+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Feielle

Looking to RMT Replica Kraken Club(s)

I have recently come across a very reliable way to dupe Kraken Clubs, and I want to extend my newfound collection to the community, in the hopes of making some real-life cash in the exchange.

Server doesn't matter, I have plenty of these things and I can dupe them and get them to you regardless of where you play. Also, I can assure you that even if you job isn't listed in the "equip" section, you can still wield one! I'm a Graphic Designer, and though I don't see "GDR" in the job listing on the weapon, I was able to pick it up and swing it with ease.

The only problem is that something seems to be borked with the "attacks X times" thing. Really, I can only get in 4-5 hits per round. Perhaps someone with a bit more STR or DEX than I have could get to 8... or even more!

Right about now, I've probably confused some people, so here's the real deal: In my spare time I make costume props. A little while ago I got a ton of press when my Portal Gun showed up on Digg/engadget/XBOX magazine, etc. Anyhow, I also take commissions and make whatever suits my fancy at the time. I really wanted a replica Kraken Club, so I made one:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2460/...66ce160c_b.jpg
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3664/...036da383_b.jpg
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3590/...c8520eb6_b.jpg
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2477/...6dcbe992_b.jpg

While doing this, I also made a mold of my club, so that I could pull resin copies of the finished product rapidly (it takes about 3 hours to get a duplicate.) I figured the rest of the FFXI community might like their very own spikey club to sleep with at night, so here we are.

I can offer 3 "levels" for your club.

1) Cast only: this is a straight pull from the mold with only minor cleanup to the edges. As with any mold, there are mold lines and small imperfections that require sanding and cleaning. You would need to do this yourself, but anyone who is comfortable with spot filler, primer, and sandpaper would have no problem. My molds are quite clean and the amount of cleanup necessary is really minimal. This option is $75 per replica.

2) Cleaned cast: I take the mold out, fix all minor imperfections with spot putty, sand smooth, and shoot with a guide coat of primer. This adds about 2 more hours to my production time, but you get a resin pull thats ready for your paintjob right out of the box. This option is $100 per replica.

3) Finished Replica: The pictures above. I wrap the handle, do all weathering and painting effects, and clearcoat the entire piece to protect against any wear and tear. This option adds another 5 hours to my production time, and (obviously) is the most expensive version. This option is $150 per replica.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE PRICES, PLEASE KEEP IT TO YOURSELF

In the end, the materials for the mold itself set me back around $300, and one gallon of resin costs $125. Add in bondo, paint, sandpaper... I'm easily $550 in the hole.

This was an expensive thing to do, especially without any guaranteed buyers in the end, but I wanted to do something for the community. The mold master and the mold took me many, many hours to make, so please consider that as well. In the end, my "hourly" pay on each replica works out to somewhere around $3. I'm not trying to rip anyone off here. I'd really like to just recoup the cost of the materials themselves, but if not I'll happily pull copies for my whole Linkshell and just eat the cost in the longrun.

In the shots below, the white copy is a fresh pull. This should give you an idea of how much cleanup is necessary should you choose that route.

The red one has been smoothed and primed. For all purchases I will provide the same Vinyl I used to wrap the handle of my finished club, so you can have the same color and texture on yours (unless you'd prefer something different. I have black, brown, and purple in stock as well)

If you're interested in a different "finished" look (a gold KC perhaps?) let me know and I can work with you on the details.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3361/...3ebeb32b_b.jpg
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3389/...bd67f71f_b.jpg
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3316/...3e4403af_b.jpg

If you're curious about my other work, check it out here: Volpin Props

Any questions can be handled by PM here, or to my email: [email protected]

I do take other commissions, though I'm currently booked until February of next year. That schedule will not affect these props however. Please note that while an Option 1 resin pull can be produced and shipped within a matter of days, Options 2 and 3 will take longer for things like paint and bondo to dry.

EDIT: BUILD SCHEDULE AND RESERVATIONS
    I've decided that in order to get around to all my other prop commissions and still build all of these in a timely fashion, I will only be accepting reservations for 4 builds per month. This ensures that the 4 people who want them get their replicas in a timely fashion, and I'm not overwhelmed trying to make dozens of these things. This will only apply to options 2 and 3 above, raw casts do not adhere to this rule.

[b]RUNNING LIST OF CLUBS & OWNERS(This is more for my benefit than anyone else's. I just like to know where my work is)

1.) Leylu
    2.) Feielle
    3.) Ghost_Wheel22
    4.) Maiev
    5.) Kriz
    6.) Mistmonster
    7.) Benitez
    8.) Not_Kuno
    9.) Deimos
    10.) Ragnell

As with any real-life transactions, I prefer to deal with people's real names. If you want a commission, I prefer we discuss particulars over email so that I can keep documentation and schedule things accordingly. If you're interested in my "selling reputation" you can check my ebay feedback ("redd-fox") or check out my prop website, above.

Legal notices:
    -Buyer is responsible for all shipping costs.
    -Options 1 and 2 must be paid in full before delivery. Option 3 will be paid half in advance, and half upon completion and shipment of your replica.
    -I am not an employee of Square Enix, nor do I have their permission to replicate this prop. No association with SE on my behalf is stated or implied.
    -Upon any request from SE to cease production of these props, I shall do so immediately and all outstanding orders will be canceled and their money refunded.
    -I am not in any way associated with Blue Gartr or its officials and or owners, outside of being a member of their public forums.
    -These props are not 100% accurate to the game. Due to the low-resolution nature of FFXI, all rounded elements are rendered as squared-off polygons. Due to this, these props cannot accurately be called "Kraken Clubs" as they are not a direct copy of the in-game renderings. I had to take significant artistic lisence and interpret the shape of the model in-game.
    -I'm nowhere near at fault if you decide its a swell idea to club a person or animal to death with this thing, nor am I at fault if you weild it in self-defense and it performs sub-optimally. This is a prop, nothing more, and thats what I'm selling it as.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

That's fucking cool, I'll let some non-BG friends know this is available.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

While I gotta say this isn't my thing personally, that is quite an awesome job! Very talented! I would like to see a Guts "Dragon Slayer" made by you, haha.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Awesome job!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

You made this one?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3364/...eafe44.jpg?v=0

These clubs are awesome btw :D

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Awesome.

Feielle

Quote Originally Posted by Baelorn View Post
    You made this one?

These clubs are awesome btw :D
    Yup. That was a present for my fiancee last October. Its displayed proudly as our dining table centerpiece.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Very nice looking replicas, well done.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

If, one was to use it as a weapon, is it possible? Really curious, serious question. Your description doesn't state the potential, all I see is "mould".

For example if I was to club someone in the head with it, with reasonable force, what's the damage potential?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

That's sweet.

Doesn't take it for granite
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

~8lb "mould", use your imagination.

In any case, I want one.

Feielle

Quote Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
    If, one was to use it as a weapon, is it possible? Really curious, serious question. Your description doesn't state the potential, all I see is "mould".

For example if I was to club someone in the head with it, with reasonable force, what's the damage potential?
    With the master, there's a 3/8" steel threaded rod that acts as a spine to the piece. Its "weapon potential" is very, very high. I've no doubt someone could kill another person if they planted this thing into their head.

The resin copies hold equally high damage potential as weapons. They weigh about a pound more than the master. That being said, they do not have any "spine" to strengthen them, and would possibly break at the neck part of the club given enough force.

By "enough force" I'm assuming you're striking a person or solid object with the intent to destroy it, like the way you'd swing a baseball bat loaded with nails.

This bring up a good point: I'm nowhere near at fault if you decide its a swell idea to club a person or animal to death with this thing, nor am I at fault if you weild it in self-defense and it performs sub-optimally. This is a prop, nothing more, and thats what I'm selling it as.

What you do with it once its in your hands is your business.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

I'd pay $100 bucks for that Portal gun...

Incredible! This -way- more advanced than any cosplay gear! I love your professional and clean way of finishing the pieces. Just looking at your tools and workspace make me salivate and I hope you land a nice comfy job in a Hollywood movie production studio if you don't already have one.

You could easily fetch 500 up for that and I am sure you already know.
    Do you set up booths at cons?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by ZarakiKujata View Post
    I'd pay $100 bucks for that Portal gun...
    If the Kclub is 150 finished, I would imagine the portal gun to be a lot more

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'm predicting there's going to be a large amount of people dressed as K drks next vanathon hehe

Beautiful work, what did it end up costing you to make one for yourself?

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by urat View Post
    I'm predicting there's going to be a large amount of people dressed as K drks next vanathon hehe
    Unfortunately, I think they'd disallow this at vanathon because of the strict policy against weapon props for costumed attendees.

They are beautiful pieces regardless.

Silly Hat Connoisseur
    BG Level

Wow, these are just stunning. I remember engadget linking to the portal gun back when you finished it, but I didn't know it was yours! Fantastic stuff Feielle, you're very talented :D

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Tricen View Post
    If the Kclub is 150 finished, I would imagine the portal gun to be a lot more
    lol I didn't really read the price on the kclub, just stating how much I'd pay for hte portal gun...

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

wow, that is amazing! Can't wait to see other creations.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast