Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

New Windurst "missions" Guide

First CS is at the Door: Acolyte Hostel

Second CS is at the gate to Jeuno in Sauromugue Champaign [S]
    - We checked the BC area in Sauromugue; no good. So we killed a Yagudo and got the 108-knot Quipu. Trying to get 2 more so everyone has one; we're 1/3 now.
    - Edit: now about 2/15 with no TH. They both have dropped from Yagudo Inquisitors in Sauromugue Champaign [S], but I don't know if that matters. We also just got Yagudo Glue from a Lutenist.

Trade the Quipu to the Bulwark Gate for another CS.

Zone in to South San d'Oria [S] for a CS. Talk to the Door: House in Squire Alley for a CS to complete the quest and get a Platinum Beastcoin.

Flag the next quest with Rotih Moalghett, J-8, in Fort K.N. (this NPC is there during campaign battle)

Next stop is Castle Oztroja [S]; just zone in for a CS. You might want to get The Lost Book done at the same time, since the run there is vaguely annoying.

Next, back to Fort K.N. and talk to Rotih again. After a pretty damn awesome CS, you're given a Fort Key key item and told to find the entrance to the Yagudo's secret tunnels inside the fort. Have your party leader talk to the Colorful Door at H-5.

You will be transported to Gouyu's Reverie. You'll have to clear a few dozen crappy little Yagudo; periodically one will give you 120-180 TP, or restore your HP or MP (the whole party). Circle blade is great, even from a BRD. Eventually, an NM will appear; he's not much of a challenge either. We did it with 75 BRD PLD BLM without much trouble. After the fight, you'll appear in West Sarutaburuta [S].

Zone in to Windurst Waters [S] for the final CS and your reward...food. See you in 4 months, plot!

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Re: New Windurst "missions"

Where are the yags? >.>

Edit: nvm found them. Farm time!

Went 1/1 on the Quipu from a Yagudo Zealot at K-9 with no TH.
    After completing that quest, I'm stuck. It seems the next one is supposed to start in Fort Karugo-Narugo, but I've checked every door and NPC, so who knows.

edit: Scratch that. I missed an NPC, Rotih Moalghett, J-8.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmir Rainteau
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Trade that item back to the gate outside jueno then head on over to sandoria, after that you head back to the fort

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Re: New Windurst "missions" Guide

Wow, those cutscenes were REALLY good.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Tried solo the BC as NIN/DNC. So many waves came in. I failed on the NM because I was slowed and paralysed. Came back and used Disector/Kraken with Samba and won.

I attempted to solo the BC as NIN, but I'm stubborn and haven't leveled /DNC. I ended up running out of HP after being hit for 10-20 damage about 80 times. As an added bonus, reraise wore off after being ejected from the BC.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by vivix
    Yeah, I feel I need to emphasize this. Okay, so there's not much for us to DO after 4 months of waiting, but damn it's a nice show.

Nekio

Where ARE the Yags in Champaign? I've looked all over and the only ones I found were a SMN and NIN pair, which are a pain in the ass to farm.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

K-9 is a mnk and a blm pair which I farmed - about 1/12

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

I've been farming a SAM SAM BRD trio at the corner of L-8, I'm probably 0/15 atm

Edit: Finally got it. Funfact: It took so long I was able to solo back the EXP I lost from Campaign making the Yags wander around and leave their forts, which resulted in the Inquisitor I had just pulled linking an Abbot and a Missionary. Speaking of which, what the fuck?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Priran
    I've been farming a SAM SAM BRD trio at the corner of L-8, I'm probably 0/15 atm

Edit: Finally got it. Funfact: It took so long I was able to solo back the EXP I lost from Campaign making the Yags wander around and leave their forts, which resulted in the Inquisitor I had just pulled linking an Abbot and a Missionary. Speaking of which, what the fuck?
    You know you cant get any drop if you flag campaign?

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Quote Originally Posted by Priran

You know you cant get any drop if you flag campaign?
    You also don't lose EXP for dying while flagged for Campaign.

What was happening was that whenever Campaign started (meaning the music played and I got a message) the Yagudo, who otherwise never left the area within the fort they spawned at, would begin a more random path of wandering, eventually leaving the forts and linking or aggroing me.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Was under the impression you died, then flagged campaign and got xp back. My bad.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Yagudo Inquisitors and the bard Yagudo I am about 0/30 solo on them. Does it have to be in a part of the zone.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Easily solo'd the BC as RDM75/BLU37, and didn't even convert, although I am a Taru. Pro4 + Taco + Phalanx + Cocoon = hot. Stoneskin was there mainly for magic and dots I had on me. Everything was hitting for 0 mostly. Also had Genbu's Shield, Umbra Cape, and Jelly Ring.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Bakthi
    Quote Originally Posted by vivix
    Yeah, I feel I need to emphasize this. Okay, so there's not much for us to DO after 4 months of waiting, but damn it's a nice show.
    I was the BLM in Bak's PT for this, and... I honestly think the final 2 CSes easily rival anything in CoP or ToAU, which makes me deliriously happy since this is still the second batch of stuff in the expansion. Granted, Bastok and San d'Oria's cutscenes were not nearly as good (at least in terms of omfg factor, but I'm a Windurst fanboy anyways :windy: ). Also the battle against the Yagudo was pretty fun, if relatively easy. Wish there were more missions, but honestly this was worth a 4 month wait >.>

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Finished the cutscenes and holy shit...seriously one of the best. Maybe not storywise, but the animation was pretty good, and it was interesting in overall. BC was fun with 2 players too, thundaga totally rapped those 30ish yagudo

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Seconded, it was fun to be a BLM in that fight, Thundaga II is pretty nice for destroying like 12 Yagudo at a time. Didn't even need -ga3, the mobs had practically no HP at all.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I almost solo'd the fight as pup/lolnin but Automatons' inability to cure without being deployed on a mob ruined it... not to mention failure of finishing casting cure on me when its target dies before done casting...

buh.