Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Just started Nyzul Isle...WTF.

We did three runs, screwed up the first one and timed out on the fifth floor, exited after clearing floor 5, and started on floor 6 and lost because one person didn't touch the single lamp everyone needed to touch for 10 minutes while other people aggroed all shit on the floor. Could have went better, but not too terrible for the first time ever trying it.

I go and talk to the stupid Galka, and I'm on Floor 0 still. WTF gives?

I was under the impression this fucking update was supposed to make it so you don't need to go up the thing to floor 100 6 fucking times?

Or you still do, but need to /dance4 with the one of the poles or some shit?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

did you click the runic disc in the beginning to get a runic disc key item? all members need to have one to record their progress

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Did you all get a runic disc by checking the lamp in the lobby? I'm not sure if that's it but maybe.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

What was said above. You didnt get your runic disk touching the pole on first floor

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

/sigh

Well, at least we only need to redo floors 1-5 again.

Thanks guys!

Relic Horn
    BG Level

one person didn't touch the single lamp everyone needed to touch for 10 minutes while other people aggroed all shit on the floor. Could have went better, but not too terrible for the first time ever trying it.
    "not too terrbile"? This is like the worst thing I ever heard from Nyzul Isle :D

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion View Post
    "not too terrbile"? This is like the worst thing I ever heard from Nyzul Isle :D
    How about timing out on floor 11? (and starting there)
    Joined a pick up party a week or two ago and got order lamps. The people I was with had no idea what they were doing at all. I was telling people to hit them in order, calling their name and then they'd say when they'd hit it. They couldn't seem to understand that I kept hitting them whenever they felt like it. I said ok... let me do it on my own. They said okay and then hit lamps anyway. -_-

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion View Post
    One of the worst things I've had is a member d/c during a single lamp floor before hitting it... you can't go up until he comes back, and if he doesn't come back, you lose.

Yvonne

This happened to me as well. I think it's kinda lame that SE didn't really have a text of dialog via NPC to mention this. I ended up having to repeat floors 1-10 because of it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Yep, my static needs to repeat 1-25 now because of this.

ralph pls go
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So wait, my ls mate started up a Nyzul static fairly recently from floor one. I'm kind of tired so I'm semi confused but if I would've clicked the lamp on the first floor I would've got a key item? Would that count towards the floors for unlocking the Nyzul Weapons as well?

It's not exactly first floor. It's the lobby.

When you first enter nyzul, you see a closed room with a chest and a pole. Clicking the pole gives you your runic disc key item. You do not have to start a session, but you do have to click on the pole, and without doing that your progress will never be recorded and you will be at 14000 WSNM points forever.

ralph pls go
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Aihree View Post
    It's not exactly first floor. It's the lobby.

When you first enter nyzul, you see a closed room with a chest and a pole. Clicking the pole gives you your runic disc key item. You do not have to start a session, but you do have to click on the pole, and without doing that your progress will never be recorded and you will be at 14000 WSNM points forever.
    So, since we're on floor 16 now (cleared the boss on 20 but timed out right before we could exit) the next time we're in the lobby of Nyzul I just click the lamp and it'll log me as being on floor 16? Would we be better off starting back on 1 since we're all still low or would it not matter? Sorry for the questions but this really intrigued me because I really don't want to do 14,000 ws points.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

you would have to start on floor 1. you can only record your data if you started on a floor you have data for.

ex: if you were to get it and have the group start on floor 16>20, exiting on 20, you wouldn't have it saved because your disc doesn't have floor16 recorded on it.

so yeah, floor16 isn't too bad, thats 3 runs. just have them start up again

ralph pls go
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ok, phew. Glad I caught this early on. Now to talk with the leader of the static and see if he doesn't mind starting over.

Edit: Also, just for clarification, we don't have to click the lamp again (on subsequent runs) after getting the key item right?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

That's right, progress is automatically recorded once you've got a Runic Disc (which is given to you the first time you click on the the lamp in the lobby area, as explained before) ^^

ralph pls go
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ok, I just wanted to make absolutely sure. Since I was so tired I was sort of out of it and comprehension was out of the question. Anyway, thank you all for the answers you've provided. They were much appreciated.