Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Goodbye present - how to kill AV (before it's patched)

Well, the road has come to an end. My character's destiny will be decided by an account reviser and the outcome will be told in 72 hours, but it's not like it annoys me or anything (the only thing I regret is not selling off). I was asking for it.

Anyway, since I've been reading all this stuff about AV, I thought I'd share this with you guys, it's something you can do before it's patched in order to defeat Absolute Virtue - and any other mob in the game.

This "strategy" has been proposed in the AV thread, but it was promptly discarded as it sounded too far-fetched. Let me tell you, whoever mentioned it hit the nail on the head. A very well know poster in here, someone who has basically made this game a ton easier for most of us, was the one to come up with this idea. He shall remain anonymus, as I have not spoken to him myself yet.

This strategy needs Scholars. Lots of Scholars. Our group was going to do it with 10 SCHs, to be precise. The idea is very simple: Helix DoT is based on the starting damage; Modus Veritas ability enhances the damage of the DoT but it reduces the duration significantly; so, what happens if you stack a fuckton of MV on a potent Helix? That's right, you're looking at 70k/tic damage with 9 SCHs assuming a base Helix damage of 128 if my math aren't too off.

This strategy sounds very easy in paper, but trust me we spent countless hours testing it. The objective is that everyone lands their MV at the same time, just so the DoT gets multiplied, but it needs a very very precise timing in order for the tic to actually go off (obviously if you stack enough MVs you may end up doing nothing to the mob, as Helix will wear off before the tic even occurs). That's why all the SCHs need Modus Veritas merits maxed out; Modus Veritas with max merits will reduce the remaining time of a Helix spell by 75% instead of by 50%, thus making Helix last just long enough for the tic to go off.

Every monster of the same type in a zone has the same "inner clock" for Helix tics. You have to test beforehand at what time do tics occur; the best option is to use Helix on a mob, and use /clock to time when do tics occur. It's easy to know when AV's happen, cause you only gotta ninja in when a LS is fighting JoL and run a quick test.

Our group fell appart, mainly because three people (who comprised a total of 5 characters) had to quit, and now myself and someone else are probably permanently banned. We never got around to doing this against AV himself; however, we DID run multiple tests on various mobs, and we tested Helix damage on AV (and got very nice results).

I'm not gonna lie, this shit is VERY hard to pull off. We never got it down to a science with 10 SCHs, but we did with 9. For 9 SCHs to be able to one-shot AV you need a base damage of 127-129 on Helix, which is not too hard to achieve. Your helixer needs top of the line gear, to sub BLM, use ES and Ebullience; also needs INT potion, SV INT Etudes and preferably as much support as possible in order to enhance initial Helix damage.

Here you have a video to prove that this is not bullshit. In the video we one-shot an Om'yovra, and you can pretty much see how we do it. We used OnEvent (Nugzkraka didn't, though, but he never failed) to time our MVs. As you'll notice, Cair is our Helixer, and we go at his call.

Video: YouTube - Modus Veritas Exploit

Take this information and use it however the fuck you please. I'm tired of seeing AV going unkilled because SE are a bunch of faggots. If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask them, and I'll see what I can do.

Seedz.

Edit: No, we did not get banned for this.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Posting in the best thread since Jan. 22

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Gurubashi

LOL Oh sweet jesus

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Well the thing about OnEvent is..lol

Couldn't you rig something with AutoExec and windower to get everyone to go at the same time?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Gurubashi

Who's going to be the first to try it? This is very interesting.

Shadow of the House of Weave
    BG Level

Wasn't this pretty much theorized already? I'm hazy on the entire AV thread history but I feel like I've read this before.

Sounds veeeeeeeery interesting.
    Would like to see someone try. Like properly

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Aw great incoming emergency maint...

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Overburn View Post
    Wasn't this pretty much theorized already? I'm hazy on the entire AV thread history but I feel like I've read this before.
    He said someone else suggested it in the OP.

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

oshi-

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I think it was dismissed as soon as it was suggested.

Watched the video. Jaw dropped. Wowzers.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

A top notch SCH/BLM with SV INT songs, INT potion, COR BLM roll, SMN MAB BP can probably pull off a 130~ helix on AV, we just didn't have enough mules to get that much support.

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I have to admit though, this is like the tenth time I've heard superstacking MV mentioned... only the second time in reference to AV, but still. I honestly assumed it had been tested and discarded >_>

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

orly

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Oh god, I had no idea MV stacks. Any time you can get exponential damage is rape! Inc cap on MV!

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Haha I thought about doing this but we don't have too many scholars. So awesome.

Fucking epic lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast