Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level

Regarding Malicious Third-Party Programs used in FINAL FANTASY XI (12/24/2009)

Over a period of time, we have been monitoring an individual responsible for the creation, sale and distribution of 2 third party tools in violation of the rules of the FINAL FANTASY XI service and various state and federal laws. The tools were utilized by players and gil farmers to gain an unfair advantage over other players in a variety of ways. As a result of our investigation, we have taken appropriate action against the individual, have halted distribution of the programs and have disabled the servers used to run them.

We are in the process of investigating other third party tools originating in the U.S. and abroad and will take similar action against the creators and their customers when we are ready to do so. We have a zero-tolerance policy against any attempts to artificially manipulate FINAL FANTASY XI gameplay or the PlayOnline service. Usage of third-party tools will not be tolerated within the FINAL FANTASY XI community, and we will continue to ban user accounts for consumers of these products and will potentially take legal actions against those who create the tools.

We would like to remind players that, in addition to adversely affecting game balance, using third party tools or cheats can also have potential consequences that are not immediately obvious, as they often contain damaging viruses and Trojan horse programs, which may result in the transmission of account details.

We continually strive to create a fun and balanced environment for FINAL FANTASY XI, and we hope that our efforts ensure that our players continue to enjoy the experience.

Thank you for your continued cooperation and understanding.
    http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/index.shtml

SE makes me laugh.

On the first day of Christmas, Square-Enix gave to me, a flourished LM-17~

Jokes aside....what is with SE doing bans after Christmas/New years?

Weren't the salvage bans around the same time frame?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

We are in the process of investigating other third party tools originating in the U.S. and abroad and will take similar action against the creators and their customers when we are ready to do so. We have a zero-tolerance policy against any attempts to artificially manipulate FINAL FANTASY XI gameplay or the PlayOnline service. Usage of third-party tools will not be tolerated within the FINAL FANTASY XI community, and we will continue to ban user accounts for consumers of these products and will potentially take legal actions against those who create the tools.
    Oh lawd. I've got to get my hands on some vitamin E pronto. The baaawing is going to be so arousing.

If I could write bots FFXI would be a gold mine.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'd say that's a ban-stick on about ~10,000 people?

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

They're secretly trying to move people to FF14 http://bluegartr.com/forum/images/icons/mmithra.png

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Depends, what what exactly is this referring to? Doesn't look like it's Windower or Wizbot, so maybe iFuzz wasn't bullshitting after all? I would say "incoming biggest shitstorm in FFXI history", but then I remembered there's no one important left to ban.

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Oh, and they would have to come out with this message of love and compassion on Christmas Eve, lol.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well they are obviously talking about Maury, so NASA / Ap probably.

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'm assuming he was also forced to give the names of the characters that were in the app database.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Do you really think SE is going to just ban 8 servers worth of characters?

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Would you put it past them?

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I guess we'll see now won't we.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Well since they are marketing for FFXIV, no.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by drwaffles View Post
    I'm assuming he was also forced to give the names of the characters that were in the app database.
    Delicious.

Also, anyone with Kaces/Kommission's personal infoz should just go ahead and pass those along to SE for more epic lulz.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

It only seems to talk about halting the program use and the servers for it and not so much banning of those who were using them. Doesn't look like another "salvage banning"

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Yeah, I think I read "Usage of third-party tools will not be tolerated within the FINAL FANTASY XI community, and we will continue to ban user accounts for consumers of these products and will potentially take legal actions against those who create the tools" a little out of context.

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Over a period of time, we have been monitoring an individual responsible for the creation, sale and distribution of 2 third party tools in violation of the rules of the FINAL FANTASY XI service and various state and federal laws. The tools were utilized by players and gil farmers to gain an unfair advantage over other players in a variety of ways. As a result of our investigation, we have taken appropriate action against the individual, have halted distribution of the programs and have disabled the servers used to run them.
    Everything done with FFXIAPP is done. I see nothing new here other than the fact that they're targeting the sources now.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by drwaffles View Post
    Yeah, I think I read "Usage of third-party tools will not be tolerated within the FINAL FANTASY XI community, and we will continue to ban user accounts for consumers of these products and will potentially take legal actions against those who create the tools" a little out of context.
    They say that in every message they release regarding third party tools...

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Meian View Post
    It only seems to talk about halting the program use and the servers for it and not so much banning of those who were using them. Doesn't look like another "salvage banning"
    Quote Originally Posted by SE SAY
    and we will continue to ban user accounts for consumers of these products
    Reading comprehension

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast