BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

The Pit: Dat Mining and Speculation

Although the pit announced to be delayed until September 11th, they still added alot of data for it with this update. While waiting for the server to come back up, I was scanning the Colleseum files to see what they added, and what I found was alot:

Pet Names

Pet 1st names: Aile.Bete.Croc.Babine.Carapace.Colosse.Corne.Fauve .Flamme.Griffe.Machoire.Mandibule.Patte.Rapace.Ten tacule.Voyou.Nimble.Poison.Putrid.
    Rabid.Radiant.Raging.Relentless.Savage.Silent.Tene brous.The.Triple.Undead.Writhing.Serpentine.Necro. Pit.Bloody.Brutal.Celestial.Combat.
    Cyclopean.Dark.Deadly.Drachen.Giant.Hostile.Howlin g.Hyper.Invincible.Merciless.Mighty.Zaubernder.Bru taler.Explosives.Funkelnder.Kraftvoller.
    Moderndes.Tosender.Schwerer.Sprintender.Starker.St inkender.Taumelnder.Tolles.Verlorenes.Wendiger.Wuc htiger.

Pet 2nd names: Agile.Brave.Coriace.Diabolique.Espiegle.Feroce.Fid ele.Fourbe.Impitoyable.Nuisible.Robuste.Sanguinair e.Sauvage.Stupide.Tenace.Tendre.
    Boesewicht.Engel.Flitzpiepe.Gottkaiser.Klotz.Muell eimer.Pechvogel.Postbote.Prinzessin.Raecherin.Ries enbaby.Hexer.Teufel.Vieh.Vielfrass.Fleischer.
    Jack.Machine.Mountain.Nemesis.Raven.Reaver.Rock.St alker.T.Tiger.Tornado.Vermin.Vortex.Whispers.X.Pri me.Monster.Beast.Butcher.Carnifex.Critter.
    Cyclone.Dancer.Darkness.Erudite.Fang.Fist.Flayer.G ladiator.Heart.Howl.Hunter.

Monster Type

Chose a Family:

Aquan:Crab.Pugil.Kraken.Urganite.Angler.
    Bird:Bat.3 Bats.Vulture.Colibri.Penguin.Cocatrice.Hippogryph. Roc.
    Plantoid:Mandragora.Sapling.Flytrap.Funguar.Cactuar.Goobue. Marlboro.Treant.
    Vermin:Chigoe.Bee.Spider.Crawler.Beetle.Pillbug.Diremite. Fly.Scorpion.Antlion.Magma Moth.
    Beast:Rabbit.Opo-opo.Sheep.Coeurl.Tiger Uppercut.Dhalmel.Manticore.Ram.Buffalo.Elephant.Ce rberus.Behemoth.
    Amorph:Worm.Leech.Hecteyes.Slime.Black Pudding.
    Arcana:Bit.Bomb.Cluster.Mimic.Evil Weapon.Magic Pot.Doll.Golem.Mumbo Jumbo.Chimera.Snoll.Big Bomb.Big Snoll.Cardian.?
    Lizard.Lizard.Eft.Raptor.Buggard.Armored Dragon.Adamantoise.
    Undead:Ghost.Zombie Dog.Skeleton.Gigant Toad.Corpse.Vampire.Corse.Shadow.
    Dragon:Faerie Wyvern.Wyvern.Shadow Dragon.Dragon.Hydra.?
    Demon:Imp.Ahriman.Taurus.Mind Flayer.Dvergr.
    Archaic:Gear.Triple Gear.Gate.Chariot.
    Elemental:Fire Elemental.Ice Elemental.Wind Elemental.Earth Elemental.Lightning Elemental.Water Elemental.Light Elemental.Dark Elemental.

Monster Job

Jobs:

Changes main job to bard. Can only be used by select monster families, and cannot be combined with any other main jobs.
    Changes main job to beastmaster. Can only be used by select monster families, and cannot be combined with any other main jobs.

The list goes on for every job, not going to copy the entire list.

Changes support job to bard. Can only be used by select monster families, and cannot be combined with any other support jobs.
    Changes support job to beastmaster. Can only be used by select monster families, and cannot be combined with any other support jobs.

The SJ list also goes on for every job, not going to copy the entire list.

Weapon Type:

Changes physical attack affiliation to "bludgeoning.

Changes physical attack affiliation to "piercing."

Changes physical attack affiliation to "slicing."

Changes physical attack affiliation to "striking."?

Battle Effects:

For all "Adds -enhancing- at the onset of battle", there is a corresponding "Adds -enhancing spell- when dealt -element damage-".
    For example, there's <Adds Blaze Spikes effect at the onset of a battle> and there's also <Adds Blaze Spikes effect upon receiving fire damage.>
    There are both for all enhancing spells, but to save time and space, i'm not going to list both.

Adds 25 points of darkness damage to regular attacks. Cannot be combined with any other elemental damage additions.
    Adds 25 points of earth damage to regular attacks. Cannot be combined with any other elemental damage additions.??
    Adds 25 points of fire damage to regular attacks. Cannot be combined with any other elemental damage additions.

<It goes on to list "Adds 25 points of damage" for every element.>

Adds 50 points of ice damage to regular attacks. Cannot be combined with any other elemental damage additions.?
    Adds 50 points of light damage to regular attacks. Cannot be combined with any other elemental damage additions.??
    Adds 50 points of lightning damage to regular attacks. Cannot be combined with any other elemental damage additions.?

<It goes on to list "Adds 50 points of damage for every element.>

Adds amnesia-inducing effect to regular attacks. Cannot be combined with any other elemental damage additions.
    Adds Aquaveil effect at the onset of a battle.
    Adds aspir effect to regular attacks. Cannot be combined with any other elemental damage additions.

Adds Baraero effect at the onset of a battle. Cannot be used with any other elemental resistance magic.?
    Adds Barblind effect at the onset of a battle. Cannot be used with any other ailment resistance magic.
    <It goes on to list "Adds Bar___ effect at the onset of a battle" for every barspell.>

Adds binding effect to regular attacks. Cannot be combined with any other elemental damage additions.
    Adds Bio to regular attacks. Cannot be combined with any other elemental damage additions.?
    Adds Blaze Spikes effect at the onset of a battle. Cannot be used with any other spike effects.?
    Adds Blaze Spikes effect upon receiving fire damage.?
    Adds cursing effect to regular attacks. Cannot be combined with any other elemental damage additions.?
    Adds Dia to regular attacks. Cannot be combined with any other elemental damage additions.?
    Adds dispelling effect to regular attacks. Cannot be combined with any other elemental damage additions.?
    Adds Dread Spikes effect at the onset of a battle. Cannot be used with any other spike effects.
    Adds gravity-inducing effect to regular attacks. Cannot be combined with any other elemental damage additions.
    Adds Haste effect at the onset of a battle.
    Adds Haste effect upon receiving wind damage.
    Adds HP-draining effect to regular attacks. Cannot be combined with any other elemental damage additions.
    Adds Ice Spikes effect at the onset of a battle. Cannot be used with any other spike effects.
    Adds paralyzing effect to regular attacks. Cannot be combined with any other elemental damage additions.
    Adds petrifying effect to regular attacks. Cannot be combined with any other elemental damage additions.
    Adds Phalanx effect at the onset of a battle.
    Adds poison to regular attacks. Cannot be combined with any other elemental damage additions.
    Adds Protect effect at the onset of a battle.
    Adds Refresh effect when attacked from behind.
    Adds Refresh effect when attacked from the side.
    Adds Refresh effect.
    Adds Regain effect when attacked from behind.
    Adds Regain effect when attacked from the side.
    Adds Regain effect.
    Adds Regen effect when attacked from behind.
    Adds Regen effect when attacked from the side.
    Adds Regen effect.
    Adds Shell effect at the onset of a battle.
    Adds Shock Spikes effect at the onset of a battle. Cannot be used with any other spike effects.
    Adds silencing effect to regular attacks. Cannot be combined with any other elemental damage additions.
    Adds sleep-inducing effect to regular attacks. Cannot be combined with any other elemental damage additions.
    Adds slowing effect to regular attacks. Cannot be combined with any other elemental damage additions.
    Adds Stoneskin effect at the onset of a battle.
    Adds Store TP effect.
    Adds stunning effect to regular attacks. Cannot be combined with any other elemental damage additions.
    Adds terror-inducing effect to regular attacks. Cannot be combined with any other elemental damage additions.
    Adds TP draining effect to regular attacks. Cannot be combined with any other elemental damage additions.
    Adds virus-inducing effect to regular attacks. Cannot be combined with any other elemental damage additions.
    Adds the effect of Amorph Killer.
    <It goes on to list all the "Adds the effect of ____ Killer", but I'm not going to list them all.>

Types of Battles:
    Currently, we are conducting group battles.
    Currently, we are conducting versus battles.
    Currently, we are holding a Pankration tournament.

Group battles are three-on-three melees which require adventurers to register small parties of monsters to fight in the Pit.
    If you apply as a two-person party, you will be able to reserve a registration slot for him or her, ensuring that your monster will be pit against that of your party member.

Colleseum Dialogue

"Welcome to the Pit Stop! If you're thinking of doing anything other than just watching, you'll need jettons...and lots of them! "Jetton” is just some fancy Elvaan word for token, which is just some fancy Tarutaru word for money that can't be used anywhere but here in the Pit. And I don't care how big your wallet is, Pankration participants are only allowed to carry up to #. "But how do I get my hands on this magic cash,”Well, that's an easy question--you purchase it from me, but I only take Imperial currency."

What would you like to do?
    Change monster name.
    Confirm feral skills.
    Remove feral skills.
    Confirm FP total.
    Confirm level and EXP.
    Confirm monster temperament.
    Review terminology.

While monster owners such as yourself are not allowed direct entry into the battle cages, you may view your match or give orders from a special platform located conveniently behind each enclosure.

While most monsters possess no feral skills upon capture, there are rare cases when a subject will already be blessed with one or two skills.

FP is the abbreviation for feral points. These points are used when assigning feral skills to monsters.
    Every monster has a different FP capacity, and once that capacity is reached, additional feral skills can no longer be assigned.
    Feral skills will generally improve after a monster's continued participation in Pankration events.

"Alright, Pankration fans, the match is about to begin!
    And in the blue corner is...
    And in the red corner is our reigning champion...

And our winner is ____
    And the match is a draw!
    Alright, Pankration fans... Until next time, this is your announcer, signing off!"

In addition, most feral skills have levels, with higher-level skills yielding better results. However, keep in mind that there are some feral skills which never increase in level.
    In addition, there are some attributes which are more clearly defined than others. These are called feral skillsand can be used to enhance monsters of differing families.

Most monsters range from wild to tame, and defensive to aggressive. A monster's temperament greatly affects its battle style.
    Of course, there exist monsters with wills too strong to be trapped in _____. Ask your fellow adventurers for hints on which monsters fall into this category.
    Oh, and remember, I'm not allowed to buy back jettons, so don't go getting any hair-brained ideas about trying to make a living off of this Pit fighting craze.
    Once you have received the results for your monster's previous match, you must wait until midnight (Vana'diel time) before singing up again.
    Paging ?Player Name?...
    Your monster's match is about to commence.
    Please proceed to Battle Cage [Annihilation/Bloodlust/Carnage/Diablo]
    Pankration (pan-krat-ee-on) is a battle venue in which you can “pit” your very own monsters against the monsters of others.
    Pankration has a long list of terminology unique to the sport.
    Please note that there are some_____ that I am not yet skilled enough to handle. I will inform you in the event you bring one of these.
    Some feral skills have job, monster family, and level restrictions and cannot be assigned to monsters who do not meet certain requirements.

Edit: Added Battle Effects
    Edit: Added Colleseum Dialogue and Battle Types

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reapz Sjc
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Re: The Pit: Speculation

I THANK PIT IS GON B MONSTAR V MONSTAR

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Wait what the fuck is striking.

¯\(°_o)/¯
    BG Level

I think the pit is gonna be FUCKING AWESOME CAN'T WAIT TO GO AROUND VANADIEL WITH SOULCAMERA THING AND GOTTA CATCH EM ALL

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Re: The Pit: Dat Mining and Speculation

Chocobo Racing v2 go!

I hope it's like monster rancher :Q

Sagacious Sundi

Quote Originally Posted by Ryko
    Wait what the fuck is striking.
    Isn't there a difference between H2H and bludgeon or something? (At least for avatars.) Maybe that's what it is?
    Also, does this confirm that archaics aren't arcana?

EDIT: nvm, I'm slow. >_> I asked "wtf is angler and gigant toad" here, in case you were wondering.

¯\(°_o)/¯
    BG Level

The two mobs that make this face D:

EDIT: WAY TO MAKE MY POST MAKE NO SENSE CAUSE YOU EDITED YOURS AND I DIDN'T QUOTE YOU

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

i think alot of the names and dialogue still isn't fully translated from the japanese dialogue

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

"Hey guys, Khimaira is up, come weaken it so I can capture it"

Sagacious Sundi

Sorry, I thought no one responded by the time I realized. >_>
    BUT NOW I DID PUT IT BACK.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

whoa, Cerberus, Behemoth, Armored Dragon, etc.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Pergo

Chose a Family:

Aquan:Crab.Pugil.Kraken.Urganite.Angler.
    Bird:Bat.3 Bats.Vulture.Colibri.Penguin.Cocatrice.Hippogryph. Roc.
    Plantoid:Mandragora.Sapling.Flytrap.Funguar.Cactuar.Goobue.Marlboro.Treant.
    Vermin:Chigoe.Bee.Spider.Crawler.Beetle.Pillbug.Diremite. Fly.Scorpion.Antlion.Magma Moth.
    Beast:Rabbit.Opo-opo.Sheep.Coeurl.Tiger Uppercut.Dhalmel.Manticore.Ram.Buffalo.Elephant.Cerberus.Behemoth.
    Amorph:Worm.Leech.Hecteyes.Slime.Black Pudding.
    Arcana:Bit.Bomb.Cluster.Mimic.Evil Weapon.Magic Pot.Doll.Golem.Mumbo Jumbo.Chimera.Snoll.Big Bomb.Big Snoll.Cardian.?
    Lizard.Lizard.Eft.Raptor.Buggard.Armored Dragon.Adamantoise.
    Undead:Ghost.Zombie Dog.Skeleton.Gigant Toad.Corpse.Vampire.Corse.Shadow.
    Dragon:Faerie Wyvern.Wyvern.Shadow Dragon.Dragon.Hydra.?
    Demon:Imp.Ahriman.Taurus.Mind Flayer.Dvergr.
    Archaic:Gear.Triple Gear.Gate.Chariot.
    Elemental:Fire Elemental.Ice Elemental.Wind Elemental.Earth Elemental.Lightning Elemental.Water Elemental.Light Elemental.Dark Elemental.
    The Pit is broken before it is even introduced.

Its silly, but this actually sounds like it might be kind of fun. At the least it'll be a nice diversion when I don't have much else going on. I'm sick of the cycle through the AH mini-game.

Sagacious Sundi

Bit: Detector?
    Mumbo Jumbo: Acrolith?

"Welcome to the Pit Stop!
    sign me up.

Edit: Mandragora champion all the way!

¯\(°_o)/¯
    BG Level

Ok I might get totally wooshed on this, but what is an "armored dragon" if it's not a wyvern, wyrm or shadow dragon?

And it's a lizard?

Sagacious Sundi

Wivre.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

I lol'd and now i might actually consider doing it.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Bunny vs Hydra.

I'd pay big bucks to see it.

Sagacious Sundi

Who wants to bet that mob family is purely aesthetic, and only affects the model?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast