Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Moghancement: Campaign     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Moghancement: Campaign

Tested this a little bit today. Currently Mythril Wings of Service (lost two medals from switching nations).

First I tested if it increased the "time cap". At this medal, the cap should be 86 exp/AN per minute. I went to a defensive campaign, got tags, spammed spells and redeemed tags after about 90 seconds, and was awarded 85 exp / 86 AN, so no change there.

Then I tested if it increased the base points awarded for actions. I went to an offensive area without the moghancement, forced an HP change of exactly 200 HP and recovered to full with Magic Fruit. I received 10 exp/ 5 AN (this is also interesting because apparently curing is 5% now, changed from the previous 10%). Then I changed to Moghancement: Campaign and returned, and did the same thing, again receiving 10 exp / 5 AN. So no change there either.

It could possibly be that it only affects tags that you've had for a certain duration, or only certain classes of actions, but at this point I have another theory. The text reads, "Moogle-powered assistance from your Moghouse. Improves your evaluation for services rendered to the Allied Forces." In the game's terminology, "assessment" is used for campaign exp/AN awards, while "evaluation" is used for rank up, so what I'd surmise is that there is a hidden point value awarded for each campaign towards retaining/improving your medal, and that the moghancement gives a multiplier to that value. I considered testing that, but since it's not even nailed down (to my knowledge) what the base requirements are for rank-up, I don't think I'll bother, and just set the moghancement anyway whenever I'm campaigning to rank up or keep a medal.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

totally didnt know there was this moghancement o.O
    i'm so filled with water moghancement or something stupid from all my 9-drawer armboxes that i couldn't really try it out anyhow.

seems sensible that it might help you rank up faster, even if not directly to your xp gain.

sweet looking flag though!
    http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/ff...unoan_Flag.jpg

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Thanks for testing & posting Suiram, good info.

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Suiram View Post
    I'd surmise is that there is a hidden point value awarded for each campaign towards retaining/improving your medal, and that the moghancement gives a multiplier to that value. I considered testing that, but since it's not even nailed down (to my knowledge) what the base requirements are for rank-up, I don't think I'll bother, and just set the moghancement anyway whenever I'm campaigning to rank up or keep a medal.
    You mean like this? Maybe the enhancement drops each req by some percentage or set amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakson View Post
    You mean like this? Maybe the enhancement drops each req by some percentage or set amount.
    That wiki page seems far from "nailed down". If you look at the history page, most of the entries are based on someone's own speculation rather than data provided in the confines of the stated rules. Also, certain fundamental questions persist, such as whether or not the amount of campaign necessary to retain/improve medals goes up over 5~30 period after the last evaluation.

Anyway, as for "dropping each req by some percentage or set amount". I'm inclined to believe that it doesn't work that way, but rather increases how much each campaign assessment leads to meeting that requirement. The difference is that if it works the first way, you would only have to enable the moghancement before speaking to the NPC, whereas if it was the second way you would need to have it active while you are actually working towards your medal. Of course, this seems like something that could probably be checked, by declining a positive evaluation and disabling the moghancement to see if there is any change after doing a short campaign that put you over that threshold.

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'd imagine you'd need the moghancement in effect before you actually go out and do the campaign and not just have it on while you talk to the rank npc, though who knows. It's probably some crappy enhancement anyway.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Jakson View Post
    I'd imagine you'd need the moghancement in effect before you actually go out and do the campaign and not just have it on while you talk to the rank npc, though who knows. It's probably some crappy enhancement anyway.
    I agree; I assume there is some form of 'points' gained from doing campaign and having that moghancement most likely increases the amount put into that total when you earn them.

Right, that's what I was suggesting at first, too. Just Jakson's first post said "maybe the enhancement drops each [requirement]," and I misunderstood that as him saying it lowers the points needed to rank up, rather than increasing the number of points gained towards the fixed requirement, which it seems we all agree now that it probably does.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

hmmm..