Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mining Mount Zhayolm     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Mining Mount Zhayolm

Totally new to this and was looking for any tips possible, have the mining gear. Just wondering if any certain area of Zhayolm has more spawn points etc. Trying to farm Khroma ore for my robe~

Re: Mining Mount Zhayolm

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin
    Totally new to this and was looking for any tips possible, have the mining gear. Just wondering if any certain area of Zhayolm has more spawn points etc. Trying to farm Khroma ore for my robe~
    Check the mining point map on ffxi-atlas.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I mapped those mining points that ffxi atlas has, and I was 38WHM/NIN. Tonko for when bombs are around and sneak for the slimes and other things, Reraise is also cool. You're going to need that cast metal plate for the halvung gate or whatever it's called.

Other than that, not much to it if you know how to go around un-aggroed. be careful.. its dangerous{obviously}

Linkage for ffxi atlas for mountz is here
    http://www.ffxi-atlas.com/maps/mount-zhayolm/general/

STR-1 DEX-1
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

I think it's a lot safer than Ifrits.

It's really not that bad to mine, but getting the things you want can be.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

The only problem can be if Cerb is up because he can block 2 points but otherwise it's pretty easy. Way easier than Ifrit's.

If cerb is up and not being fought, your server fails

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Ah thanks. Guess ill just have to learn the zones better in case of aggro~

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Sneak for ghosts (only at night), slimes (only in caves)
    Invisible for Trolls (2 main areas), puddings (1 area), clusters (3 area)
    Dodging tactics for Wamoura (mothra types), cerberus (be carefull even if its being fought, its attacks dont care about if you have hate or not)

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/images/...yolmMining.png

My normal path was Staging ground through the gates of halvun, through puddings, all the way S to to the 2nd gates of halvung at "#4" (checking each point along the way). I'd re-trace my steps back to drop off at J-8 right before the original gates of halvung and then run east, North and then west again towards the gate. I pretty much repeated that process for 36+ RL hours total and came out with a whopping 1 ore. After the 36 hours i said fuck it and went and farmed 4 hect. eye clusters and made 1mil + off that lol. However I watched my LSmate get 4 ores in 8 hours yesterday so ya its all luck i guess. I do highly recommend the mining gear and whether you believe in hidden mining levels or not I definitely seemed to mine more/less breaks after my first 10+ hours compared to the first 10 where every damn click broke the axe. Anyway gl and you can make some gil off the other crap as long as you have smithing and gold to 60

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Skeetaru
    Agreed. Cerb is not allowed to be up for more than 10 minutes on my server lol.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I mined in Ifrit's Cauldron for about 2 years from Jan. 04 to 06ish. Most important tip for new miners in low populated mining areas is to plan your route to overlap itself prior to the complete circuit being finished. Mining Points respawn with no pattern whatsoever and I see a lot of new miners simply look at the mining points on a map and construct a loop to hit each one, then start over. You want a path that hits every point in the end, but loops over itself when its convenient to hit multiple points without going too far out of your way in case points respawn behind you. I've done a bit of Mount Zhayolm; it typically has more people than IC did back in the day, but still sparse.

Khroma seems to be about the same mine rate as Oric in IC. Ive gone 3 weeks of mining 4-5 hours a day and not seen an Oric, Ive also gotten 4 in one hour before. My final tally ended at 424 Adaman to 79 Oric. Adaman was roughly once every 1-2 hours; take the statistics for what they're worth to you.

If your going after k-ore or just trying to make money best bet is to go at 80% moon or higher for best drop rates on very rare ores. If your not sure how to check the moon /clock Good luck bro!

Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by cjapa
    If your not sure how to check the moon /clock
    If anyone on this board doesn't know how to check the moon phase...

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

/facepalm to anyone that doesn't know how to check that

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang
    I mined in Ifrit's Cauldron for about 2 years from Jan. 04 to 06ish. Most important tip for new miners in low populated mining areas is to plan your route to overlap itself prior to the complete circuit being finished. Mining Points respawn with no pattern whatsoever and I see a lot of new miners simply look at the mining points on a map and construct a loop to hit each one, then start over. You want a path that hits every point in the end, but loops over itself when its convenient to hit multiple points without going too far out of your way in case points respawn behind you. I've done a bit of Mount Zhayolm; it typically has more people than IC did back in the day, but still sparse.

Khroma seems to be about the same mine rate as Oric in IC. Ive gone 3 weeks of mining 4-5 hours a day and not seen an Oric, Ive also gotten 4 in one hour before. My final tally ended at 424 Adaman to 79 Oric. Adaman was roughly once every 1-2 hours; take the statistics for what they're worth to you.
    whoa whoa whoa... so YOOOUR the Wulfxxxxxx who mined with me XD? Man, that was agges ago lol

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

If you can mine with somebody else on Mount Z, the two of you can do two circles in the eastern and western halves pretty efficiently. This thread inspired me to try mining Mount Z and I got a Khroma Ore in my first pile of pickaxes. :D Then got crap afterwards, aggroed a bomb, and HPed after it killed me. (But for a nearly free Scorpion Harness worth of gil I wasn't too sad about the EXP. )

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Tekki we were in the same shell for a while as well (forgot the name, maybe CircleofFriends? Don't think so though). You were like a 54 PLD at the time lolol

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ive ran with only two groups since Ive played the game, DragonsOfHeavan (asanub) and BR(Now Arista)

Quote Originally Posted by Crizto
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeetaru
    Agreed. Cerb is not allowed to be up for more than 10 minutes on my server lol.

It's only up and unclaimed on Kujata when people wipe

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Twas DoH for a short while, knew it was a three part name.