Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Spell interruption down cap and Aquaveil Tests

This thread extends the information on spell interruption found here

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/73637...questions.html

Summary

-Spell interruption down from merit/gear/spells caps at 102% (probably 1024/1024)
    -Aquaveil gives -25% (probably 256/1024)

remark

Because of the 102% cap, 75% from gear/merit is not enough to cap spell interruption with aquaveil. You need 77% +.

Testing methods

-Aggro 3 different chigoes in cadaerva mire.
    -Cast spells (Stoneskin and Utsusemi : Ichi only were used) and note down the number of interrupts and the number of non interrupts.
    -Due to the nature of chigoes, you will get hit on average 6-9 times during each spell.
    -Since it is possible to cap spell interruption, getting just one interruption means that you are below the cap.
    -Since you get hit 6-9 times per spell, not getting interrupted on 50-100 spells means you are very likely at cap

Data

format : Spell(spell interruption%,with aquaveil or without aquaveil) : # of non interrupts / # of interrupts

Stoneskin(76% + aquaveil) : 17 / 6
    Stoneskin(77% + aquaveil) : 100/0
    Stoneskin(78% + aquaveil) : 40/0

Utsusemi(76% + aquaveil) : 4/2
    Utsusemi(77% + aquaveil) : 28/0
    Utsusemi(78% + aquaveil) : 57/0

Utsusemi(98% + no aquaveil) : 2/2
    Utsusemi(99% + no aquaveil) : 9/2
    Utsusemi(100% + no aquaveil): 55/3
    Utsusemi(101% + no aquaveil): 7/4
    Utsusemi(102% + no aquaveil): 92/0

comments

The first 3 tests clearly show that aquaveil + 77% spell int. puts you exactly at cap. I found it weird that aquaveil was 23%, it's not a "round" number. I first thought that the 23% is the total of aquaveil + whatever you get from spell's skill, but then I did accurate test without aquaveil, and found that 100% didn't cap you (this was reported by suiram), and that you need 102% to cap.

The clear conclusion is that aquaveil is 25% (regardless of the spell used) and that the cap is 102%. Since it's 102 and not 100 I guess spell interruption is just counted as fraction of 1024, and aquaveil gives 256 or 250/1024.

The other conclusion is that if you rely on aquaveil to cap, you only need 77% from gear/merits. That is really easily done on many jobs.

These tests also show that the base skill doesn't provide extra spell interruption.

Interesting, glad this got worked out. What gear did you use for each of the %s (and do you have merits?)

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

Quote Originally Posted by pchan View Post
    The clear conclusion is that aquaveil is 25% (regardless of the spell used) and that the cap is 102%. Since it's 102 and not 100 I guess spell interruption is just counted as fraction of 1024, and aquaveil gives 256 or 250/1024.
    Nice test, but I don't necessarily agree with your conclusion here. There is apparently either some margin of error in the % descriptions on items/JAs/merits referring to their spell interrupt percentage, or the actual percentage of Aquaveil is not exactly 25% as predicted, or both. I think it is premature to assume that Aquaveil isn't contributing to the '2% error' without further testing.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Sometimes i use Aquaveil GA on SCH/RDM
    And every ppl in PT got it, tank and all

Quote Originally Posted by Suiram View Post
    Interesting, glad this got worked out. What gear did you use for each of the %s (and do you have merits?)
    I do have merits.

I used combinations of :

- 25% clubs x2
    - 10% muse tariqah
    - willpower torque (5%)
    - magnetic (8%)
    - rdm AF1+1 body (12%)
    - rdm AF1 body (10%)
    - 3 belts (10%,6% and 8%)
    - karasutengu (15%)

You can get all the % I listed with that

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Based on what we have seen with % Haste gear and and -% Damage taken gear, the descriptions on gear are not necessarily accurate. Item descriptions frequently overestimate their potency, causing us to get less than advertised.

On rare occasions SE's item description underestimates the potency and we actually get a little more than advertised. I don't know if this exists on any Haste item but I believe it's been shown on some -% Dmg taken items.

I do have merits.

I used combinations of :

- 25% clubs x2
    - 10% muse tariqah
    - willpower torque (5%)
    - magnetic (8%)
    - rdm AF1+1 body (12%)
    - rdm AF1 body (10%)
    - 3 belts (10%,6% and 8%)
    - karasutengu (15%)

You can get all the % I listed with that
    You have all 4 merits? And if you don't mind could you go through anyway and say which you used for each? For instance when you went from 100 to 75 did you remove a wand, or did you remove feet+body, etc.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Utsusemi(100% + no aquaveil): 55/3
    Utsusemi(101% + no aquaveil): 7/4
    Let's just say bad seeding, but this part bother me (if you didnt make a typo)

Anyway, did anyone ever thought of a model that would explain the jump between 99% and 100%. It's not unthinkable if there is 2 check back to back, but I'm curious to see what other factor contribute to interupt (skill level obviously).

And one last thing, is there any use to this. The only thing I can think is raise on whm

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    Let's just say bad seeding, but this part bother me (if you didnt make a typo)

Anyway, did anyone ever thought of a model that would explain the jump between 99% and 100%. It's not unthinkable if there is 2 check back to back, but I'm curious to see what other factor contribute to interupt (skill level obviously).

And one last thing, is there any use to this. The only thing I can think is raise on whm
    sleeping shit in dynamis on blm cause you don't have good rdms to do it for you! :D

So like what does this do for FFXI? Can a RDM/NIN tank never be interupted on Ichi or Ni in your gear set? Or does that only apply to weak mobs?

Quote Originally Posted by Gergall View Post
    On rare occasions SE's item description underestimates the potency and we actually get a little more than advertised. I don't know if this exists on any Haste item but I believe it's been shown on some -% Dmg taken items.
    Homam legs are over 3% haste

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by aznmajiktaru View Post
    sleeping shit in dynamis on blm cause you don't have good rdms to do it for you! :D
    I thought about it, but sacrificing all the enfeebling gear, staves (need to dual wield wand) will bring you to a level where you can get resisted, and thats not a good option

Also, sleepga is 1min30, so it's easy to time your casting before seeing the message wear off.

It wouldnt be a bad idea to have an interupt macro when you fight weak stuff and get swarmed, but aquaveil is usually not on, and carrying 8 mores pieces is going to make my inventory explode.

You have all 4 merits? And if you don't mind could you go through anyway and say which you used for each? For instance when you went from 100 to 75 did you remove a wand, or did you remove feet+body, etc.
    4/4 merit

102% : dual clubs,torque, earring,NQ body, 6% belt, karasutengu
    101% : dual clubs, earring,NQ body,10% belt,karasutengu
    100%: dual clubs,torque, ,HQ body,10% belt,karasutengu
    99% : dual clubs, , earring,HQ body,6% belt, karasutengu
    98% : dual clubs,torque,earring,HQ body, ,karasutengu

78% : club+shield,torque,earring,HQ body,10% belt,
    77% : club+shield,torque,earring, ,6% belt,karasutengu
    76% : club+shield, ,earring, ,10% belt,karasutengu

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

yea it was more of a joke lol. If you want to be full capped on interruption all the time, you're basically gimping yourself and there's really no reason to do that unless you were playing ballista or something <_>. That said I still like using aquaveil for those rare chances where I'm either duoing enms or something and I get smacked and it still goes through D:.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
    Nice test, but I don't necessarily agree with your conclusion here. There is apparently either some margin of error in the % descriptions on items/JAs/merits referring to their spell interrupt percentage, or the actual percentage of Aquaveil is not exactly 25% as predicted, or both. I think it is premature to assume that Aquaveil isn't contributing to the '2% error' without further testing.
    Seraph is very much correct here. Your conclusions do not follow your observations. The problem is that even if you found the cap, the number directly under the cap would give you 99% uninterrupted casting which is nothing close to what you have observed. This either means your observations do not match reality (always a possibility) or that below the cap there is some difference in the way that interrupts are checked.

The difference between 100% and 99% is far outside of any margin that SE's fractional system would create.

I suspect that there may be another form of correction going on.

Lv.99 Mjollnir
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Um, but wait... am I reading this wrong:

These tests also show that the base skill doesn't provide extra spell interruption.
    That's not right, the fact that skill prevents interruption is obvious to me at least -- if I go WHM/NIN to a crag and cast Ichi through a hit, it's interrupted every time. If I cast Reraise through a hit (or multiple), it's never interrupted.

The cap, and aqua value, are interesting, but I wanna understand the % provided by skill. (I never really figured out a strong way to test this)

I thought about it, but sacrificing all the enfeebling gear
    This is a good example in fact! You might be able to keep your enfeebling+ gear on, unless it's an obvious trade like Avocat Pigaches > AF boots; skill is small, but +12 skill may outweight 5% or 10% interruption...

The main use that comes to mind is a RDM or WHM having an Ichi set, like PLD does. PLDs can use crazy +shield gear to ensure it fires, not worrying so much about cutting recast from gear. Similarly, if RDM or WHM were tanking something where Ichi stands to get interrupted, you could equip 100% (or rather 102%?) and pretend you're the PLD with 400 shield skill.

I wouldn't recommend using it for a WHM's raise, since WHM can get capped/almostcapped recast without Celerity, just from gear/arts, and that seems far more useful to me considering how infrequently I find myself interrupted raising people; I still use Celerity for raises all over the place, but when you're weakened, Celerity no longer maxes you out

EDIT: to clarify the RDM/NIN WHM/NIN bit, my emphasis would be on RDM; whms would struggle to get +10 enmity from gear, unless you're really dedicated and start using augments/expansion items -- plus RDM has fast cast and can therefore fit more -interrupt gear without losing max recast. ... or YAGRUSH TANK, YEAH!

Your 101% gear list adds up to 103%, was it the 8% belt, or the 10% belt with the NQ body?

Your 101% gear list adds up to 103%, was it the 8% belt, or the 10% belt with the NQ body?
    yes NQ body sorry

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    Seraph is very much correct here. Your conclusions do not follow your observations. The problem is that even if you found the cap, the number directly under the cap would give you 99% uninterrupted casting which is nothing close to what you have observed. .
    What ? I don't understand this part. There no statistical test needed to be done to see if you are -not- at cap. If you find just one interrupt it means you are below the cap and don't need to go further.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Starr View Post
    So like what does this do for FFXI? Can a RDM/NIN tank never be interupted on Ichi or Ni in your gear set? Or does that only apply to weak mobs?
    I've seen pchan kite sea jailers like fort, temp, prudence and never be interrupted on stoneskin and ustusemi:ichi. he tried it on jorm for fun too and no interrupts.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast