Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 100 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast

Thread: Abyssea HNMs     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Just for reference for the first post, Erebus was a skeleton NM, and casts Waterga3 and Water4 regularly. Unfortunately thats as much as I got into it solo on PLD/DNC lol

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Finalnub View Post
    Can anyone confirm/deny whether any of the tierIIIs are susceptible to bind/Slow II? Before I completely give up on a rdm/nin solo on any of them
    Only way we could bind them was with shadowbind. Don't think any enfeebles (other than dia) stuck

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

The NMs are retardedly resistant to slow, we couldn't get it on most NMs without it either being dumb luck, or ES'd

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Issah Grimes
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    The NMs are retardedly resistant to slow, we couldn't get it on most NMs without it either being dumb luck, or ES'd
    I landed Slow on the Krabkatoa with no problems

Quote Originally Posted by Renoturk View Post
    Can anyone post a specific strat for Orcus? My LS got him to 67% before wiping.
    We had two tanks on opposite sides of us, we were /NIN but I think /WAR or /RDM might be better because it doesn't hit that hard and hits extremely fast, you're basically always casting utsusemi. Try to make a stun order for Gravity Horn because that move causes hate reset. Basically just nuke the thing down.

We had the alliance at max casting range from the NM too, same with the Vampyre. We had a lot of support for the tanks too, double brd

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Ive been able to land slow on all the T1-2 NMs as RDM, also havent seen hojo get resisted either.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Just got a manticore hide only drop from Krabkatoa lol. LAME

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

The depop range for Yilbegen is utter bullshit.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Not sure if it was mentioned yet but be wary of how far you stray from t3/t4 nm

We had the Wyrm @ 21%, a mage took hate, was slain, and then it depopped because the tank was too far away

edit
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxzer View Post
    The depop range for Yilbegen is utter bullshit.
    this x 1000

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Also not sure if it was mentioned, but Krabkatoa seems to have a Plague aura, and Orcus has a Gravity aura. Similar to SCNM bosses.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Fou-Lu View Post
    Not sure if it was mentioned yet but be wary of how far you stray from t3/t4 nm

We had the Wyrm @ 21%, a mage took hate, was slain, and then it depopped because the tank was too far away

edit

this x 1000
    Same thing happened to us, I dont even know honestly who took hate. Was kinda lame. Maybe its glitched?

Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zubuis View Post
    Same thing happened to us, I dont even know honestly who took hate. Was kinda lame. Maybe its glitched?
    Same thing happened to us with a pld died from doom and rng SB it --

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Noticed something today:

Killed Krabkatoa in E. Ronfaure (S), got a lot of drops (ring, fire ore, mats, barnacle) and got the title. Killed again about 90 minutes later in Jugner (S) which dropped nothing but shells and a darksteel ore, and it did not give title (a member who was not at the first kill was at the second). So other than the obvious, what's the difference here? Why did one not give a title?

Also, not sure if the Blobdingnag has a title, but killed that for a mythril ore and no title.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Terrestrial Rage
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by TheOmniGalka View Post
    Just killed the Antlion!

Pretty quirky fight, triple/quadrupal attacks? Attacks like a machine basically but doesn't really hit super hard.

We found the best thing to do was to stun Gravity Horn in a BLM stun rotation, but he either built a stun resistance or completely starts resisting stun at lower HP. Gravity horn is damage, hate reset (seems either conal or AoE) with defense down.

The other move is called Quake Blast which seemed like an AoE strip (stripga?).

just dropped mats, really weird fight.
    http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t...lacy/Orcus.png

His damage per hit increases as he gets lower, at the end of his life he would swing 3-4 times for 150-200 damage each. He seems easy at the start and gets absurdly hard late in the fight. Killed me once by doing his strip stomp for 400~ -> 4 swings totalling around 900 damage with 2 crits, never even stood a chance. His moves are basic, his Mandibular Bite gets a conal effect, has the Conal Throat Stab, has the AOE Strip. Id recommend a tank that can take hits, as he has a Gravity + Defense Down Aura. Used Smns + Blms for damage, hate got wild late in the fight and Plds were chewing through MP. All in all a fun fight, was stupid easy til 20%, then it gets hard.

Edit: The one Krab out of 5 that we got Tier4 trig off of today was the only one that gave title, perhaps thats the trigger.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Linsivi View Post
    Noticed something today:

Killed Krabkatoa in E. Ronfaure (S), got a lot of drops (ring, fire ore, mats, barnacle) and got the title. Killed again about 90 minutes later in Jugner (S) which dropped nothing but shells and a darksteel ore, and it did not give title (a member who was not at the first kill was at the second). So other than the obvious, what's the difference here? Why did one not give a title?

Also, not sure if the Blobdingnag has a title, but killed that for a mythril ore and no title.
    Maybe something to do with this?

Spoiler: show
    DEBUG:Type: [Small Fry/NM/Shadow HNM/Shadow SHNM/True HNM/True SHNM]
    DEBUG:Direction: [East/Southeast/South/Southwest/West/Northwest/North/Northeast]
    DEBUG:Distance: ≺Numeric Parameter 2≻mm
    DEBUG:Number: ≺Numeric Parameter 3≻≺Prompt≻
    DEBUG: No. ≺Numeric Parameter 0≻ claimed!
    DEBUG: No. ≺Numeric Parameter 0≻ has spawned.
    DEBUG:No. ≺Numeric Parameter 0≻ is hidden.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOmniGalka View Post
    Just killed the Antlion!
    http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s...323_151835.png

Pretty quirky fight, triple/quadrupal attacks? Attacks like a machine basically but doesn't really hit super hard.

We found the best thing to do was to stun Gravity Horn in a BLM stun rotation, but he either built a stun resistance or completely starts resisting stun at lower HP. Gravity horn is damage, hate reset (seems either conal or AoE) with defense down.

The other move is called Quake Blast which seemed like an AoE strip (stripga?).

just dropped mats, really weird fight.
    I'm shocked you guys could kill that, its inate hundred fist-like attacking really made it impossible to shadow tank, so we kited it a bit and it ended up depopping after an hour cause the popper got hate and died ~_~

Anyways, drop from some fly in west saruta

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q...323_210620.jpg

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    Maybe something to do with this?

Spoiler: show
    DEBUG:Type: [Small Fry/NM/Shadow HNM/Shadow SHNM/True HNM/True SHNM]
    DEBUG:Direction: [East/Southeast/South/Southwest/West/Northwest/North/Northeast]
    DEBUG:Distance: ≺Numeric Parameter 2≻mm
    DEBUG:Number: ≺Numeric Parameter 3≻≺Prompt≻
    DEBUG: No. ≺Numeric Parameter 0≻ claimed!
    DEBUG: No. ≺Numeric Parameter 0≻ has spawned.
    DEBUG:No. ≺Numeric Parameter 0≻ is hidden.
    Well that's wonderful, lol.

So now the trick is to figure out if it's a "true" or "shadow" before popping.

Just fought Feuerunke in Beaucedine Glacier [S]. Toad NM, crazy high physical defense, uses one-hundred fists multiple times, very weak to elemental magic (1 AM2 was doing 8-10% of it's HP). It dropped Pagondas earring; level 75 Def:10, all jobs.

I popped Sunderclaw and Pugil in East Ronfaure [S], then the toad in Beaucedine Glacier [S], but now I am locked into the Beaucedine Glacier NM line. If I rest anywhere else, I get no message detecting a mob. I potentially have pics incoming but my post count is low.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Fairy T3

T4 Crystal + Title

Ethereal Squama synths into Fygja Torque (cure torque).

Don't know if it was mentioned, but veela cape has pretty pathetic fastcast (reraise from 1:00 to 0:59).

Quote Originally Posted by Dammerung View Post
    Fairy T3

T4 Crystal + Title

Ethereal Squama synths into Fygja Torque (cure torque).

Don't know if it was mentioned, but veela cape has pretty pathetic fastcast (reraise from 1:00 to 0:59).
    I spy a nekkid hume, lol

Anyways congrats, looks like a nifty brd ring, or even for dnc