Thread: Tier 1-4 ZNMs Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Tier 1-4 ZNMs Discussion

First post exploded during the server change. Il will come back shortly.

Until then, you can use those pretty ZNM chart made by Spira
    http://wilddragonchase.blogspot.com/...nm-system.html

Or an older version of the first post saved by Bercus
    http://ffxinet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=283

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Re: Tier 1-3 ZNMs Discussion

Tinnin (Hydra)
    Tinnin (Hydra)
    Location: Spawned by trading a Monkey Wine to the "???" located on the islet in Wajaom Woodlands. To be teleported on the islet, every member need to bring a "Sicklemoon salt" (key item) that can be bought from Sanraku for 500 zeni. It's important to note that no one will be able to be get teleported on the islet if people are fighting Hydra (similar to sky god). There is no time limit or players limit.

Hp: 30 000hp

Weapon skills:
    -Barofield: wind damage and strong gravity (doesn't wipe shadow)
    -Pyrics Blast: fire damage and plague effect (wipe shadow)
    -Polar Blast: ice damage and paralyze effect (wipe shadow)
    -Trembling: aoe damage and dispel if it deal damage (2-3 shadows)
    -Serpentine Tails if attacked from behind (1000-2500dmg)
    -Pyric Bulwark: Immune to melee damages.
    -Polar Bulwark: Immune to mage damages and debuffs
    -Nerves Gas: 600 damage, 20dmg/tick poison, 40% max hp curse (wipe shadow). The damage are calculated before curse lowers your max hp.

Info:
    - Tinnin spawns with 50% hp and a single head. It will rapidly grow both head back gain 25% every times. It will only do this once
    - It will use Mighty Strike around 30% hp
    - At some point, it seem to spam tp move more than usual and turn toward tank to make them take full damage from breath
    - Tanking at angle will normally reduce breath damage. If there is melee, they should stand on the opposite feet to avoid breath.
    - Slow, Paralyze, Blind , Elegy elemental dot lands. Stun is resisted all the time,
    - It has low accuracy, was missing paladin a lot with blind on.
    - Is very weak to magic (burst II land for 1200 damages, 1700 on magic burst), but will resist relatively often (even on magic burst). Three BLM's magic burst was taking off close to 12-15%.
    - Every time it use Pyrics Bulwark or Polar Bulwark, Tinnin will follows with Nerves Gas
    - People who are going to be in melee range should bring antidote and holy water in case they get hit by Nerves Gas
    - Head can be cut (rarely happen with 2 melee full time), but they grow back almost instantly
    - Its regen is pretty weak, ~10-15hp/tick at most with 3 heads on

Strategy:
    - Taking in consideration the low hp (not much more than 30 000), nasty AoEs, and the damage done by magic burst , making a skillchain and having a few blm is a safe way to get it down fast.
    - A single pld/nin with 4-5 supports should be able to tank it infinitly (pld/nin brd rdm rdm whm is more than enough support to hold it forever if there is no screw up and everyone pay attention).
    - Knowing who is going to use poisona, cursna, and cure V after Nerves Gas help a lot and allow a single pld to tank it easily without any risk of dying.
    - Was killed with 11 people in ~25minutes ( pld brd whm whm rdm rdm, thf sam sam blm blm). Sam only went in for weapon skill, and thief was only there for TH (and stealing blm's enmity)
    - Because Tinnin doesn't aggro and has really weak regen, it's possible to zombie it while the alliance reraise. Just sacrifice a BLM until the alliance is back on their feet. Bio II last 90sec and will prevent regen (regen'd 1% with bio over 9 minutes). Bio II can't be recasted over bio II, make sure it wear off first.
    - Melee damage were decent, but a single pld might have trouble to handle the additional tp spam probably.

Sarameya (Cerberus)
    Sarameya (Cerberus)

Location: Spawn when a Singed Buffalo is traded to the "???" located on the islet in Caedavra Mires. Every member need to be in possesion of a Silversea key item bought from Sanraku for 500 zeni. The stone tablet used to reach the island is located in the south section Mount Zhayolm at I-10

Hp: 40 000-50 000hp

Weapon skills:
    - Lava Spit: AoE Fire damage.
    - Magma Hoplon: ~1000 damage stoneskin and strong dispellable Blaze Spikes .
    - Scorching Slash: Powerful Cone physical attack from behind (3 shadows)
    - Sulfurous Breath: Fire damage breath attack.
    - Ululation: 20' AoE Paralyze.
    - Gates of Hades: Strong 20' Fire AoE and potent Burn effect (30 HP /tick). (25%hp and less)

Info:
    - Hit a PLD for 100+ damage on normal attack. Attack speed is similar to Cerberus
    - Has a 50dmg/tick en-poison
    - Imune slow and elegy. Elemental Seal+bind land for 45 sec (it can still cast spell and weapon skill)
    - At 89%, 69% , 49% 29% and 9%, it will use Chainspell ability
    - Chainspell allows it to spam ability instantly (including Gate of Hades under 25%) and cast Firaga II, Firaga III, Burn, and Blaze Spike
    - Multiples time during the fight, Sarameya will use the following weapon skill in order: howl => ululation => firaga 3 => magma hoplon => howl. Under 25%, Firaga 3 will be replaced by Gates of Hades
    - It's immune to stun during the weapon skill sequence
    - Sarameya build stun resist (might just be the above, need to checkt )
    - When Blaze Spike effect is on (spell or Magma Hoplon), it will regen ~500hp/tick (rough estimate)
    - Blaze Spike can be dispelled, but there is a chance of getting rested (resist a blm in full enfeebling set 20% of the time, Rdm 10%)
    - Blm won't be able to land damage spell reliably
    - Melee, Rng, Smn, Blu all work well. Having more than a few melee in AoE range could cause problem however
    - Because of stoneskin and regen, it's not possible to zombie it in case of a full wipe like Tinnin and Tyger. It will regenerate full.

Strategy:
    - Tanks, bard and melees should bring a fire resist set. It's vital to survive through the fight, especially during the last chainspell. It's also important for melee to run after the first Howl to avoid the incomming AoE.
    - Having someone on dispel duty is necessary. Regen need to be dispelled almost instantly to prevent the fight from dragging on forever
    - A not so well balanced party of 12 might have issue. However, a good party with many range dd (smn, rng), good tank with fire setup macroed and healer who stay out of AoE range (20.1') should be fine.

Tyger (Khimaira)
    Tyger (Khimaira )

Location: Spawn when a Buffalo Corpse is traded to the "???" located on the islet in Mount Zhayolm. Every member need to be in possesion of a Cyan Deep Salt key item bought from Sanraku for 500 zeni. The stone tablet used to reach the island is located on Khimaira island, in top right corner (H-6)

Hp: 60 000hp

Weapon skills:
    - Dreadstorm: AoE damage + Terror (remove Utsusemi)
    - Fossilizing Breath: Breath Attack that inflict petrify effect.
    - Fulmination: 25' AoE damage, Paralyze, Stun (under 50% hp)
    - Plague Swipe: Cone "Flail" Attack
    - Tenebrous Mist: AoE TP reset.
    - Thunderstrike: AoE damage + Stun (go through Utsusemi)
    - Tourbillion: AoE damage + Defense down + strong knockback effect (absorbed by 3 shadows)

Info:
    - This fight is basically an easier version of the normal Khimaira fight, with a few minor change
    - Fulmination is unlocked at 50%. It's not as strong as
    - Tyger build a stun resist after ~30-40 cast.
    - Is immune to slow and elegy with or without Elemental Seal
    - Paralyze and Blind land with difficulty
    - 50% magic damage reduction and high resist rate (preferably ice elemental magic)
    - Physical damage are recommended, preferably the one that can be done outside AoE range (SMN, RNG...)
    - Weak regen (~10hp/tick)

Strategy:
    - Because of the knockback effect on Tourbillion, and the large range of Fulmination, positioning is crucial in this fight. Not too far from the "???", there is a large cliff where mage can stand to avoid every AoE. At the bottom, there is small ramp that will prevent tank from getting knocked back
    - Tyger doesn't attack as fast or hit as hard as Khimaira, but 2 tanks is still recommended since it can't be slowed. Pld/nin works pretty well, but Nin/drk possibly works
    - Melee do pretty good in this fight, but bringing too many would hurt healer mp. A balanced setup of 12 people can probably handle 1-2 melee easily
    - Pld/nin x2, Rdm x2, brd and whm can hold it easily forever
    - 2 smn, 1 blu and 3 blm will kill it in around 20 minutes

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Vulpangue's Obsfucate also seemed to take 2 of my shadows on Blue Mage.
    Barrier Tusk is the name of the move that boosts Iriz Ima's DEF and M.DEF
    Dea is a Wivre, not a Marid

EAST BAY JEDI DONT GIVE A FUCK
    BG Level

You could save some room and make it look not as big by puting each path under a spoiler tag. Would make looking just a tad faster maybe. Just a suggestion through sorry great thread though.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl
    Vulpangue's Obsfucate also seemed to take 2 of my shadows on Blue Mage.
    Barrier Tusk is the name of the move that boosts Iriz Ima's DEF and M.DEF
    Thanks, added them.

Vulpangue's Obsfucate also seemed to take 2 of my shadows on Blue Mage

You could save some room and make it look not as big by puting each path under a spoiler tag. Would make looking just a tad faster maybe. Just a suggestion through sorry great thread though.
    Good idea I guess, will do.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Might wanna add that on chamrosh, wisecrack has enough of a buildup that you can easily hit a weapon change macro for the melee within the range.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Beautiful list.

All this pandemonium clusterfuck in the other thread meant I had to trail through it to see if any new lesser ZNM discoveries had been found.

You've saved me a lot of despair! (In relation to your avatar ;D)

Also, you can find Ob info in a thread I made just for him here

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Dea
    - If you straigth tank it, you will want a 2 blm stun order for crippling slam. The random one can be hard to anticipate, but the one following another tp move are easy to predict)
    The inital TP move is only Boiling Blood as far as I know.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by VZX
    Dea
    - If you straigth tank it, you will want a 2 blm stun order for crippling slam. The random one can be hard to anticipate, but the one following another tp move are easy to predict)

Beat me to it. Boooooooo

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ardreul Galawen
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

On our pop, he always did demoralizing roar followed by crippling slam.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by VZX
    Dea
    Are you certain? I thought it was Boiling Blood and Demoralizing Roar.

You've saved me a lot of despair! (In relation to your avatar ;D)
    I'm the one in despair right now. Editing this post is a pain, and I got 18 left NM left lol

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I recall him using C.Slam after Demoralizing Roar, not Boiling Blood.

Daddy Warbucks
    BG Level

Witnessed some odd behavior with Armed Gears the other day and was wondering if anyone else has seen something like this while fighting it. Our setup was 2 red mages, scholar, and samurai, the 2 red mages kited while I nuked on my scholar and the samurai threw out the occasional weaponskill. Fight was slow but was going smoothly, but at ~55% it just completely stopped casting and became incredibly resistant to spells, even after loosing it's gears. Not sure on how melee damage was because I had filters on, but the samurai said his damage remained terrible throughout the whole fight, even again after it was reduced to only 1. Magic damage also became completely ineffective instead of just a mild -% taken, and after a while we got a black mage to help as well and his nukes never did more than 5 damage. Assumed it ran out of mp, but loosing mp after only about 50 minutes seems really odd.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Judai
    I seem to recall him doing it after both Demoralizing Roar and Boiling Blood on our pop. Sometimes, he did another physical TP move instead of Crippling Slam- I could've sworn I saw Batterhorn and something else, but I could've imagined the whole thing.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl
    I seem to recall him doing it after both Demoralizing Roar and Boiling Blood on our pop. Sometimes, he did another physical TP move instead of Crippling Slam- I could've sworn I saw Batterhorn and something else, but I could've imagined the whole thing.
    You're correct. It does use battlehorn and crippling slam after Demoralizing roar and boiling blood.

Witnessed some odd behavior with Armed Gears the other day and was wondering if anyone else has seen something like this while fighting it. Our setup was 2 red mages, scholar, and samurai, the 2 red mages kited while I nuked on my scholar and the samurai threw out the occasional weaponskill. Fight was slow but was going smoothly, but at ~55% it just completely stopped casting and became incredibly resistant to spells, even after loosing it's gears. Not sure on how melee damage was because I had filters on, but the samurai said his damage remained terrible throughout the whole fight, even again after it was reduced to only 1. Magic damage also became completely ineffective instead of just a mild -% taken, and after a while we got a black mage to help as well and his nukes never did more than 5 damage. Assumed it ran out of mp, but loosing mp after only about 50 minutes seems really odd.
    I assume you dispeled everything?

In our first fight, something similar happened, and it stop taking dmg from nuke and didnt cast any en-spell for a while, but I believe it still have a weakness. You just need to try all 6 elements one by one.

Daddy Warbucks
    BG Level

Tried all elements including light and dark, still never changed. We dispelled fire / thunder forms because they don't cast either (it normally does T3 nuke > enfeeble > T3 nuke) but seeing how neither thunder or fire have an enfeebling spell, it would just do 1 T3 Nuke then stop casting until it changed enspells.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Eggwoll
    Tried all elements including light and dark, still never changed. We dispelled fire / thunder forms because they don't cast either (it normally does T3 nuke > enfeeble > T3 nuke) but seeing how neither thunder or fire have an enfeebling spell, it would just do 1 T3 Nuke then stop casting until it changed enspells.
    If you dispel the enspells, he gets stuck in RDM mode and it sucks.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Eggwoll
    If you dispel the enspells, he gets stuck in RDM mode and it sucks.
    Yeah, I would definitely say to please god don't dispel the Enspells. Never again.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Charmrosh: spamming bio I/ Dia I on him get him locked on those spells until he does charm , afterwards it didn't work ( fought twice).

Ob: using 2x ice manouver before spawning him , then just leaving your pup alone, will make him change to red hat. with a TP burn PT all of his spells got interrupted, and we barely cured.

Dextrose: Spamming dispel on him will lock him also on trying to get amplification up , he seems not using spells until he get amplification up. also melee do interrupt his spells very easily , and although he has fast cast its NOT instant cast.

Armed Gears: as long as your mages on 20' range you wouldnt get hit by any laser cannons , can be solo tank easily , while the rest of PT blms + a rdm

Mahjlaef the Paintorn: I dont see how some ppl suggested Kiting him , since he barely do any AoE III , and he is stunnable , you can just kill him in normal having 2 tanks and 1-2 /thfs , rdm/drk and whm . and if MP low or tanks get bad dmg or something , can kite until ready again.

Exper Lamia: if its your first time its better to have someone sac pull it and die near the ledge , then tractor that person while zoning her from the zone you came from. since you dont want to wipe and have her go back to her spawn point and you cant follow , cause of the 3 levels ground there.

anyways she doesnt link with any of her lesser lamias , and wont re-summon them again, so you should have 1 person zoning the lamia while you kill her smns 1 by 1 then her.

thought if you dispeled armed gears enspell they just recast a different one? Also could you add what drops what and stats and such on each item? Would be lovely

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast