BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Haste Caps     submit to reddit submit to twitter

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Haste Caps

Was tested over at KI... so I ran my own tests, and found this to be true. There is a seperate haste cap from Magic haste + Eq Haste.

Recast for spells are capped at 50% from Haste(Eq + Magic). Fastcast will reduce this beyond the 50%.
    While weakened, recast for spells are affected by Eq Haste + Fastcast, but unaffected by magic haste.

Eq Haste caps at 25%. (Catastrophe counts as Eq Haste)
    Magic Haste caps at 43.7%ish. (Haste Belt counts as Magic Haste)

Total attack delay reduction from haste adds up to 68.7%ish.
    Job abilities which affect attack delay (Dual Wield, Martial Arts, Hasso, Desp Blows) work ontop of the capped delay reduction from haste.

I'm unable to determine precisely the capped total attack delay reduction from haste + job abilties. I know some people have tested Ninja Dual Wield cap, and Xno has done a bunch with Scythe.

Re: Haste Caps

So with double SV march, haste spell, and no other haste effects, magic recast is only reduced by 43.7%?

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Yea... I was suprised too... SV Marches gives me a 1:48 recast on Dread Spikes. SV Marches + Haste gives me 1:41 recast on Dread Spikes. (Using no Haste Eq)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

>.> you can drop delay below 70% cap as well? that would be ... interesting.

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I was wrong in my assumption that Catastrophe was Magic haste. It's counted as Equipment Haste. Even though it works without the Scythe on.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Catastrophe's haste counting towards eq haste cap instead of being magic changes things, atleast for me.

My current haste items for tp:

Ace's helm(4%)
    dusk gloves or homam manoplas(3%)
    velocious belt(6%)
    homam cosciales(3%)
    homam gambieras(3%)

So thats 19%, and since catastrophe's haste is 10%(from what i read in Xno's 100scythe thread), i'd have to drop 4% haste in my set up in order to not waste any of the haste given from the ws. Unless I droped my ace's helm, I would still end up either wasting 1%/10 in catastrophe or i'd be 2% under the cap. In my case i would probably opt to drop the cosciales for Black cuisses? that would only waste 1% and give me 4str 16att more for me to tp with. Now my question/hypothesis is this; Would the Dot from 6% haste and 4str/16att outweigh the loss of dmg from not doing guillotine? At a glance, I dont seem think so. I'm not well versed in the consistency of Catastrophe but from what I've seen in videos and screenshots it seems to have a very low dmg avg.

for the record i dont have a relic scythe but just pondering over its strenghts and weaknesses :E

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

for the record i dont have a relic scythe but just pondering over its strenghts and weaknesses :E
    get a hobby

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

well right now im deciding whether to do scythe or gk(prolly gk), so.. not just doing it because it'd be nice to know but because it would help me decide better?

oh, and.. call me crazy but isnt debating things you're interested in some sort of a hobby? I guess i should re-evaluate what i'm doing with my own time.