BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Decisions for 60SAM..     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Decisions for 60SAM..

Right now my SAM is at level 55. Obviously 60 will be around the corner since I'm now able to exp off lesser colibris. So, I've been doing some reading, and heard some things and was wondering what everyone's take on weapon choice at 60 was?

Right now I have a soboro. Obviously going to always be a good choice. However, I heard that Zanbato is a really nice GKT at 60 that can help create an nice 6-hit build as well as put out some nice WS numbers. Then there's the polearm route with Couse. Penta Thrust with a high damage polearm can also be sexy.

So I'm stuck. Soboro, Zanbato, Couse. What's most ideal for parties at 60? ^_^;

Gogo Soboro. Its some of the best dmg til Hagun. Six hit setups aren't really that great unless you have the haste to support them, and you won't at that level- the other GKT may be nice, but Soboro parses close to Hagun at 75 - Zanbato can sod off. Couse is alright, but last time I PT'd with a SAM trying to imitate my DRG using a Polearm, he was hitting 50% accuracy, and while his peak WS was about as high as mine, his average was hundreds lower, due to misses.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Ahh, that's pretty much what I was thinking. Thanks. =)

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

If you have a brd and enough accuracy, go with polearm. If you can get close to 90%, there is a good chance you will outdamage any great katana. Until Hagun, spear was generally the best choice for me (I leveled it a long time before 2-handed weapon update,but I doubt it changed)

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    If you have a brd and enough accuracy, go with polearm. If you can get close to 90%, there is a good chance you will outdamage any great katana. Until Hagun, spear was generally the best choice for me (I leveled it a long time before 2-handed weapon update,but I doubt it changed)
    I found spear to work well on colibiri til yuki, but really even with my polearm merits polearm couldn't keep up with soboro + yuki spam but I lacked bards in majority of the partys and was also pre-2 hander update.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaru View Post
    Gogo Soboro. Its some of the best dmg til Hagun. Six hit setups aren't really that great unless you have the haste to support them, and you won't at that level- the other GKT may be nice, but Soboro parses close to Hagun at 75 - Zanbato can sod off. Couse is alright, but last time I PT'd with a SAM trying to imitate my DRG using a Polearm, he was hitting 50% accuracy, and while his peak WS was about as high as mine, his average was hundreds lower, due to misses.
    Umm, your comment about 6-hits is completely incorrect. Hit builds have nothing at all to do with haste, as haste has the same impact on your build no matter what.

What does impact whether a Hit Build is worth going for is the relationship between total auto-swing damage and WS damage. Specifically, the higher percentage of your damage that comes from WSes, the bigger benefit you will get from dropping a hit off your build.

That being said are you wearing like both pieces of the lvl50 storetp shit and Rajas for 6-hit? I really can't imagine that is ideal with Haubergeon available at level 59. Without Haub that may be an ideal setup, but I think a 450 delay GK + Haub + 7hit is likely going to be better (Use the lvl 50 storeTP legs if you don't have Rajas).

Would have to do the math on it to know for sure, but I really can't see it winning out.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Ya I have Shinimusha Haidate, and Haub. No Rajas. I suppose soboro is what I'll use.