such as “Sword Dance,” using the “Dance” command. In FFXI, it has the potential to become a good support job.

http://www.cactusleaftl.com/ffxipics/dancer.jpg

Story-wise, I had to take what I could from the clips on the screen, but it seems to really delve into the Crystal War in a profound way. It is around the time that you can meet Queen Leaute, the expanding D’Oraguille family, the hero Karaha-Baruha, the former Mithra Matriarch Perih Vashai, and a host of other famous NPCs. Players who have been in FFXI for a long time have a lot to look forward to. In addition, what appeared to be “Atomos,” was also shown in the movie. The Crystal War seems to have much more to it than what we think we know.

There were also some details on the expansion’s content. The Vana’diel of the past will have new maps and new monsters as well. They also reiterated there will be a large-scale battle system implemented too. It was brief, but I saw a snippet of a Besieged-like battle playing out inside a town.

This movie will be available on the main site, starting September 22nd. Still the sound quality will be low, and you won’t get the same intense feel of watching it unfold on the big screen. I highly recommend seeing it at the convention if you have the chance.

Re: WotG Preview Movie -TGS 9.20

Maybe it didn't need its own thread, but I figured it was different enough to escape the 12-pages of Dancer.

Banned.

BG Level

2 days wait on seeing the video? ;/

Thanks elmer for the translation. I really want to watch that trailer...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I wonder what made him figure Dancer would be a support job rather than DD. In FFV, it didn't support like BRD did. It just did damage and cause certain status effects like Confuse, but nothing I'd really consider "support".

The FFT version was more of a support/debuffer, but we know that SE never refers to Tactics for anything concerning the main series FF games (except the name "Ivalice" in FF12), so it's probably safe to say it'll be nothing like Tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by BRP

I think it's JST, so that means tomorrow! 8) Coincides with the first public day of the convention too, so makes sense.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Even though they said its coming out the 22nd, dont forget this is JP's Time we are talking. It will probably appear on POL sometime tomorrow.

Edit: bah elmer beat me to it.

Sagacious Sundi

Quote Originally Posted by Elmer the Pointy
    It was brief, but I saw a snippet of a Besieged-like battle playing out inside a town.
    Oh sweet. Was it a city (like one of the 4-5 main ones), or was it more of a town like Selbina or Mhaura?

Thanks for everything, Elmer! :D

A. Body
    BG Level

As long as it isn't Geomancer, there is hope in my heart.

[quote=Sagacious Sundi]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Elmer the Pointy":71787
    It was brief, but I saw a snippet of a Besieged-like battle playing out inside a town.
    Oh sweet. Was it a city (like one of the 4-5 main ones), or was it more of a town like Selbina or Mhaura?

Thanks for everything, Elmer! :D[/quote:71787]

Sorry, but it's the author talking, not me

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I would imagine they will be places that have already been overthrown in our time, such as Rolanberry and Sauro<tab key>, possibly even Davoi or Garlaige. Could also very likely be the starting nations and Jeuno.

Banned.

BG Level

Sauro<tab key>
    Saruomugue Champaign!

Um... when they say 22nd, does that mean our late 21st?

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by BRP

I think it's JST, so that means tomorrow! 8) Coincides with the first public day of the convention too, so makes sense.
    Yaaay. God, I can't wait. D: Thanks so much Elmer for the superspecialawesome translation.

Do want, this video should be awesome >_> and I dont care about sound quality

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

The Vana’diel of the past will have new maps and new monsters as well. They also reiterated there will be a large-scale battle system implemented too. It was brief, but I saw a snippet of a Besieged-like battle playing out inside a town.
    I came.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

meet Queen Leaute, the expanding D’Oraguille family, the hero Karaha-Baruha, the former Mithra Matriarch Perih Vashai, and a host of other famous NPCs.
    This is where I orgasmed.

Issac

Quote Originally Posted by Avé
    meet Queen Leaute, the expanding D’Oraguille family, the hero Karaha-Baruha, the former Mithra Matriarch Perih Vashai, and a host of other famous NPCs.
    This is where I orgasmed.
    Me too.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Just curious Elmer, not that it's related that much but have you seen any information on the FFXIII games. Them not being at E3 made me hope SE would at least have a new trailer or a bit of info at TGS.

Thanks a bunch Elmer. Hope they do release info on the second new job. My hopes of a true warrior-mage job still lives! (yes I hate BLU their sword DPS sucks and I don't wanna spend that much time learning spells)

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by orson
    Just curious Elmer, not that it's related that much but have you seen any information on the FFXIII games. Them not being at E3 made me hope SE would at least have a new trailer or a bit of info at TGS.
    Sorry, but it's the author talking, not me

Quote Originally Posted by orson
    They open to the public tomorrow, and they say there will be FFXIII info, as well as Dissidia, FFIV DS, etc etc

All I know is I want a release date for FFIV DS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast