1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 1 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 58 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -4 hours, -59 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 13 hours, 58 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Translator Needed!!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Translator Needed!!

FFXIV Core is seeking a Japanese translator that has a great deal of interest in FFXIV, will translate often when requested, will be willing to cruise Japanese FFXIV fansites and is excellent at formating, please let me know. Or you may drop a line to Zyuu on the FFXIV Core boards. Much obliged ahead of time!

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Hey guys I'm starting a fan site without any of the knowledge and know-how to get any of the information myself so we need someone to do all the work for us so we can reap the benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    Hey guys I'm starting a fan site without any of the knowledge and know-how to get any of the information myself so we need someone to do all the work for us so we can reap the benefits.
    im in!

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

If you've been keeping up with most of the info that has been coming in (from Gamescom at least)... You would know that FFXIVCore has provided a good deal of it. So consider that before you mock them. >.>

With that said, I would help out if I knew Japanese. You could try asking Elmer but I'm sure hes busy running/updating the ZAM FFXIV page. :/

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    If you've been keeping up with most of the info that has been coming in (from Gamescom at least)... You would know that FFXIVCore has provided a good deal of it. So consider that before you mock them. >.>

With that said, I wish I knew Japanese or I would help out. :/
    Lmao glad I'm not the only one that remembered that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    Or maybe just maybe he is actually a legit fan who actually went to gamecon and he would like to provide information for free for the fans, many fans start their own websites for the games they like even offline games.

If he is in it for the benefits only he can do much better by using his time somewhere else.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Curse sucks

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Do you offer a competitive salary?

EDIT: Ok, in all seriousness if you want some stuff translated, send it to me, and I will try if I have time, but I can't really spend time browsing sites and digging for information w/o compensation because I just don't have the time.

I guess your translator finally came clean with you that he doesn't know Japanese?

He could work those C and V keys like magic, though.

Also, you have a typo there - "cruise" is actually spelled r-i-p-o-f-f.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Elmer the Pointy View Post
    I guess your translator finally came clean with you that he doesn't know Japanese?

Lol. Nevermind what I said above then.

Vuitton

Quote Originally Posted by Elmer the Pointy View Post

rofl, so harsh. i love it! ive never seen Elmer be a bitch before. A++

I'd be a bitch too if it was my stuff being "C"ed.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I love elmer

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Pikko View Post
    I'd be a bitch too if it was my stuff being "C"ed.
    Straight up.

Translating things is most definitely a time-intensive process. Its one thing to read and understand, its another thing to put it into another language.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

This thread just got a ton more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post

With that said, I would help out if I knew Japanese. You could try asking Elmer but I'm sure hes busy running/updating the ZAM FFXIV page. :/
    I am actually very impressed with the Xiv core site so far and the Eorzeapedia site though the Zam Xiv blog makes my script blockers really angry so I need to tweak something.

Poor Elmer he must have no time to himself. Pretty sure Corinth has been busy too. I wonder who SE is going to give the stamp of approval for official XIV premier goodies.

Edit: Wow didn't know Xiv core was poorly translated oh my. Made me wonder how often I trust translations without being able to check the work lol.

FFXIVCore is very impressive. They got all those interviews up so quickly. I mean, how do they do it?! It's like they're ZAM and Eorzeapedia combined.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

brb getting sex change to have Elmer's babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Stowastiq View Post
    I am actually very impressed with the Xiv core site so far and the Eorzeapedia site though the Zam Xiv blog makes my script blockers really angry so I need to tweak something.

Poor Elmer he must have no time to himself. Pretty sure Corinth has been busy too. I wonder who SE is going to give the stamp of approval for official XIV premier goodies.
    I've actually been having some issues with the front page of our site myself. Can you PM me with what exactly is popping up for you? I haven't been able to get the devs to duplicate it so they can fix it.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Well give them some credit, Zyuu did bring us alot of unique information (especially early on before anything really broke) on account of actually being at gamescom.

But yeah, what do you expect. They pretty much just rip everybody else off and don't get much for themselves. It's a fan site, it's all they're capable of.

[edit] And personally, I don't see much of a difference between translating somebody elses interview and rewording someone elses translation. 2nd hand, 3rd hand, neither are original.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast