Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Job Adjustments and Additions Part I (07/03/2009)

Job Adjustments and Additions Part I (07/03/2009)
    http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics.../4666/4666.jpg
    A host of job adjustments and additions are in the pipes for the upcoming version update, including formidable new abilities for ninjas. Other jobs, too, are scheduled to benefit from myriad adjustments to magic and abilities. In this, the first part in the job adjustment series of articles, we cast the spotlight on ninjas, Vana'diel's agents of stealth and deception.

Proceed here to learn how your powers of stealth and assassination might be enhanced!
    A host of job adjustments and additions are in the pipes for the upcoming version update, including formidable new abilities for ninjas. Other jobs, too, are scheduled to benefit from myriad adjustments to magic and abilities. In this, the first part in the job adjustment series of articles, we cast the spotlight on ninjas, Vana'diel's agents of stealth and deception.
    New Job Abilities
    Accomplished in both offense and defense, the art of ninjutsu has over the years proven to be a favorite among adventurers across the land. Now, with the addition of the following two new abilities, ninjas can further enhance either their efficiency in offense or aptitude in defense as befits the situation.

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...666/4666_5.jpg- Yonin (Lv.40 Ability Delay: 5 min. Duration: 5 min.)
    Increases enmity and enhances "ninja tool expertise" effect, but impairs accuracy. Grants a bonus to evasion and critical hit rate when in front of target.

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...666/4666_7.jpg- Innin (Lv.40 Ability Delay: 5 min. Duration: 5 min.)
    Reduces enmity and impairs evasion. Grants a bonus to accuracy, critical hit rate, and ninjutsu damage when striking target from behind.

- Yonin
    Strengthens one's ability to fend off blows from the enemy.
    While in effect, Yonin increases enmity and enhances the effect of "ninja tool expertise" in exchange for reduced accuracy. Further bonuses are granted to evasion and critical hit rate when engaging your target from the front.
    The potency of the above effects gradually decreases over time.

- Innin
    Strengthens one's ability to deal damage to the enemy.
    While in effect, Innin lowers enmity in exchange for reduced evasion. Further bonuses are granted to accuracy, critical hit rate, and ninjutsu damage when striking your target from behind.
    As with Yonin, the potency of the above effects gradually decreases over time.

*Notes
    The effects of both Yonin and Innin are mutually exclusive. Activating one while the other is in effect will result in the nullification of the one originally in effect.
    Yonin and Innin have a shared ability delay. For example, a ninja who uses Yonin must wait for five minutes to elapse before either ability becomes usable again.

In implementing these new abilities, the development team has taken into consideration character positioning during party play and many other factors. To ensure a smooth gaming experience for all, testing and adjustments will be carried out to the fullest extent that time permits.

Mijin Gakure
    Up until now, ninjas who were revived after using the job ability "Mijin Gakure" would find themselves alive and standing, but in a weakened state. The July version update will see self-sacrificing ninjas restored to battle-ready fitness with a generous 50% of HP in the tank.

In light of the above changes, the latent effect granted by the ninja mythic weapon will also be adjusted. In place of the effect whereby users of Mijin Gakure are spared being revived in a weakened state, a special new effect will be introduced that will activate after using Mijin Gakure.

Other magic and job abilities scheduled to be on the receiving end of improvements will be introduced in the very near future, so stay tuned!
    This seemed late today.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Septimus won by a split second.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Holy shit. Time to dig up NIN for this. Could have potential. I bet all NIN tanks are <33ing when they hear this shit.

And lol @ the 2 threads being posted at the exact same time <_<;

Gunitsoldier

Bout facking time

Old Merits
    BG Level

Time to dig up NIN for this
    Bout facking time
    I posted the same in our forum >.<.

I like this. Now I can go NIN to Colibri Merits ;_;.
    Both abilities are definatly usefull and god... finally Mijin Gakure not being
    a free warp only.

New Odin
    BG Level

Pretty effects :Q_

Banned.

BG Level

We heard about NINs getting two abilities(to reduce and increase enmity), but never had any knowledge they would have so many other bonuses.

Concerning jobs mentioned in interviews... What does that leave us with? SMN?

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

lol three topics at once, everyone wants to be first!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raiya Li'aurellia
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Asura

SMN and BLM are really the other 2 jobs needing a major fixing in terms of play (smn) and endurance (Blm). Would be nice to see my BLM actually get proper use outside the flan camp for the 1st time in forever :s

New Odin
    BG Level

I guess if the effects gradually weaken they'll be quite potent the first 1-2mins..

Gunitsoldier

Quote Originally Posted by BRP View Post
    We heard about NINs getting two abilities(to reduce and increase enmity), but never had any knowledge they would have so many other bonuses.

Concerning jobs mentioned in interviews... What does that leave us with? SMN?
    SMN for sure with the avatar but I doubt SMN's getting much besides that, elemental siphon boosted us already.

I'm assuming something for pet jobs and a small boost for BST in general.

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

It's something at least, though you have to question whether an increased rate of enmity buildup and great chances of evasion/Parrying will close the gap between NIN and PLD, and whether increased accuracy and critical hit rate will close the gap between NIN and most other melee jobs. I'd say it's unlikely, but they're still very nice abilities for people that like to use NIN for soloing or low-man stuff especially.

THF >------------------------------< SAM

http://ubuntuforums.org/picture.php?...&pictureid=401

I liek this but holy shit as if trying to WS with Overwhelm up isn't a problem where you have a few DD sharing hate, to stand behind might be harder even.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I am a little worried about the reduced acc when using Yonin.

Nin needs to DD for hate and unless the enmity increase is big enough to more than offset the lack of acc then NIN will have more problems with hate than before.

Shared recast is annoying too, but you can't have it all.

All I can say is, congats SE for finally doing something for nin, now hurry up and say something about BLM

Gunitsoldier

Quote Originally Posted by Starr View Post
    I liek this but holy shit as if trying to WS with Overwhelm up isn't a problem where you have a few DD sharing hate, to stand behind might be harder even.
    SAM & NIN in a PT : SAM has hate cause it's a SAM(short version , don't gimme NIN isn't bad at hate crap) , NIN can DD - less than SAM but still good DD - from behind.

I think it's unfair and stupid to limit NIN with this in front/behind bullshit when they did not do it to Seigan/Hasso on a job much fucking stronger than NIN could ever DD, same with SAM SJ on WAR/DRG/DRK.

Gunitsoldier

I agree but I think it's just SE trying to be original. "If you wanna tank, you stand infront it, but if you don't wanna tank... HEY LETS MAKE IT U HAVE TO FIGHT FROM BEHIND!" It's not bad though , just a brainfart occured when brainstorming for that detail.

The JA's are more than welcome though.

It's not a bad thought to straight tanked mobs or even when you do Dynamis/Limbus and shit where there is a set tank I guess but seriously who does that anymore? You can melee burn both of those and anything with like a WAR for SAM first voker or whatever. I don't mind the limitation on the first ability but the second is just being mean really. I also don't see why the timers are shared when Seigan and Hasso are not, it's just pointless.

Gunitsoldier

That, I did not notice yet. That's pretty lame.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast