BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Dev Team interview 5th December 2008

Seems like there are a lot of interviews in english here, but I found this one interesting too. It's in french but I'll translate some questions only wich I found interesting.

Original link : Fan Festival US 2008 : l'interview - Final Fantasy XI - JeuxOnLine, le réseau des mondes virtuels

lolTranslation :

Quote Originally Posted by chantelune
    The journalist introduces the thing explaining how he arrived in L.A. and met the Dev Team in the lobby at 5.30pm etc, he also says that all answers hasn't been prepared, the team isn't aware of the upcoming questions.

1) Standard Assaults are forgotten for Nyzul assaults, can we have some special I.D. tags for Nyzule ? (Hard to create a static to rank up when all your friends are spamming Nyzule :/)

It could be possible, but hard, in theory.

3)Chains of Promathia had the best storyline: deep, very hard. Do you think that the next addons/storyline will be like that, or more easy and short like ToAU (and WoTG as far as we know it) ?

If we had to compare them to the old addons, they'll be more like ToAU in term of difficulty.

5) What's the link between magic accuracy and INT/MND in when you calculate resist rates ?

To start, INT has no effect on damage reduction during a resist. About resist rates, all depends on the nature of the spell casted, caster's INT will be compared to the target's MND or INT, according to the spell, in order to ajust the resist rate. But some other stats can count too. Depending on the spell you cast, any stat of the target can be compared to the caster's INT or MND, for example the caster's INT with the target's AGI. It's a bit complicated (*laugh*).

7)Will we always be stucked at lvl75 ?

At the beginning, we planned to progressively reach the level cap to 200 or more, but finally the team worked on the merit point system and the lvl 75 seemed like a good one to put this thing in. They won't be any increase about lvl max in the future.

----------

Besides all those questions, some informations came out during the interview. We learned, for example, that two new avatars will be released soon, but they didn't want to give any name. We just now that they'll be tall and will come out in 2009.

[...]

At the end, the Dev Team is aware that since the level sync is released, there is a lot of problems with skills up. They think about finding solutions, like speeding up the skills up, for example, but also with M.M.M, wich will allow skills up.
    Sorry again for the lack of english skill, but I hope you'll enjoy it. Tall avatar are coming !

Quote Originally Posted by Gregou View Post
    5) What's the link between magic accuracy and INT/MND in when you calculate resist rates ?

To start, INT has no effect on damage reduction during a resist. About resist rates, all depends on the nature of the spell casted, caster's INT will be compared to the target's MND or INT, according to the spell, in order to ajust the resist rate. But some other stats can count too. Depending on the spell you cast, any stat of the target can be compared to the caster's INT or MND, for example the caster's INT with the target's AGI. It's a bit complicated (*laugh*).
    I KNEW IT.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Sorry again for the lack of english skill, but I hope you'll enjoy it. Tall avatar are coming !
    Hahaha. Thanks for the interview too.

To add more fuel to fire, I instantly thought of:

http://www.finalfantasytr.com/ff8/jumbocactuar.jpg

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by TheStig View Post

Good heavens, that would be so much awesome.

My translation for the other questions:

2. The Colosseum isn't always open. You mentioned the possibility of really big fights in there. When are you going to add this?

When we first thought up the Colosseum, we wanted it to have several functions, so we added it to the game, but we haven't finished working on it yet, and it will be available in time.

4. You mentioned updating jobs like Ninja, Thief, Red Mage... what happened? Did you give up on that?

You can expect updates for certain jobs, yes. There won't be any in the December update, but if everything goes according to plan, they should be in the following update. We're aware that some jobs, like White Mage, need updating to be balanced now.

6: Would it be possible to seperate the language choices for game terms and story, so you could play in english but watch cutscenes in french?

It's something we thought about at the start, but our europe team thought it'd be better to have a complete translation for each language. There's no current plans to change that. If you have to, you can change the language according to what you're doing in the game.

Other info:
    Two new avatars, but they didn't want to say which ones. They're big and will appear in 2009.

There may be a european Fan Fest if there's enough demand.

For the new expansions, the devs are working on adding items to reward players for completing the missions they're set.

A spiel from Sundi about how they can't be sure someone's guilty of botting based on chat logs alone.

The devs are aware that with the addition of Level Sync lots of people's weapon skill levels have fallen behind. They're looking at the possibility of increasing the rate of skillup slightly (it just says skillup, I'm not sure whether it means only for weapons or for all skills) but also alleviating the problem through the addition of MMM.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

7)Will we always be stucked at lvl75 ?

At the beginning, we planned to progressively reach the level cap to 200 or more, but finally the team worked on the merit point system and the lvl 75 seemed like a good one to put this thing in. They won't be any increase about lvl max in the future.

Why do people keep asking this? This has been covered, and recovered SO many times...

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeh, I was about to say those questions look very familiar..

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

needs moar Merit increases!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arista Flora
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yeh, I was about to say those questions look very familiar..
    Allakhazam chick(Piko?) posted this interview a while back, but nice to have another translation for the french m.acc question(Tho still unclear).

Depending on the spell you cast, any stat of the target can be compared to the caster's INT or MND, for example the caster's INT with the target's AGI.
    wtf

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Maybe Elemental DoTs or ABsorbs factor player's INT vs Target's STR/VIT/MND/AGI etc..

or maybe Gravity is INT vs AGI since Gravity lowers running speed and evasion? Mobs with high agi also tend to be ones that are aligned to Wind elements though...

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

God I wasn't willing to create some kind of fight about a date format... It was my first post and I didn't really think about that but you're crazy discussing about something soooo important seriously...
    HI, you must be new to BG, people find anything to bitch about, welcome

And on topic to the invterview, the Int vs. Agi for gravity actually does make sense a little bit, atleast to me >_>... Maybe today I will go out and test it before work

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Guyverarmor View Post
    HI, you must be new to BG, people find anything to bitch about, welcome

And on topic to the invterview, the Int vs. Agi for gravity actually does make sense a little bit, atleast to me >_>... Maybe today I will go out and test it before work
    It's probably the absorb spells. INT vs whatever stat you're trying to take.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

dont forget choke/burn/frost

New Merits
    BG Level

This interview is partly trasncribed in the one linked in this thread:
    http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/ffxi-...ranscript.html

Still doesn't hurt to hear more, though thanks.

MOST RAD.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pupuru Puru
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I was reading through and was ready for the next page. Clicked next page and was back to the first!

I thought the thing on the dates was informative.

They didn't say anything about the magic accuracy stat though.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

I moved all the derail about time format.
    You guys have stooped down that low that where there weren't many things to bitch about in his argument, you had to bitch about date format and then re-edit his topic title to change it FOR AMERUKANZ because it seems clearly you guys can't understand anything unless presented in your own terms.

This is not up for discussion , if you want to continue bitching about how one country uses it's date/time, feel free to make a topic in General or Spam boards.

A. Body
    BG Level

Interesting, really odd news, yo.

Tottenham 'til I die
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TheStig View Post

God yes.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Go Kuno/Rocl, keep deleting valid posts. That's what you're good at after all, concealing the truth.