FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Re: Rock Band!

Quote Originally Posted by Dmitry
    So my brother and I were doing the one Southern Rock tour in one of the cities on our world tour, and we happen to get the opportunity to gain DOUBLE the fans if we score four stars or higher average. We 5 star Mississippi Queen, so things are looking good from the start. I had a little problem with Flirtin' With Disaster since I don't normally play it. But no big deal right? We're only down 24,000 fans, but we'll be getting DOUBLE. We get to GG and HT, and unfortunately we need 4 stars to get our reward. Then we end up passing it on the 4th try and end up losing 50,000 fans as our reward.

tl;dr, don't do double or nothing on that set list, or you might lose 98,000 fans -_-
    It would be wise to check the setlist for tours before you select them, you know.

We are now exploring the void and have no idea what songs will appear as part of Rock Band's downloadable content every week. This week's tracks come from an eclectic group of contemporary artists and if you don't like them, well move along, move along, like we know you do -- but perhaps the $1 price on the songs will actually get rock snobs to consider the purchase. The tracks become available through Xbox Live Marketplace tomorrow and -- due to Sony being on vacation this week -- will be part of a DLC double-dose next Thursday on the PlayStation Network.

Individual songs

* Attack - 30 Seconds To Mars (80 MS points/ $1)
    * The Kill - 30 Seconds To Mars (80 MS points/ $1)
    * Dirty Little Secret - All-American Rejects (80 MS points/ $1)
    * Move Along - All-American Rejects (80 MS points/ $1)
    * Song With A Mission - The Sounds (80 MS points/ $1)

Videos of the songs can be found after the break, and join us next week as our trip through the Rock Band DLC void continues.
    http://www.joystiq.com/2007/12/24/ro...s-to-mars-the/

E. Body
    BG Level

The Sounds aint too bad, dont like the other two much

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm such a fag for singing crappy pop music so I'll probably get the all american rejects songs and the sounds but I absolutely hate 30 seconds to mars.

Little Mother
    BG Level

I really hate the guitar they gave you with RB, I refuse to play with it. Actually i refuse to play with anything but my ugly red guitar I got from GH2

We finally got to play this weekend and ended up staying up til 4am twice playing this game, its so addictive. I tried drums a few times but I found that I'm best suited sticking with Bass and Lyrics on some songs, because thats what I do best.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBreeze
    I really hate the guitar they gave you with RB, I refuse to play with it. Actually i refuse to play with anything but my ugly red guitar I got from GH2

We finally got to play this weekend and ended up staying up til 4am twice playing this game, its so addictive. I tried drums a few times but I found that I'm best suited sticking with Bass and Lyrics on some songs, because thats what I do best.
    I don't really like it either, I let others play with it while I play with the ugly xplorer from gh2.

but omg, drums are addictive as hell (finally got the bundle..)

edit: yay for 30 seconds to mars DLC. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk
    They should put that on the cover of the game :D

Little Mother
    BG Level

It seems like I've got the permenant spot on Bass atm, a lot of people say its boring but I really enjoy playing Bass, its fun to me.

I've tried singing a couple times but a lot of the time I end up failing out because my voice is too soft and the microphone doesn't register it I guess...

What did you guys name your bands you actually play with other players? I know me and my friends sat in front of the TV and argued for about 30 minutes over it.

It seems like I've got the permenant spot on Bass atm, a lot of people say its boring but I really enjoy playing Bass, its fun to me.
    cause you're black, right?

Little Mother
    BG Level

Totally. My blackness is superior to the blackness of the two black people I play with therefore I claim the black instrument for myself, cause I'm fucking black.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Bass IS boring lol, same damn notes over and over.. playing backup sucks.

Little Mother
    BG Level

Bass on Expert isn't boring, its fun! Well at least to me. Besides the band always needs someone to come to the rescue when the Drummer/Lead is feeling ballsy and decides to jump from like Easy/Medium to Expert

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Bass on Expert isn't boring, its fun! Well at least to me. Besides the band always needs someone to come to the rescue when the Drummer/Lead is feeling ballsy and decides to jump from like Easy/Medium to Expert
    Play GGaHT on expert with the bass, then try it on the guitar... lemme know how that turns out! :rocl:

Little Mother
    BG Level

I know there's a difference in difficulty, but if I want to play Guitar on Expert I go play my 3 Guitar Hero games, when I play RB with my friends I want to do something different. And since I suck at drums and I'm not great at singing... yeah

Stop hatin' on Bass, meanies

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I know there's a difference in difficulty, but if I want to play Guitar on Expert I go play my 3 Guitar Hero games, when I play RB with my friends I want to do something different. And since I suck at drums and I'm not great at singing... yeah

lol have you come to the conclusion that singing sucked after trying to play Sabotage on vocals? because I know that's when I gave up on them heh.

Totally. My blackness is superior to the blackness of the two black people I play with therefore I claim the black instrument for myself, cause I'm fucking black.
    HUMUR

Little Mother
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso

lol have you come to the conclusion that singing sucked after trying to play Sabotage on vocals? because I know that's when I gave up on them heh.
    It wasn't just that one, but yes it was one of them

I'm glad we have someone who likes to do it =/

You think this is the real Dmitry?
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Yeah, we checked the set list and knew that GGaHT was on there, but we just wanted to finish off whatever city it was in.

I like playing bass because sometimes when you're really close to that last star, the x6 multiplier feels like it makes a difference (or 12,24,48 ), especially when like other people said the guitarist isn't that good and needs saved or can't keep a x2 going.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Got this for christmas and my conclusion: This game is pretty sweet

I like guitar/drums, but I cannot for the life of me do the vocals. Either I suck at singing or I'm missing something.