1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 30 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 29 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 10 hours, 30 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 23 hours, 29 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Elmer the Pointy View Post
    Little blurb in the FFXIII section mentions that the Campaign Code everyone's buzzing about is only for Japan. This could mean a couple of things. While it could simply be stating that it's only in JP FFXIII copies, the only thing I want to be careful of is if people registering outside of Japan can use the code or not. If we can get clarification I'll let you know.
    Why would it not surprise me if SE pulled a bitch move like this?

Zerv

The lantern shield looks cool

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I'm kind of disappointed in the gladiator armor, but I'm sure that's not the only set available. lol

The baghnaks/hora look really nice though. I'm torn between starting out as a pugilist or a lancer now.

And...The FFXIV campaign code is for an in-game item? So soon? Weird...too bad it isn't going to be a beta code, though. :[

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Kaluuki View Post

And...The FFXIV campaign code is for an in-game item? So soon? Weird...too bad it isn't going to be a beta code, though. :[
    Too bad knowing SE they'll keep it JP onry so it doesn't really matter for us. I hate to be cynical, but after so many years of repeat offenses by SE it's hard to be optimistic.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

yeah, I don't expect an open beta for a looooooong time, and I'm like 88% certain closed beta will be JP only. I guess we'll find out sometime soon.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

yeah, I don't expect an open beta for a looooooong time, and I'm like 88% certain closed beta will be JP only. I guess we'll find out sometime soon.
    I meant the item code, but the beta following the same thing wouldn't surprise me either. Although SE did mention that they wanted to do more than just a single localized beta, so there's actually hope for that one.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I'm kind of disappointed in the gladiator armor, but I'm sure that's not the only set available. lol
    Really? I think it looks pretty damn bad ass. Although, I have a feeling that no gladiator in history wore armor like that.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

imo, it looks like a bucket with chain mail hanging from it.

it actually reminds me more of like... a knight, more than a gladiator.

Red Hand Commando
    BG Level

it actually reminds me more of like... a knight, more than a gladiator.
    That is pretty much exactly what it looks like, a medieval knight carrying a standard Roman battle shield. SE seems to have taken a lot of more inspiration it seems from medieval society for FFXIV; Spearman (Lancer), Knight (Gladiator), Marauder and Archer. In addition the creation of separate "disciplines" is a close reflection of the beginning of the medieval bourgeoisie society with clear distinctions between the military and the guild artisans. Maybe this bodes well for some mounted combat tournaments down the line on chocobos

One thing I've always loved about SE is that they obviously have a huge knowledge and appreciation of cultures, myths and history outside of their own and reflect it in the game. The list of characters, places and events taken from Norse mythology for example in FFXI (Fafnir, Ridill, Nidhogg, Hrotti, Einherjar, Odin, Gjallarhorn to name just a few) is huge and it will be interesting to see where they draw inspiration from for the larger boss battles and encounters this time around.

I honestly hope we don't see a case of T&A-itis on armor. There's plenty of light-armor types like Pugilist for that, but a "gladiator" that isn't actually decently armored like the male one is silly.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I'm excited about gladiator. I will be the best lalawaffle gladiator to ever liiiiive! I actually like the new armor because it looks more realistic than, say, warrior AF.

On a random note... do we know if the servers are gonna be multilingual again?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Talka View Post
    I'm excited about gladiator. I will be the best lalawaffle gladiator to ever liiiiive! I actually like the new armor because it looks more realistic than, say, warrior AF.

On a random note... do we know if the servers are gonna be multilingual again?
    They will be.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    They will be.
    Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyreth View Post
    I honestly hope we don't see a case of T&A-itis on armor. There's plenty of light-armor types like Pugilist for that, but a "gladiator" that isn't actually decently armored like the male one is silly.
    Go away, I want my chainmail bikinis with bust sliders set to max. >

In all seriousness, though, I don't mind the grounded look. Slap some white cloth on front of the Gladiator armor and it'd almost look like PLD AF.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Rokku View Post
    a smooth feminine stomach clearly repels mortal wounds .
    I lol'ed :D

Assanginator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

yay

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Rokku View Post
    Don't forget a bare midriff, a smooth feminine stomach clearly repels mortal wounds more effectively than a piece of plate armor covering it.
    also a bare chest completely defends against arrows/swords/whatever to the heart.

basics of MMO armor.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

also a bare chest completely defends against arrows/swords/whatever to the heart.

basics of MMO armor.
    http://www.imagebeast.net/images/yii...nah7j4b9jg.jpg

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

hopefully there is a way to keep the armor look you like and transfer stats of the armor you want to it, like in aion. I like that, no need to look shitty, because of good armor.

New Odin
    BG Level

But that's part of the fun! Nothing better than wearing rapparee harness, optical hat, errant, walahra turban, genbu's kabuto, and republic subligar just because they have good stats!

It's comical, they better not take it away D:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast