Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    THAT MACHINE IS NOT A SIR, YOU HAVE TO CALL IT "MR. MACHINE"
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Job Adjustments and Additions: Part II (10/21/2009)

Part II of our job adjustments and additions preview invites to center stage beastmasters and summoners, Vana'diel's wielders of animalistic and avatarial might!

Summoner

A new ability will be added for summoners, and with it, a brand new way for these masters of forbidden magic to lend their powers to party battles.

Avatar's Favor (Lv.55 Recast Time: 5 minutes Duration: 2 hours)
    Channels the avatar's power towards a beneficial status effect for party members within range. Reduces perpetuation cost while active.

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/4303/49753.jpg

By summoning an avatar while this ability is active, a corresponding beneficial effect from above table will be granted to all party members within range of the avatar. The effect's potency will gradually increase until the avatar is released, and at its peak, can be expected to reach levels equal to those granted by the corsair's lucky number roll.
    While multiple favors of the same variety will not be stackable, a single party can benefit from as many types as there are summoners. Furthermore, enhancements received through this ability can be used in conjunction with those received via magic spells, songs, the Phantom Roll ability, and so forth.

Beastmaster

Adjustments and additions have been scheduled that will greatly enhance the effectiveness of pets called forth via the "Call Beast" ability.

- New Pet Command: "Ready"
    When in control of a pet called forth via the "Call Beast" ability, the pet command "Sic" will be replaced with "Ready." By fulfilling the following conditions, "Ready" will allow you to select a specific ability for the pet to use from its arsenal.
    * The pet's TP is at 100% or more.
    * Sufficient charges have accumulated for the ability you wish to use.

- Charges
    Regardless of the beastmaster's level, one charge will accumulate for every two minutes after a pet has been called, up to a maximum of three. The amount of charges required will vary depending on ability.

Example: Funguar Familiar

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/3254/49758.jpg

We will continue to observe the beastmaster job following the release of the November version update, and as necessary, make adjustments to special abilities and calling items for each pet.

THAT MACHINE IS NOT A SIR, YOU HAVE TO CALL IT "MR. MACHINE"
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

in before summoners crapping their pants because it's still not another new avatar

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Bwahahahahaha, it's a 2in1 as expected!!!

well techically a new Avatar isnt a job adjustment because it usually involves a BCNM battle for all players and such.
    new Avatar buffs look nice but... Fenrir one feels quite terrible and with Carby it'd the most accessible one, unless next patch shall introduce some more perp cost items.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Heh, I also remember how SMNs saying if they're to be support they should get something like this <.<

It's not new avatars but honestly if SMNs bitch they truly believed new Avatars would "fix their job".

Also in before "This won't make parties choose us over COR/BRD" since you KNOW that's coming.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

They need to address what will become of the Mythic Axe now, if it ever gets completed =p

Alkar

New avatars are always announced at the very end. Diabolos was actually announced the same day of the update in 2005.
    Also this new ability reduces perpetuation cost on its own so I'm quite sure that all avatars will be free at 75 (or super cheap) with the proper gear you can get.
    These are great updates for both jobs imo, BST could use something more than that but it's a step in the right direction and Diabolos is now a BLM's best friend. Shiva too I guess but Diabolos has Refresh+ MAB in one package.
    Hopefully the bonuses apply to the avatars as well.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tomino View Post
    well techically a new Avatar isnt a job adjustment because it usually involves a BCNM battle for all players and such.
    new Avatar buffs look nice but... Fenrir one feels quite terrible and with Carby it'd the most accessible one, unless next patch shall introduce some more perp cost items.
    Yes, it is a job adjustment
    "Avatar's Favor (Lv.55 Recast Time: 5 minutes Duration: 2 hours)"
    See, they got a new job ability.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Summoner update looks neat. I wonder what the base potency will be, and how long it's necessary to leave the avatar out for it to increase (and by how much..)

From the description, it sounds like you can just activate the ability, then summon/release all the avatars to give the buffs to the party. What they don't address is, how long will the buff last? I think having them last as long as the ability would be too good to be true >.>

and lol at both jobs in one single update

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Tomino View Post
    Considering it says it can be as potent as a COR lucky roll, how does 3+mp/tic feel terrible? Especially with Magic Evasion, aren't there some fights where SMN is almost always used? Magic Evasion is basically Magic Defense, is it not?

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

The BST update seems rather nice, but summoners get shafted once again... Hey could have been worse, but who knows what ninja tweeks they'll throw into the update. Perhaps astral flow will get fucked.

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

BST looks decent, hopefully they keep adding a little more in the near future. As for summoner, whatever.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    The BST update seems rather nice, but summoners get shafted once again... Hey could have been worse, but who knows what ninja tweeks they'll throw into the update. Perhaps astral flow will get fucked.
    How did SMN get shafted? Better not involve the phrase "new avatars."

Am I the only person seeing the potential in the new SMN JA? @_@

Did SE just turn SMN into a new refresh job? Can easily take the last spot in tank party since Diabolos's Favor stacks with refresh, can put SMN in BLM party too. Looks like SMN will be getting free Diabolos too. Unfortunately they will have to dismiss avatar in order to use Elemental siphon.

I joked about BST getting Sic II in the other thread. Too bad Ready is charge based, 1000 needles is likely to consume 3 charges which means 1k guaranteed damage every 6 mins, and Amigo only lasts 20 mins >.> Hopefully BST can still use Sic to force jugpet to use random TP moves, otherwise it will be a huge letdown.

Looks like SE have just added a new method which allows players to oneshot any NM with fewer than 18k HP.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by EdgeMoragan View Post
    Am I the only person seeing the potential in the new SMN JA? @_@
    No.

Depending on how the ability actually works, it could either be "hey that's pretty cool" or nearly completely useless.

At the very least, reduced perpetuation and self-refresh seem like summoner soloing may have just gotten a lot easier.

Alkar

I guess the potential of free avatars at 75 and good buffs on top of that are not enough.
    And before you go the pessimistic route take a look at Composure... considered crap from the update notes and when implemented it tripled the duration of buffs.
    Avatars are still a possibility anyway, they won't reveal them this soon.

Seriously, bst update fucking sucks. Go go 6 minutes of not able to use a tp attack just to do something decent on some jugpets, and no option of being able to do random sic instead if you want that instead.

And smn update rocks.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Taruking View Post
    Did SE just turn SMN into a new refresh job? Can easily take the last spot in tank party since Diabolos's Favor stacks with refresh, can put SMN in BLM party too. Looks like SMN will be getting free Diabolos too. Unfortunately they will have to dismiss avatar in order to use Elemental siphon.

I joked about BST getting Sic II in the other thread. Too bad Ready is charge based, 1000 needles is likely to consume 3 charges which means 1k guaranteed damage every 6 mins, and Amigo only lasts 20 mins >.> Hopefully BST can still use Sic to force jugpet to use random TP moves, otherwise it will be a huge letdown.

Looks like SE have just added a new method which allows players to oneshot any NM with fewer than 18k HP.
    New secret to killing AV: 60~70 BSTs? lolz (Sorry, I don't keep track with the AV thread and don't remember/really care how much HP he has)

They look nice, but are they practical?

The aura's for smn are definitely a step in the right direction but, would you give up a place to have a smn with Ifrit in your party for a melee DD party? Similarly for a Shiva or Diabolos in a mage party. I personally don't think this scales well for large group events, but for small groups the idea is great.

However, for bst, I'm really not happy with that one...

Sic recast is 2 mins normally unmerited (1 min 40 sec fully merited) and basically this is forcing you to hold your Pet TP to get a better move. What happens when you use Sic and the pet doesn't have TP or charges, and then what happens when your pet reaches 100TP without a charge available? Will the move be random again? How does this affect Hecteye mobs which cast magic when they have no TP and you use sic (do stored charges have an effect, etc)? I'll admit for somewhere like dynamis, this may allow a bst to make more use of his/her pet depending on what TP moves are available for a given number of stored charges, but even then it's really not much of an impact and certainly not something that address the problem of bst having a use specific function in a party bar generic DD.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast