+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

What companies have fucked you over? or.. TL,DR: The thread

I tried setting up a DSL connection with at&t for my dorm back in january cause the connection there sucks BALLS, well it didnt work out.... and it was never activated. during this time, i had to give them my deposit of $50 three times because they lost my info. i tried cancelling it at the end of february, and thought i did... but... yesterday i got a call from a debt collector in callifornia(wtf, i'm living in mississippi.) saying i owe at&t $130. they threatened me.. and they didnt expect what i said back to them, so they actually sent the debt thingy back to AT&T. So today.. i called at&t and after 3 hours of phone tag, i ended up with my account being fully closed, and them owing ME money. i'm getting a check for my initial deposit, plus interest.

the other deposits were handled by my bank back in feb.

Fuck at&t.

whats your story? in b4 tl;dr and cool story, bro

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

back when AT&T was Pac Bell in California, they deposited a check I wrote them for my bill into someone else's account, and they promptly shut my phone line off and threatened me with collections for failure to pay. Had to fax the cancelled and cleared check to them 3 times to get them to fix it.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

You forgot 'in b4 unpunctuated, poorly-capitalized wall o' text.'

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Bought my wife a new phone and signed her up for a cell phone account with AT&T and canceled her Verizon account. Then we get a bill from them for a month of service on a phone that doesn't work.

Called Verizon and had the operator tell me that it was ok for them to charge me for a phone that has no number and does not function any more.

Had to hang up and call back got a reasonable operator who told me that the last person I talked to was an idiot that if a number is transferred that they cannot charge anymore.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Wells Fargo.

Before I was old enough to open my own bank account, I opened one with my mom as the other person. My brother also opened a bank account under the same conditions. He went into the overdraft a few hundred dollars and didn't pay it off. Eventually they just decided to close his account. Apparently, since we both cosigned with the same person, it was ok for them to debit my account for what he didn't pay. This put my into the overdraft. It also happened to be timed exactly when I made a few minor purchases (some gas, a drink, and a root beer - three different purchases.) I got overdraft fees for all three of these. All in all, I went from around $200 to -$200. I was like 16 at the time, it was a crippling blow and I'll never bank at Wells Fargo again.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Lol that reminds me of a similar situation I had with wellsfargo. I set up an auto transfer from my checking to my savings of $25 once a month. This is an internal transfer from one wells fargo account to another. Well one month I forgot about this transfer and paid a bunch of bills and my checking dipped below $25 so when their computer tried to do the auto transfer it said non sufficient funds, charged me a $10 over draft fee, transferred $30 from my savings to my checking to cover it and then transferred $25 back into my savings to complete the transaction.

I found it so funny because it was all my money and it cost me $10 to transfer $30 from my savings to my checking and then transfer $25 back to my savings.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

this is why things like auto-transfers and auto-billpay are the devil. sure, they're convenient as hell, but there will always be that one month where you forget about it and you either don't have enough money or your direct deposit is delayed for some reason, whatever. I will never in my life sign up for that kind of thing no matter how nice it is when it works.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Square Enix changed me probably 4-5 times double price for FFXI. What assholes.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Doesn't just about every business in the U.S fuck you over one way or another?

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Cingular:

Back in college I had cingular as my company. When they first setup their automatic payment feature I signed up with my debit card. Note in college, that account NEVER had less than like 500$ in it.

Every month for 4 months straight my phone got shut off and I got a 50$ late fee charged. I had to call them, and say how is there a late charge? I'd have to argue with them for an hour until I got a higher rep who was able to fucking read the part that said they should have automatically debited me, but the system didn't for some reason.

After those 4 months of that ongoing bs I switched to Tmobile and never left.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Vandole View Post
    I tried setting up a DSL connection with at&t for my dorm back in january cause the connection there sucks BALLS, well it didnt work out.... and it was never activated. during this time, i had to give them my deposit of $50 three times because they lost my info. i tried cancelling it at the end of february, and thought i did... but... yesterday i got a call from a debt collector in callifornia(wtf, i'm living in mississippi.) saying i owe at&t $130. they threatened me.. and they didnt expect what i said back to them, so they actually sent the debt thingy back to AT&T. So today.. i called at&t and after 3 hours of phone tag, i ended up with my account being fully closed, and them owing ME money. i'm getting a check for my initial deposit, plus interest.

the other deposits were handled by my bank back in feb.

Fuck at&t.

whats your story? in b4 tl;dr and cool story, bro
    Since this went as far as going to a debt collector, you might want to get a credit report to make sure it did not show up there too. And get a letter from AT&T that the account is closed and you don't owe anything in case you need to clear it up with a credit company.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Optimum Online / Cablevision

These dudes come to my house regularly to fix various screw ups on their end. A quick list of crap they've pulled/has happened in the past 3 years:

* They charged us for 4 cable modems when we only have 3 every month for about two years before they personally came to audit our cable connections.
    * Their cable lines kept going dead for days. They'd come out to fix it on a low-priority call. That was annoying cuz we'd go for several days with internet/T.V. and they never offered to refund us part of the service cost.
    * Have sent us several letters in the mail about supposedly sharing movies illegally. Never heard of any of those movies whatsoever (foreign films and crap I doubt anyone here would recognize as is). Understandably, the letters themselves are only sent by them, but man they're dumb.
    * Their customer service on the phone is never helpful when we have had a cable problem. They've always had to come out with a truck sometime in the next day or two to fix our problems. The only convenience is that they're available to call 24/7.
    * The internet connection is total balls. Searching for connections on XBL (blaz/SF4) sucked compared to my friend's FioS (and he lives ~1mile away from me). The connection also goes out all the time for 2-3minute intervals. This was annoying back when I was playing FFXI regularly.

All in all I've had some pretty bad experiences with this company. It seems like, at least in my area, they do not have their shit together at all. I've been seriously considering just going over to FioS for the better part of the last few months.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Not a business but one year at school I changed my payment plan to 6 payments, one a month, autodrafted from my debit card. First month they charge my account the full amount. Not even the full amount minus financial aid, the full charge for the whole semester as if I had no scholarships etc. Going from a debit account with 1300 in it, to one with a charge of like 8000 dollars was quite the surprise.

Two companies for me. MS Vista and Obsidian makers of Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2. First Windows Vista for making the OS incompatible with games that say Windows XP. Secondly Obsidian for having very little support for Vista users that want to install KOTOR 2 on Vista.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by thomassmith View Post
    Two companies for me. MS Vista and Obsidian makers of Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2. First Windows Vista for making the OS incompatible with games that say Windows XP. Secondly Obsidian for having very little support for Vista users that want to install KOTOR 2 on Vista.
    boo fucking hoo?

Apparently you didn't read what this thread was about Qal because quoting me does nothing to this thread. Try harder next time.

Also a school is not a company in case you haven't notice.

If you wanted to talk about schools that "screwed" you over you should have started your own thread.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

edit: sorry for double post

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

your bitching about buying a game because it doesn't work on your system isn't them fucking you over. Show me on the box where it says WORKS ON VISTA MMKAY, and then maybe then people will care.

Vista should be able to run Windows XP games. Having to use older software to run games is bullshit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast