Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Low Numbers Proto-Omega     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ellion

Low Numbers Proto-Omega

My Limbus shell is taking their first crack at Proto-Omega this coming Thursday. We have about 12-14 members. (I know many take 18 to this guy.) Some have one job to 75 leveled, and others have a slew. Note: We have 2 BLMs. We are very melee heavy.

Anyway, can someone give some good tips? We're having a leadership meeting to discuss strategies sometime this week, and I'd like to present some ideas.

Re: Low Numbers Proto-Omega

Omega can be done with 8 people easily. Just depends on jobs like everything else.

I'd say
    Pld/nin
    pld/nin
    rdm
    whm
    brd

BLM
    BLM
    DD
    DD
    Healer/refresher (rdm or brd)

Thats 10, and he's easy with that. We've done him with 12, having only 2 blm in about 14min.

BLM T4 nukes do anywhere from 1-4% depending how good your blms are. Keep melee off him when on 4-legs so not to TP spam, then have BLMs stun as many TP moves as possible when on 2-legs. Melee jump on when on 2 legs and beat on him, and off again when he goes down. If melee are hurt, they should back off, can't afford too much MP spam on them. They can be healed again when he's on 4-legs.

Really all you have to watch out for is TP spam on 2-legs, that can be pretty harsh, otherwise on 4 legs with Para/SLow/Elegy on he's cake. BLMs can nuke accordingly and not pull hate, and easily take him down.

Ashira

Check out Kaeko's blog (http://kanican.livejournal.com) and clicky his tags about Limbus for low-man Omega and Ultima strats.

Mine has some pics too, but it's admist all my other chatter.

We ping pong tank with 2 NIN/DRKs, have RDM/DRK, BRD, and then BLMs (including 1 BLM/NIN, and extra RDM maybe thrown in for BLM PT refresh). Have done with as few as seven I believe, and more recently a few runs with nine or ten (due to new recruits and refreshed interest in Homam gear).

Keep up slip damage, after hate is set start throwing tier III nukes; ping pong tank when it changes form. BLM/NIN stun pulls Gun Pods on ejection (actually wait about a second because we've had issues with claim delay on them before) and BLMs nuke to kill.

Nuke on four legs, hold on two; when it gets to around 27-28%, slow off, have BLMs rest up. If it changes form again, wait; otherwise one BLM nuke it to <25% to go into final form, where tanks begin to kite and BLMs nuke. Chainspell Stun if you feel it's necessary; Manafont if MP is low. Easy peezy.

EDIT: be sure at least one BLM subs WHM for -na help for the BRD, since the RDM won't be subbing for Stunnage.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Best part about omega is farming him for 25 minutes and 15 pods and only getting DRG af material and coins >.>

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sidanoir
    Best part about omega is farming him for 25 minutes and 15 pods and only getting DRG af material and coins >.>
    /thread.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Windred Sayna
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Turalyon

The Big Picture

I think the general idea for doing these runs int he first place has been to test the limits on how effeciently these limbus zones can be completed and gear farmed. As with so many things in FFXI, the number of drops per time spent ratio is kind of bad for Limbus. I've heard of many "Limbus Shells" that just have huge wait lists on certain pieces of gear that never seem to drop for them, or they simply just can't kill the bosses enough times to support such a large member base.

By severely cutting down on the number of players in total (such as we have done), or cutting down on the number of players per route (and splitting up doing multiple chips per run), the number of drops per time spent ratio can go up greatly. This is really the purpose of being able to low man anything in this game. The bragging factor is always there but when it comes down to it, less players to win means more drops per player. I really hope that others who read this can benefit from some of the ideas we've used to improve their own farming efficiency, and in the end, increase their drop totals as well.

FFXI Needs to Change the Mob TP System

The only other thing I can say about the way we did this is the TP system in this game is completely broken. These bosses were meant to be hard and they really are hard - if you melee them. The key to both boss fights was TP limitation using BLM, which has by far the highest damage to TP given ratio among endgame DD options. A simple change in Omega that gave it TP regen sent us into a total panic, showing just how big a difference mob TP gain is in just about every boss fight in FFXI endgame.

The vast majority of boss specials are based on TP. Other factors like Omega's sick counter rate just hurt melees even more. If you notice our times in the last 2 posts, the kill times were really not that much worse than your average 18 man group - the BLM DD strategy is just so effecient it barely requires any supoort. Couple this with the fact that BLM is on it's own one of the best support jobs in the game with cures and stun, and you really don't need much outside of some MP regen.
    Sad but true...

Relic Shield
    BG Level

14ppl should over kill omega. Key is assigned a smart person to get the pod off to let blms nuke it to die. Usually we did with around 14ppls and killed it easily. Unless that day we assigned wrong person to as the pod puller then we might got some number of ppl killed by pods.

never trust ppl who main as mage job to come to play as melee DD job...

my sea ls's first omega attempt we had 7. whm/blm rdm/drk pld/nin drk/sam sam/war brd/whm blm/whm was very simple not to fast took 20 mins ish @25% we just zerged sam 2 hour rdm 2 hour chainstun no deaths (this wasnt intentional the other pld forgot the deturgent and the other blm d/c'ed. our key was timly stuns and Ventrillo

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

lol, people still cry about blm? last i checked blm burning dm and, with much tank support, omega and a few other things, doesn't come close to drk/war/mnk tpburn on kirin, bahamut v2, wyrms, etc.

stfu prz@_@

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Osede
    Key is assigned a smart person to get the pod off to let blms nuke it to die.
    This is really the only "hard" part, if you don't have the pods handled correctly you can get pwned pretty fast w/ low #'s. Just have your blms come blm/nin, or have a war/nin or nin/war claim the pod on pop and take it in range of the blm's. Two tier-4's or a tier4 + tier3 are enough to kill it. Pod spawns are well documented, but you'll get the first one on the very first change from 4 legs > 2 legs, and then another when you drop him to 25%. From there to 0%, he can use a random tp move pod ejection - just be ready for it if he does. Mostly he'll spam other TP moves (try to stun colossal blow if you can).

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I did Ultima with 8 and Omega with seven once. However the 8 man Ultima is probly much harder than it was because we used a suicide brd who just spammed Mazurka in a corner when CB counter got low enough.

for low man Omega:
    brd
    pld/nin
    pld/nin(or nin/drk)
    whm
    rdm/drk(optional but REALLY helps)
    and as many blm as you can.

Ellion

Well, we went in with 16. We got it to 19% and we wiped. Pod Ejection screwed us. Only one BLM was trying to nuke the pods which ultimately did us in. The other one didn't follow orders

Next time, which is prolly next week, Omega goes down. We're tweaking our alliance a bit and adding an extra voker for the pods. (Prolly a WAR/NIN) Next time, Omega is ours! :D

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ellion
    Well, we went in with 16. We got it to 19% and we wiped. Pod Ejection screwed us. Only one BLM was trying to nuke the pods which ultimately did us in. The other one didn't follow orders

Next time, which is prolly next week, Omega goes down. We're tweaking our alliance a bit and adding an extra voker for the pods. (Prolly a WAR/NIN) Next time, Omega is ours! :D
    We used to use a NIN to voke the pods or RNG to shadowbind..with some experience that is no longer necessary, and the BLMs will be able to pick them off pretty quick without prompting or additional support

One time a long ass time ago we wiped to Omega when trying to melee zerg him with too few healers....reraised and got back up killed with 10 seconds left and got dorps!

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Or simply have a blm/nin stun it and pull it away <_> I'm sure they can hold it long enough for it to die 10 times. No reason to /rdm here.