+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Haste Samba Tests     submit to reddit submit to twitter

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Haste Samba Tests

Finalli got around to testing Haste Samba. Thanks to Saitohajime for sitting /w me in Kuftal and hitting crabs for the better part of half an hour.

Note: Saito is 75 DNC /w 2 merits in Haste Samba~

Test 1: Is Haste Samba Magic?

75DRK /w Apoc(513 Delay)
    SV'd Marches + Haste Spell Only (43.75%)

7 Hits - 6 Attack Rounds
    ~254 Delay = ~50.5% Haste
    50.5% - 43.75% = ~6.7% Extra Haste

This test confirms that Haste Samba is working on top of the Magic Haste Cap.

Test 2: Is Haste Samba JA Haste?

75DRK /w Apoc(513 Delay)
    Hasso + Last Resort(Lv 5 DB) + Haste Only (~39.65%)

6 Hits - 5 Attack Rounds
    ~313.6 Delay = ~38.87% Haste
    39.65% - 38.87% = ~.78% Haste

There's a bit of extra haste... In my opinion this is just margin of error. I feel strongly this is proof that Haste Samba is considered JA Haste.

Test 3: Combining Hastes~

75DRK /w Apoc(513 Delay)
    Hasso + Haste + 20% in Eq Only (44.24% Haste)
    102/1024 + 150/1024 + 201/1024 = (44.24% Haste)

6 Hits - 5 Attack Rounds
    ~253.6 Delay = ~50.57% Haste
    50.57% - 44.24% = ~6.33% Haste

I only did these three tests, and while they're subject to some amount of error I feel the results are clear. Although more tests would provide a more accurate number it seems likely the following is true:

Haste Samba is 50/1024
    Each Haste Samba Merit is 10/1024
    Haste Samba is JA Haste

Since Saito had 2 merits, this would be 70/1024 = 6.84% JA Haste. Which works nicely with my experiments.

I think the reason there is extra haste in Test 2, is that JA Haste might cap closer to 250/1024 instead of a hard 25%(256/1024). This is just speculation though.

EDIT: Just thought I would add this to make a meaningful discussion~

Haste Samba is the only JA Haste 1Hers can get. MNKs NINs etc... can now go above the Eq/Magic Cap and almost reach the hard cap themselves.

This also means that if you use Souleater + Kraken, you can reach ~78.5% Haste. (Supposedly Bloodweapon doesn't stack /w Samba =x.) Thats intense!

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Awesome info. Kirschy delivers again! <3

Thorshammer

well done^^

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

can we get Kirschy a haste icon or title.. something.

btw,thought of you Kirsch during a recent Nyzul, we got Concentration and had to pop my hydra tights for triple haste icon pinkness. ^__^

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kirschy View Post
    s.

This also means that if you use Souleater + Kraken, you can reach ~78.5% Haste. (Supposedly Bloodweapon doesn't stack /w Samba =x.) Thats intense!
    Thanks for finally putting to rest what type of haste Haste Samba is. Awesome info. Unfortunately, it still doesn't fix the fact that Sambas are considered an add effect and don't work with blood weapon on. ;;

So the question I'm wondering now, is this:

Does a dancer with max Haste Samba deserve a spot at birds in this setup:

DRK(/sam in this case) COR DNC BRD BRD RDM?

Basically, can the dancer put up as much as a /NIN mkris/joy/max merit Corsair?

Songs: March x2, Min, Mad
    Rolls: Chaos, Samurai

10% extra haste to attacks is kinda insane and might push it over the top...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsu Kiyome
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync View Post
    So the question I'm wondering now, is this:

Does a dancer with max Haste Samba deserve a spot at birds in this setup:

DRK(/sam in this case) COR DNC BRD BRD RDM?

Basically, can the dancer put up as much as a /NIN mkris/joy/max merit Corsair?

Songs: March x2, Min, Mad
    Rolls: Chaos, Samurai

10% extra haste to attacks is kinda insane and might push it over the top...
    I'm also very interested in this. I very much like playing DNC and I would like to see some reason to actually merit it/use it.

Any data that suggests this job is useful is good news to me, as it is imo the most fun job I have leveled. I thank you very much.

*Cough*Corsair's Roll*Cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Tsutsumiko View Post
    I'm also very interested in this. I very much like playing DNC and I would like to see some reason to actually merit it/use it.

Any data that suggests this job is useful is good news to me, as it is imo the most fun job I have leveled. I thank you very much.
    Also, with that kind of a setup, vs. your DRK COR COR BRD BRD RDM, you could go with something crazy like... DRK THF COR DNC BRD BRD.... plenty of possibilities, lulz

Cough cough, corsair's roll? You think it's that important?

lol, yeah, it helps a lot, but if you can get birds from the middle and bottom and no other PTs are there, Samurai roll increases your kill speed more than 12-15%.

I also felt the need to add that the DRK thread basically ruined all your credibility, so don't even try to comment on things Corsair, you haven't ever probably partied with a good one of those either, and certain that you haven't even done it yourself.

Credibility? One of my opening statements explicitly said that I had no credibility in the matter. I'm not a Dark Knight. Hell, the closest I come to actively 'playing' a melee job is whipping out the Blau, the Joy, and going to town with some imps.

But I do find it amusing that you would comment on my contributions to that thread in lieu of the masses of awful players who actually embarrass the job, rather than just theorycraft about it on a forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuko_Asura View Post
    Credibility? One of my opening statements explicitly said that I had no credibility in the matter. I'm not a Dark Knight. Hell, the closest I come to actively 'playing' a melee job is whipping out the Blau, the Joy, and going to town with some imps.

But I do find it amusing that you would comment on my contributions to that thread in lieu of the masses of awful players who actually embarrass the job, rather than just theorycraft about it on a forum.
    Your contributions to the thread were exactly nil because you had no credibility to make those kinds of statements, so please gtfo.

Your ideas and thoughts fail and are due to you thinking that you have enough information, and experience, although hardly ever experiencing any of it first hand. Once you've tried it yourself, or seen someone with the correct gear/merits/playskill do it, come back and talk.

Ok, so Haste Samba? Anyone ever tried it with that kind of a setup and full merits yet?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsu Kiyome
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Your contributions to the thread were exactly nil because you had no credibility to make those kinds of statements, so please gtfo.

Your ideas and thoughts fail and are due to you thinking that you have enough information, and experience, although hardly ever experiencing any of it first hand. Once you've tried it yourself, or seen someone with the correct gear/merits/playskill do it, come back and talk.

Ok, so Haste Samba? Anyone ever tried it with that kind of a setup and full merits yet?
    I'm supposed to merit tonight on MNK. If I can get the last few merits I need to max Haste Samba, I'll test it myself. Get back to you on that.

The problem is actually getting said party together though cause everyone bails once they see "lolDNC." (Also cause I only know 1 really good COR on Carbuncle. Everyone else is just average or "bleh.")

Quote Originally Posted by Tsutsumiko View Post
    I'm supposed to merit tonight on MNK. If I can get the last few merits I need to max Haste Samba, I'll test it myself. Get back to you on that.

The problem is actually getting said party together though cause everyone bails once they see "lolDNC." (Also cause I only know 1 really good COR on Carbuncle. Everyone else is just average or "bleh.")
    I feel your pain. There's only one Corsair on Asura worth meriting with. :/

Old Merits
    BG Level

Cough cough, corsair's roll? You think it's that important?

lol, yeah, it helps a lot, but if you can get birds from the middle and bottom and no other PTs are there, Samurai roll increases your kill speed more than 12-15%.
    That's a pretty big if.

Don't question him, he has experience.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yeah, I was going to say chances are of getting middle+bottom are pretty slim unless the other 3 parties competing for pops are all simultanously afk taking shits for 10min.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuko_Asura View Post
    I feel your pain. There's only one Corsair on Asura worth meriting with. :/
    There's plenty more than 1.

Anyway I wouldn't wanna take DRK DNC COR RDM BRD BRD, too much support and 1.7 melee. I'd rather replace the other brd with a THF or DRG.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik View Post

Anyway I wouldn't wanna take DRK DNC COR RDM BRD BRD, too much support and 1.7 melee. I'd rather replace the other brd with a THF or DRG.
    Names please? :[

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsu Kiyome
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik View Post

DRG for sure. Not a fan of using THF's in merits unless they're using Mandau (which I know applies to you). A well geared 2 Handed Piercer is going to fair far better than a well geared 1 Handed Piercer with the way things are now on lolibri.

But yes, I agree with you that having 4 support is a bit too much. RDM, COR, BRD usually is the max I'm willing to go with on support unless the other job is DNC.

What do I know though? I usually merit with SAM x2 (or WAR x 2) MNK COR BRD RDM. -_O;;

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

I had a question about haste samba. How long does it last? Does it go hit by hit basis? So lets say you hit it, your next round is instantly reduced by X amount. Lets say you miss. Do you lose the effect until you land another hit? Or is it time based (You have x amount of time to hit again before it wears)