Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Mythic Weapon Information (Page1 - hot new info!)

First of all, I apologize for making a new thread to post the following information. However, a first Mythic weapon (that we know of) across all servers, by an NA player no less, marks a joyous occasion and I thought it warranted a new BG Advanced Thread™ ^^;

Without further ado:

The Quest

• After completing all of the requirements put forth by Paparoon, click on him one more time for a CS. Obtain key item: 'Paparoon's sealed invitation.'
    • Now head to Whitegate and click on the palace door for the next CS. Obtain 1 Imperial Gold Piece and your base mythic weapon with no stats.
    • Next, head to the cemetery in Caedarva Mire (near the testing grounds) and locate Seaprince's Tombstone. Trade Tinnin's Fang, Sarameya's Hide, and Tyger's Tail to the tomestone. This will trigger a CS and you will obtain the key item: 'Serpentking Zahak Relief.'
    • Now, prepare yourself for battle and head to Nyzul Isle. Click on the door and choose 'Forging a New Myth' and you will enter the battlefield. Upon winning, you will obtain the key item: "Serpentking Zahak Relief Shard."
    • Make your way back to the Seaprince's tombstone and click on it for another CS. After the CS is over, unequip your weapon and trade it to the tombstone. You will now obtain the fully unlocked mythic weapon.
    • Return to Whitegate and click on the palace door after unequipping your weapon/armor for a CS.
    • Finally, speak to Abquhbah for the final CS which completes the quest "Coming Full Circle" and obtain 3 Imperial Silver Pieces.

The Battle

As I mentioned in the other mythic weapons thread, the battle against Balrahn is very simple. Simply fight Zahak until it depops then fight Balrahn. While fighting Balrahn, perform 3 mythic weaponskills at 100/200/300% TP and the fight ends at that point. I went into the fight with plenty of medication and preparation but could have won the fight with 0 preparation. *see video*

The Aftermath!...

The part you've all been waiting for. I've only done preliminary tests, but here is what I found so far.

• The Aftermath effect lasts for 60/90/120 seconds for Lv1/2/3 respectively.
    • Lv1 receives an Accuracy bonus. (unsure how much, will test further)
    • Lv2 receives an Attack bonus. (20~60 ATK I believe, will need to test further - 299TP gave me 347ATK > 406ATK)
    • Lv3 receives a Double Attack bonus. (pretty high double attack rate, like Joyeuse)
    • The bonus for each level is unique and will NOT combine with other bonuses.
    • The accuracy and attack bonus varies depending on the amount of TP beyond the 100 and 200% mark.
    • You can progress from Lv1 to Lv2 and from Lv2 to Lv3 by performing the mythic WS with enough TP for the next level. -- Meaning, 100tp WS > Lv1 AM > 200tp WS > Lv2 AM > 300tp WS > Lv3 AM.
    • You can refresh/overwrite Lv1 Aftermath by performing a 100~199TP WS. However, Lv2 and Lv3 AM cannot be renewed.
    • Atonement damage is the same; there were no damage enhancements. (I think..)

"Reduces enmity decrease when taking physical damage."

Worked with Kaeko to find out how it works >
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeko
    Long story short, it's a -10% enmity decrease when taking physical damage. Not surprising I guess since the other 2 stats are 10s.

In more layman's terms, you can think of it in 2 ways...

1) It's like having a LVL2 Foe Sirvente constantly on you.
    2) Game will calculate your enmity loss as if you had 11% more HP than you actually do.

So... from initial testing, I would have to say that mythic weapons are not very meripo-friendly since you only get 1 bonus at any given AM level and the AM is not renewable like the relic weapons. As stated earlier, I've only done preliminary tests thus far, and I could be overlooking something. I will update if I find any more details.

Meanwhile, I made a little video of the quest/fight I was able to complete so far. Hope you enjoy it!

Forging a New Myth

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Sounds like a big fat waste of time/money/effort. All that to choose a bonus? Nothnx

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Hmm, the aftermath is a huge letdown if it works like this for every relic. It's not terrible, but having to save 300 tp is going to to hurt DD a lot, and spamming at 100 won't give much benefit either considering your accuracy should be capped.

I hope it's a Burtang only thing, because that sword is already awesome without the aftermath.

[edit]
    And grats on the epeen+1.

Holy fuck me lolfail.

Jesus christ.

No words can express.

No DA bonus, NO attack bonus, NO acc bonus (at the same time). So you have to basically storeTP till 300 to get the same attack rate as joyease... which would hurt your DoT..

Fuck that, fuck this, fuck SE.

So basically if you are going to use atonement at 100tp (like you should over the course of a fight), this is a slight emnity boost sword with a bit of survivability and nothing else. Fuck you SE, Fuck you.

Fucking wow. God fucking damnit.

MYTHICS FAIL, FUCK YOU SE

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

lol bring back that excalibur thread, burtgang will be way better than excal for DD, etc. etc.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

so maybe they weren't lying when they said RoZ will still be the more powerful (DD wise) for the most part lol?

Come on guys we need to be more angry and outraged so SE will learn it's lesson.

Fail mythic for 10x the effort of a relic is fail.

Really though, I don't know whether to laugh or cry. This is ridiculous.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wow that's kind of shitty. This super sucks for the mage relics since they were already shitty.

damn I was thinking you got all 3 bonus as aftermath together.. They need to lower the requirements for mythics..

Aftermath: Increases Acc./Atk.
    Occasionally attacks twice
    More like

Aftermath: Increases Acc. OR Atk. OR Occasionally attacks twice

SE: "sorry we ran out of room on the item description box, were you expecting something else?"

Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra View Post
    Holy fuck me lolfail.

Jesus christ.

No words can express.

No DA bonus, NO attack bonus, NO acc bonus (at the same time). So you have to basically storeTP till 300 to get the same attack rate as joyease... which would hurt your DoT..

Fuck that, fuck this, fuck SE.

So basically if you are going to use atonement at 100tp (like you should over the course of a fight), this is a slight emnity boost sword with a bit of survivability and nothing else. Fuck you SE, Fuck you.

Fucking wow. God fucking damnit.

MYTHICS FAIL, FUCK YOU SE

gooooooo exca

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

On the bright side, alexandrite price might drop to a reasonable level now. I'm still completing mine for the sake of epeen, which is what truly matter in this game.

How did no one notice this at fanfest?

How did no one notice their aftermath didnt stack when they were spamming TPs?

Please tell me this is a cruel joke that jackyl is playing in order to lower the price of alex so they can buy more cheaply. PLEASE tell me that.

I could have sworn people at fanfest were getting at least double attack and an attack bonus after 100 TP. Maybe they made some last minute changes when they implemented the final versions of the weapons.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

So Jackyl, if I'm reading correctly in regards to the mythics where they say "Aftermath : Acc/Attack bonus | Occasionally attacks 2-3 times" - they're not natively there automatically after you use a WS (with the aftermath icon) , you have to "pick and choose" which of the acc or attack bonus you'd like?

Thanks for infos.

If this is the case, then the BRD one is still a great weapon to wear while singing party buffs.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

At this point I am going to say thank you for all your work Jackyl...

A. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno View Post
    Wow that's kind of shitty. This super sucks for the mage relics since they were already shitty.
    Actually, they're not as bad off, considering the DA will always be level 3 and you'll never want to go beyond lvl 2 (Macc or Mab.)

Thing is, during the Fanfest tests, the GA users noticed the att bonus along with the DA bonus. It may have been zerk and they failed to say it was up, but maybe not all AMs are created equal. Maybe Burtgang had the melee parts purposefully fucked so it wouldn't be as broken. Incidentally, cry more. It's still an amazing weapon and the best PLD sword by a mile.

They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    BG Level

Call a GM and say it's glitching... Not like they'll be able to call you on it.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

You always pick the best music Jack.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Where's that "fuck you buddy" troll pic when you need it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast