Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Campaign Gets Reinforcements! (06/15/2009)

Campaign Gets Reinforcements! (06/15/2009)
    http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics.../4593/4593.jpg
    Brave warriors of the Allied Forces of Altana, heed these words! New battlefields and new orders await you with the coming of the new version update. Your mission will not be easy, but rest assured that you will be rewarded handsomely for your efforts.

If you would take up arms for the cause, you may read on for your briefing.
    The upcoming version update will see exciting developments in Campaign, including the opening of new areas, the introduction of the "Union" system, and a host of other additions and refinements.

The Battlefront Moves North!
    The following areas will become potential sites for future Campaign conflicts:
    Beaucedine Glacier (S) / Xarcabard (S)
    http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...593/4593_3.jpg

New Campaign Medals!
    Currently, the highest decoration players may be awarded through evaluation is the coveted "Wings of Honor." With the new version update, two yet more prestigious distinctions will be unlocked, and the corresponding equipment—including body armors for each nation—will be added to the items obtainable with Allied Notes.
    http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...593/4593_6.jpg

All for One and One for All! Introducing the "Union" System
    Building upon the existing parties and alliances, the new version update will allow players to form larger battle regiments known as "Unions." By joining a Union, players may take part in Campaign operations on an expanded scale and receive a wide assortment of battle spoils for successful efforts.

To join a Union, a player need only seek out a Campaign Arbiter while in possession of Allied Tags. Any Campaign Arbiter will heed your request, regardless of nation affiliation.

Great riches await triumphant Unions, including but not limited to the ancient currencies obtainable in Dynamis, a wide assortment of synthesis materials, and the spoils of vanquished Beastman Confederate captains. Such rewards will be distributed via Union treasure caskets after the conclusion of each battle.

Scavengers be forewarned! Those who sit back on the sidelines to let their allies do the dirty work will find themselves denied their share of the spoils. Soldiers must make sufficient contribution to the cause to be eligible to reap the rewards.
    Interesting... Very interesting.

New Odin
    BG Level

ancient currencies obtainable in Dynamis

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    ancient currencies obtainable in Dynamis
    Oshi...

They really want us to complete moar relics don't they...

Nice to finally see the body armours making an appearance tho. The taru one looks pretty nice.

I hope these Unions allow for casting party-only buffs and spells on anyone in the union.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Wonder if the supply is gonna be decent, or similar to Brigand's Chart (lol)

Hopefully they add more krhoma/ingots too

Gunitsoldier

"Scavengers be forewarned! Those who sit back on the sidelines to let their allies do the dirty work will find themselves denied their share of the spoils. Soldiers must make sufficient contribution to the cause to be eligible to reap the rewards."

ruh roh

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Bricks have been shat.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

THE GODS MUST BE CRAZY!

im stoked for gargoyles

Sea Torques
    BG Level

"the spoils of vanquished Beastman Confederate captains"

Worthy Rare/EX pieces for sure !

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I'm curious how they are going to handle the loot, it says caskets, but thats going to be a little weird with groups "larger then party and alliances". I'm guessing they would work a little different then how they do now.

Hopefully they will rebuff fortifications in non-dungeon areas too, its such a pain to get there with only 1 mob, or standing there for 30+ mins waiting for mobs to come. Since the only reason to actually hit the fortifications now before mobs are there is if you are dnc or /dnc for TP. Its kinda pathetic they just went and gimped it so much, rather then just making the mobs actually protect the thing -_-

Interesting as Unions sound, I can only imagine the possible drama of someone running off with an imp wootz ingot or something. On the other hand, maybe SE will finally give up on their balance through rarity principle and stick it to the RMT by flooding the markets of the few remaining expensive craft goods.

Wish they would've mentioned something about adjusting Fort EXP back to reasonable rewards, though.

assburgers
    BG Level

I'm more wondering what the downside to this Union stuff will be, basically sounds like once a day dynamis [S] ops.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Union crap sounds like their gearing up for WoTG's AV/PW, Atomos!

It will only be accessible when everything on the map is under the same nations control, appear in a random zone and wont have a bar you can target. It will only be accessible during campaign and the drops will random out to everyone with tags.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I've been slacking lately, think 550,000 CP is sufficient? I also need to get my 2 ranks back.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunitsoldier View Post
    "Scavengers be forewarned! Those who sit back on the sidelines to let their allies do the dirty work will find themselves denied their share of the spoils. Soldiers must make sufficient contribution to the cause to be eligible to reap the rewards."

ruh roh

I found that funny too. Well even though I will not be enjoying these benefits for a LONG ASS TIME, I think the Union idea is really cool. Makes me look forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
    I've been slacking lately, think 550,000 CP is sufficient? I also need to get my 2 ranks back.
    Should be more than enough for the three bodies. I can't see them deviating too much from AN cost modeling after Conquest items and such, which I think may bring the bodies to 58000 AN a pop. Close as I am to 2 mil, it'll be nice to have something to buy and allow me to store the rest. Would do ANNMs, but fuck if the zones I'm interested in aren't ever under control.

Talk to campaign NPC and join a union ... I'm assuming it will cost some AN, I just hope the system is like dynamis where you can lot even outside alliance, this way you don't do all the work for your greedy leaders. Probably high level 75 only and I bet the mobs will be retarded ..

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by loyaltrekie View Post
    I'm curious how they are going to handle the loot, it says caskets, but thats going to be a little weird with groups "larger then party and alliances". I'm guessing they would work a little different then how they do now.
    German version says, that the items are distributed to the loot pool of the union and those who didn't do enough can't lot.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

if its based on campaign arbiters, black mages are fucked

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Frenzy View Post
    German version says, that the items are distributed to the loot pool of the union and those who didn't do enough can't lot.
    Well that is a lot more detailed then the English version, got to love these translators...lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast