Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Alzadaal Undersea Ruins - New Area... empty?

Well, I was exploring the new ruins (I found 2 of the entrances) yet I failed to find anything interesting. Both of the entrances I explored (Caedarva G-10 and North Bhaflau) were identical, and deserted. Only thing I found was a "device" which appeared to be a teleporter. They were both malfuntioning, unfortunately. ;/ I can totally see this area being used in the future missions, but I'm still puzzeled as to why SE would put these areas in with nothing but a malfuctioning teleporter and a sliding star trek door? >_>; There's not even any mobs ffs. ;-; The area is fairly big though, so maybe this is like a new HNM area (such as Fafnir) but without any other mobs (Darters)? Who knows. But I really wanna find out what the use of this area is and how to get those stupid portals to work.
    FYI; for anyone who wants to explore the new area, you must pay 3 Mythril Imperial Pieces to obtain a map from the entry NPC (NPC guards the entrance to the Ruins at every entry point), and 1 Silver Piece every time you want to gain access to the ruins.

-Has anyone else explored the ruins? I failed to see many/any other threads concerning this area.

-Does anyone know the purpose of these areas, and how to achieve this purpose?

-Is everyone too busy meriting the fuck out of themselves to care about this new area? xD

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Probably prepared for new ToAU missions...

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Before RoZ Hall of Gods gate could not be opened. During the release of RoZ Sky was open but the pincers didnt work for a while. Sea Empty as shit for a long ass time, what makes anyone think they will change. These areas will have stuff just not till Feb.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Only use as of now is one of the BLU AF quests.

I bet the Malfucntioning teleporters take you to the Remnants zones. So wait for the missions.

Besides, thats less data we have to download for Aug 2nd XD.

(The scenery outside the windows is cool though. I saw fish that looked like ships from Star Wars.....no joke.)

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Yeah this place beats the pants off Lufaise. xD

I also saw things spawning on the inside walls (You can't reach far enough to go near it) that were untargetable, but they'd spawn and despawn, it was kinda creepy. From afar I could have sworn it was a mob. xDDD

I swear there was another thread for this somewhere ... but anyway

The only purpose for these that I see so far is transportation.

The one in Mount Zhayolm is connected to the one in the SE corner of Caedarva Mire.

The one in the SW corner of Caedarva Mire is connected to the one just south of the Dvucca Isle Staging Point.

They all seem to cost 1 silverpiece to enter. The Dvucca Isle Staging Point is rediculously easy to get to now.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by Sykes
    I swear there was another thread for this somewhere ... but anyway

The only purpose for these that I see so far is transportation.

The one in Mount Zhayolm is connected to the one in the SE corner of Caedarva Mire.

The one in the SW corner of Caedarva Mire is connected to the one just south of the Dvucca Isle Staging Point.

They all seem to cost 1 silverpiece to enter. The Dvucca Isle Staging Point is rediculously easy to get to now.
    Really? The porters will work? Or is this just known info from .dat mining and etc. and have yet to be put into activation? Because I went to Bhaflau and Caedarva ruins and got nothing on the porters. =[

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Some spots have working teleporters and some don't. For example, the E-11 or whatever one in SW Caedarva has a working port that puts you near Dvucca, but the western Dvucca entrance doesn't have a working port. I'd guess the malfunctioning porters will lead to the Remnants zones.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The area is fairly big though, so maybe this is like a new HNM area (such as Fafnir) but without any other mobs (Darters)?
    There are Darters in Aery?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That's pretty damn awesome. I was dreading running my second character through Arrapago Reef to get that point.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

There's also an unnamed target saying the "nothing out of the ordinary" crap in the area the nearest to the Dvucca Isle staging point. Seems the only area with a teleporter not responding is the one most south to Dvucca Isle.

Gotta wait for the missions to be released for this to work i guess.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

So far the area is pretty damn cool looking. I smell big bad NMs and fights down here. =o Maybe this is where Odin is hiding and being a pussy?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Since the Dark Rider can be seen in all areas connected to the Ruins + Wajaom, i wouldn't be surprised if it was passing through the Remnants, yeah.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by Kuropiko
    Since the Dark Rider can be seen in all areas connected to the Ruins + Wajaom, i wouldn't be surprised if it was passing through the Remnants, yeah.
    The bastard's horse was so heavy it broke the porters. Yay.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    That's pretty damn awesome. I was dreading running my second character through Arrapago Reef to get that point.
    Wait, so are the Ruins one large zone, with exits to different zones? I'd like an easy run to Dvucca myself.

The maps pretty much tell the story ...

http://www.ffxi-atlas.com/nav/?act=show ... rsea-ruins

It's not really one BIG zone, it's a bunch of small maps with teleporters between them. There's obviously a lot more to that we don't know yet, but my inclination is that most of it isn't even released yet. I have a feeling that more of it will become accessible when we are able to advance more in the missions that will be released on August 2nd.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Have all of those different zone lines in the maps been found and accounted for? I'm still optimistic that there's something there beyond a shortcut to Dvucca >_>

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Well i didn't check all the areas accessible as of now, but here's what i have :

Got to this map from the entrance the nearest to Dvucca Isle Staging Point. The teleporter in it lead to the area leading West of Nashmau. That's the "Dvucca shortcut" people are talking about. The teleporters allow you to go back and forth between these two areas. The ??? i marked is an unnamed target saying "there's nothing out of the ordinary here". I bet this will be for the first new mission.
    http://manganimation1.free.fr/0120_a...a-ruins_12.jpg

This one is the southernmost entrance from Dvucca Isle. All you can find here is a malfunctioning teleporter, probably for later use.
    http://manganimation1.free.fr/0120_a...ea-ruins_7.jpg

The entrance from the main map of Bhaflau Thickets leads to this one, with another malfunctioning device.
    http://manganimation1.free.fr/0120_a...ea-ruins_8.jpg

Other than that, the entrance from Mount Zhayolm (G-6) seems to be connected to the one in Caedarva Mire (J-10), East of Nashmau. I didn't check this myself but it's reported in a post above on page 1.

I don't know of other entrances accessible yet, but if you look at the maps on Vana'diel Atlas, you'll find 1 entrance from Mount Zhayolm (found), 2 from Bhaflau Thickets (1 missing, supposedly being at (G-5) on the staging point map, inaccessible for now), and 5 from Caedarva Mire (2 missing, haven't a clue where they could be).

The malfunctioning devices will probably be activated when the missions are triggers on August 2nd, just because of this :

Undersea Scouting
    Mission Orders:
    You have been requested to enter
    the Alzadaal Undersea Ruins from
    Bhaflau Thickets and patrol the
    interior.
    More info in a few days when we're finally able to get a little further in the storyline.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

If you go through Mt. Zhayolm/Halvung to the little island on the northern part of the map where Mamool Ja Staging poing is you can widescan an npc up in the inaccessable area. I'd bet this is the second Thickets entrance.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Wow, pretty slick work.

...and 5 from Caedarva Mire (2 missing, haven't a clue where they could be).
    There are two islands in the Mire with separate map screens that are inaccessible to my knowledge (ffxi-atlas has the maps for them), so I'd guess that each of the unknown Caedarva zones leads to one of them. I guess that means all the entrances are accounted for, and we have to wait until the 2nd for more stuff to do in Alzadaal D: