BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

How would you improve FFXI?

Being bored in class can be the genesis of many things, not the least of which are ideas to improve FFXI. Just post whatever you think would improve the game (not A REALLY COOL SCYTHE WITH 20 HASTE or RIDILL GAXE bull)

Mine:
    Allow all WSes to crit. Seriously, why can't they? Crit based wses would still get bonuses to crit chance, but the current way is stupid. Maybe make a few exceptions; Slugwinder doesn't need crits. Make magic WSes able to crit too, based on the primary stat of the WS vs the enemy's MND instead of DEX vs AGI.

Make Magic Crits do +20% damage instead of the pathetic +10 MAB they are now.

Double all haste values, make haste less powerful the more you have it, and uncap it so 50% haste is 50% more hits and 100% haste is 100% more hits. Uncapped things are nice and haste as it is is kind of abusable.

Allow overkill bonuses on exp mobs, so each %MaxHP of damage above what was needed to kill becomes a % bonus to exp gained. With this, make multihit WSes land all hits above the damage needed to kill. Example: on a 4k HP mob total mob with 600 HP, a WAR does raging rush for 1k. You get a 10% xp bonus for this. (Notice the stealth BLM and MB exp party buff in this one.)

Make killer effects also give +%attack on mobs based on intimidation rate (8% intimidation rate = 8% atk bonus)

Make hidden effects shown, make "enhances" gear more understandable

Job Adjustments, the paramount achievement of my in class boredom

WAR: Weapon Swap: An ability that lets you swap your weapon without losing TP once every 3 or so minutes. 15s duration so you can swap for WS and swap back.

MNK: Grab: Makes the mob bound in place for 1m or until the MNK either disengages or moves out of melee range. Damage doesn't break this bind, but the MNK missing does have a chance to break it. The accuracy for landing this ability is the same as the acc for landing a normal hit.

THF: Critical Power: A new trait gained at levels 15/35/55/75 that adds +.075/.15/.225/.3 pDIF bonus to each critical hit (kind of like X's Knife.)

WHM: Banish 4 and Haste 2 (22.5% haste, 55 MP)

RDM: Momentum Magic: An ability that makes successive spells in a single school to be enhanced in some way. Enhancing spells get 5% MP and recast discount for each spell past first. Healing is 5% cure potency. Enfeebling is 5 MAcc. Elemental is 5 MAB. All cap at 25.

BLM: Elemental Proficiency: Elemental spells of lower level get MP discounted based on how many levels above the spell you are. 1% discount per 2 levels, caps at 20% MP cost reduction.

PLD: Offensive Shielding: A stance that makes the PLD unable to shield block but gets shield attacks, which are a 20% chance on each attack round to also attack with the shield (DMG = to shield def)

DRK: Make Abs-Int subbable. Shroud: costs something like 50 mp, gives an invisible effect, and -20 enmity. Lasts 3m or until you get hit by a single target attack.

BRD: Charismatic Gifts: Gives you +1/6 of your bonus to your CHR from gear, spells, etc as a bonus to your other stats as well. Passive, subbable.

RNG: No idea. I can't think of a hole they need to fill anymore. Maybe some way to improve TP gain?

BST: Monster Healer: Allows a BST/WHM to heal his own mob with cure magic. Also, Beastman Killer at 75.

SMN: Astral Intelligence: INT bonus corresponds to a stat bonus for the mob (STR for ifrit, DEX for ramuh, etc). Physical BPs can use TP to become more powerful.

SAM: Seigan gives AGI like Hasso gives STR. Fuck you SAMs.

NIN: Crit Hit Rate Bonus: Lv 15/35/55/75. +3/6/9/12% chance to crit.

DRG: MORE. WYVERN. EMOTES.

BLU: New spells, like Battery Charge (20 MP, 9s cast time, 120 recast, gives 25-120 MP), a Berserk effect that gives +atk and +damage taken (phys and magic), and a MND based strong earth nuke.

COR: Versatile roll: Gives bonuses to a job based on that job's roll. Doesn't stack with the similar roll (Versatile + Evoker's doesn't stack on a SMN, for example).

PUP: Mechanical Aptitude: Allows PUPs to cure puppets. Puppet Possession: 1m duration, 3m recast, you control the puppet instead of the PUP for the duration, effect is lost if you take damage.

DNC: Tactical Regain: 2 tp/tick regain when disengaged, up to a maximum of 100 tp.

SCH: New strategem that enhances duration of enhancing magic and enfeebling magic by 50% for 1 charge and +50% MP.

I do expect this thread to be terrible. I have no regrets.

DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin View Post
    WAR: Weapon Swap: An ability that lets you swap your weapon without losing TP once every 3 or so minutes. 15s duration so you can swap for WS and swap back.

I do expect this thread to be terrible. I have no regrets.
    Yeah, this was the pinnacle right there.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

Hookers and Blackjack.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by isladar View Post
    Yeah, this was the pinnacle right there.
    Yeah, fuck WARs too.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Daily Mog Bonanza.

Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Lower XP requirements per level. I'm not looking to make FFXI into WoW, but dammit, I've done this five times already, and my BLU (67) has only gotten one party invite since 50 (and that's with "{Level sync} OK!" in my search comment). Beating on walls in Campaign is mind numblingly boring, not to mention too damned slow.

Q.Q

Edit: Or Daily Mog Bonanza, yeah. Either of the two!

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Game mechanics aside, a DAT pack that updates all the textures for PC users.

That'd make me happy enough.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kohan View Post
    Game mechanics aside, a DAT pack that updates all the textures for PC users.

That'd make me happy enough.
    Unfair bonus for PC players over PS2 omgah

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

You know what, PS2 users?

Fuck you.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Put NPC in homenation that can warp you to jeuno (fuck airships.)
    Put NPC in Jeuno that can warp you to your homenation!
    Put NPC in whitegate that warps you to nashmau (fuck walking /ship)
    Moar storage!
    Nerf AV and PW (or at least tell us how to fucking kill them in the first place!)
    Raise drop rate of abjurations in einherjar wings.
    Fix crafting!
    Remove airship/ship flights/zones, or give an option to instawarp to the destination!
    Expand AH entrys to 20!
    Fix old mineing zones like Ifrit's cauldreon, Halvung etc. so they come close in profit like mount zhyolm.
    Enhance dmg of Relic WS's, most of them are just ... fucked.
    Stop adding shit like chocobo racing and such without fixing the basic shit.
    Make Ballista to take place crossserver-wide.
    Make Salvage entry possible upon a tag (fuck farming AP).
    Intanced Dynamis.
    Fix Pet-jobs!
    Lower the alexandrit cost of mythics from 30000 to 5000!
    Race-Hair-Model wtf ever change.
    Fix cure-lock.
    Fix cut-animation of SC's when swapping gear.
    Fix the fucking dupe shit finally!
    Reward more points for pics!
    More space!!!!

/rant off sry ._.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    Make Ballista to take place crossserver-wide.
    Though I understand why they can't really do this, it'd be a fun side game -- having a separate character and a Ballista only server.

It'd definitely be a lot better than Tetra Master.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Unless they integrated tetra master into FFXI like they integrated bejeweled into that other game

Undo that damn Kirin porter. I hate that thing. Also give BLU a way to easier remember spell sets. It sucks being able to utilize so many different subjobs for different things, but really need to use a different spell set for each one. One more thing, and I know about lolPS2 limitations, but why does everything (almost) endgame have to be so damn laggy? Wish they would just simply remove the 56K cap already.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Change the message in the intro when logging on to something more accurate.

Like, "WARNING: BY ACCEPTING TO PLAY THIS GAME YOU WILL LOSE OUT ON TIME WITH FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND HOES"

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'd really like to see an updated version of the general UI, now PS2 limitations etc blahblah probably prevents that, but who cares about PS2 players? GTFO my game.

Other than that:
    Fix cure-petrification.
    Let Ballista be server-wide, I'm sure there's a way to implicate it if they can implicate world changes.
    Fix the merit system, maybe allow us to keep those merits we remove, allowing us to put them into something every conquest tally? Or expand it so we can merit into more existing merits.

Banned.

BG Level

I would tell SE to listen to no one's ideas but mine.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well that sucks because you clearly have no ideas

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

Flame decals.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

A private server that had the game before all the patches that killed the fun. No Mpk Patch, no Ranger patch, no ToAU, no 2h buff, no Pup, and so on.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

2h buff killed your fun lol what

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast