FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

ah nevermind

Ive sucked 27 dicks, in a row.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk View Post
    Their V8 sounds alot like the plugin/addon I read about for Firefox which does the same thing, I think there was a "monkey" in it's name.
    You're thinking of ActionMonkey and ScreamingMonkey. A while ago, Adobe donated their ActionScript (which is a dialect of Javascript/ECMAscript) VM and JIT compiler under the name Tamarin. Mozilla is incorperating that in two ways, ActionMonkey is the combination of their existing Spidermonkey VM with the Tamarin code to bring JS2 support to Firefox, and ScreamingMonkey is an IE plugin to give IE advanced Javascript support that it otherwise lacks.

Neither of them are really very similar to V8. They still compile to Javascript bytecode rather than actual native machine code, and are certainly faster than the current generation, but achieve it via different methods. Most obviously, Tamarin is a VM system, where V8 translates the Javascript to native machine code and runs it directly.

Edit: TraceMonkey is something I hadn't heard of before, that's probably what you were thinking of. It's very similar to the native code idea of V8, but we'll have to see if the implementations end up being of similar quality.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

V8 is a VM as well, actually.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Simple and to the point. I like it.

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    BG Level

One problem I've found is I will have a streaming audio playing fine in one tab but when I click on a new link in a separate tab that audio will often stick and repeat itself a few times until the loading is done and then it resumes.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Holy crap! Chrome is fast! Balls scraping pavement on motorcycle fast! I don't have all the features i want yet, but it's fast I can say that much. I want a nix version now.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

My only problems have been the lack of NoScript and Adblock basically. Never realized how many ads some websites I visit had before. o.O

edit: It seems to crash a lot when I am playing WoW for some reason though.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I've had problems with flash locking up on youtube. May be a memory issue of sorts.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

The only problem I've encountered while using it so far is there are problems on Facebook with it, with Javascripts of all things. Not sure what it is but I submitted the bug with the screenshot, considering it's facebook I'll bet it'll be fixed sooner rather than later (like within a week).

I love the home page, the omnibar and the speed this thing dishes out though. I can't wait until there is a noScript plugin or equivalent for this, that'd get me to remove firefox from my start menu for good.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Holy crap this is fast... I love it already.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk View Post
    The only problem I've encountered while using it so far is there are problems on Facebook with it, with Javascripts of all things. Not sure what it is but I submitted the bug with the screenshot, considering it's facebook I'll bet it'll be fixed sooner rather than later (like within a week).

I love the home page, the omnibar and the speed this thing dishes out though. I can't wait until there is a noScript plugin or equivalent for this, that'd get me to remove firefox from my start menu for good.
    I was thinking the same thing.

Love-God among men.
    BG Level

Giving this a shot. No problems thus far.

Google’s shiny new Web browser is vulnerable to a carpet-bombing vulnerability that could expose Windows users to malicious hacker attacks.
    http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=1843

Not surprising since it is a web browser, Im sure its impossible to release a browser with no vulnerabilities, but it seems like kinda a big one since it is already fixed in the latest webkit..

Ill still use it but obviously just like always wont be clicking anything I dont know what it is.

Two issues I have, perhaps someone can remedy them for me:

First, I'm used to hitting Alt-D to access the address bar; however it makes the annoying stupid popup-ish noise in Chrome when I do that. It works, but it makes noise, and I hate that. Is there another hotkey / a way to silence it?

Also, my mouse scroll works, but scrolls too much at once, it's pretty jarring. I may just get used to it, having messed around with FF for so long, but atm it's pretty distracting x_x

Otherwise, nice.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

i like it

Doctor Shantotto Supporter
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Just tried it out. Awesome.

I believe it's secure enough so noscript shouldn't be needed. However, an adblock plugin would be greatly appreciated. Friends are hoping for support with 3rd party download managers.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's pretty good but holy shit i've been living in some crazy world with no ad's and i just came crashing back down lol. That and i need my scroll up back.

Does the address bar autocomplete do URLs and page titles like FF3, or just URLs? I like how, for instance, in FF3 I can type in "Blue" and get "Blue Mage Job Traits" from BGwiki as the first result.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Holy Crap, I just DL'd this and all I can say is wow. I'm loving the simple design and the speed of everything.

I don't have a home page anymore. Other than that, I love it!

My homepage used to be iGoogle, where I'd stay abreast of various news sources and other garbage I didn't need.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast