Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 29 of 56 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast

Re: Strategies to Defeat AV (All Theories/Ideas Here)

my memory may be faulty, but doesn't prudence/ix'aern function like that? i seem to remember having wiped to prudence and a triple mnk pop before (back in the early days, mind you) and when we reraised, they did not aggro. they just pop w/ alliance hate and that's all the aggro they get as far as i remember. please correct me if my memory is wrong.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

AV does NOT aggro (outside of ally hate) i have a screenshot of me stood next to him, i then used mijin gakure and mpk my friend who was in party with me.

assburgers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Breemer
    AV does NOT aggro (outside of ally hate) i have a screenshot of me stood next to him, i then used mijin gakure and mpk my friend who was in party with me.
    *claps*

You're cool with me now.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Therin
    I am confused as to why those Meteors did so little damage to your PLD. I have used Fealty tons, and I've never seen it resist spells as well as enfeebles (for instance, getting hit with Quake II on JoF when you're trying to resist Breakga will still do 1500-2000 damage) - is there something special about Meteor that makes Fealty resist it?
    going by FF5 meteor, meteor is a "time magic" quake is elemental magic. Time magic is basically buffs/enfeebles (effects) and elemental damage is just damage. Meteor does damage but is treated as an "effect" cos its time magic and Fealty resists status effects so it resists meteor (this is the way i think of it anyway).

Based on that There might be a way to resist meteor other than fealty, finding out what element meteor is would be a good 1st step but there is a good chance meteor has no element based on previous FF games.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Sifer
    I am confused as to why those Meteors did so little damage to your PLD. I have used Fealty tons, and I've never seen it resist spells as well as enfeebles (for instance, getting hit with Quake II on JoF when you're trying to resist Breakga will still do 1500-2000 damage) - is there something special about Meteor that makes Fealty resist it?
    going by FF5 meteor, meteor is a "time magic" quake is elemental magic. Time magic is basically buffs/enfeebles (effects) and elemental damage is just damage. Meteor does damage but is treated as an "effect" cos its time magic and Fealty resists status effects so it resists meteor (this is the way i think of it anyway).

Based on that There might be a way to resist meteor other than fealty, finding out what element meteor is would be a good 1st step but there is a good chance meteor has no element based on previous FF games.
    Everything in FFXI seems to have an element. I'd guess Meteor was light as Meteorite is.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by spooky

Everything in FFXI seems to have an element. I'd guess Meteor was light as Meteorite is.
    Spirits within has no element, I hope Meteor has one tho.

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

Meteor is a weird ass spell, some will take major dmg sometimes and some won't, its like the spell has a mind of its own.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Max™
    AV has Ally hate on the people who killed JoL, and Ally hate on whoever gets on his hate list, last I checked.

Doesn't actually aggro though, like most Aerns.
    We popped AV 2/2 last week and I doubt it matters but it had the same odd aggro pattern both times. The first time, he popped and killed one resting BLM and then went passive (no idea why he chose that target, he didn't get the killshot on JoL). A NIN accidentally Mijined while in alliance, but AV only killed 3 others and then went passive again, leaving the rest of the alliance alone. Similarly, the second time he only killed a few before going passive.

We had always assumed that he'd hunt down every JoL alliance member all the way to the updrafts before going passive. Is there a max range for alliance aggro?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It shouldnt aggro people that are 30+ distance when it poped unless someone acted on it.

It shouldnt aggro people that are 30+ distance when it poped unless someone acted on it.
    right. like the way you can ditch an aern reraise if you bolt away from the corpse when it falls. it will be too far from you and will wake up and wander off. try it for yourself if you never have. it's really handy sometimes. ^^

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

There definitely is a maximum limit to his ally hate range. We tried having a lvl 1 mule aggro it at spawn point and another mule a bit further away, so we could take him towards zone in. It didn't work. However, within a certain distance, he will have ally hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Slott
    There definitely is a maximum limit to his ally hate range. We tried having a lvl 1 mule aggro it at spawn point and another mule a bit further away, so we could take him towards zone in. It didn't work. However, within a certain distance, he will have ally hate.

Probably the hardest ive ever laughed in FFXI is when AV popped one night after our JoL and I quietly looked around at my resting blms, whms, smns, melee and smiled to myself, followed by a swift Shield Bash to AVs face.

The screams of agony and desperation, the sounds of Dlvl, good times, good times.

No one else thought it was as funny as i did

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra

Probably the hardest ive ever laughed in FFXI is when AV popped one night after our JoL and I quietly looked around at my resting blms, whms, smns, melee and smiled to myself, followed by a swift Shield Bash to AVs face.

The screams of agony and desperation, the sounds of Dlvl, good times, good times.

i would laugh so hard if i was outside your alliance and saw that

wish i could have been there to see that^^

assburgers
    BG Level

The guy who mijin-mpked his buddy was hilarious.

You sir, are a pro.

/salute

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I hate to keep posting in this thread but XD

Flawless Ribbon basically does the same thing fealty does, anyone try it on meteor?

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/8...sribbonpn4.jpg

assburgers
    BG Level

*smacks his forehead*

Please, tell me someone has tested this, and we all aren't tards for overlooking it?

I MPKed my alliance with a Bomb Toss. I think I have a pic of my bomb in mid-air heading right at AV's face somewhere. I'll have to dig it out.

Space Pope
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

*smacks his forehead*

Please, tell me someone has tested this, and we all aren't tards for overlooking it?
    I have one of those. Way overpriced. And although technically Death is a status effect, I doubt this one item will help much vs. a 2000+ Meteor.

There is a non-element magic damage category. Formless Strikes falls into that easily.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by fndragon
    *smacks his forehead*

I have one of those. Way overpriced. And although technically Death is a status effect, I doubt this one item will help much vs. a 2000+ Meteor.

There is a non-element magic damage category. Formless Strikes falls into that easily.
    tier 1 resist of a 2000 damage spell is 1000 so if this thing does anything at all it'll reduce the damage by half at least.

Closed Thread
Page 29 of 56 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast