Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

LM-17 Banned (Perma) for Hardcore EXP Qufim Island

The official reason from everyone's friendly SEI POL rep.

That account was banned for excessively depriving other players of the chance to enjoy playing.

Consequently my other account was banned for being associated with the banned account. There were no warnings given (yes I know, even four years ago I MPKd an entire linkshell and was only given a warning), but it's the new policy of SEI/POL to ban first and never ask questions later. Thorough investigation without consulting with the suspect?

I'm creating this post to serve as a warning to others.

A rundown of the story is I created a new character, did WHM37, SMN75 in about a week or two. Not bragging, but Qufim Island LV20~24 levelsync parties are very powerful 15-25k/hr depending on job setup. With a SMN and the powerful Ramuh "Thunderspark" AoE bloodpact works very well with multiple mobs. I can only speculate the reason for the bans was because the party pulled so many mobs at once to AoE them (hmm odd I recall manaburns doing this years and years ago, oh and still do). In addition to that were astral burns we did every two hours or so with 20 or so Qufim mobs.

I honestly had no idea that being a hardcore exp'er could result in a permanent ban. I'm sure the main complainers were the DNC38 who couldn't complete their training regime to get their 700exp/gil. Like I said, the official reason is pretty vague and I can only speculate, but does anyone else have any similar stories of permanent bans relating to Levelsync or Astralburns?

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

LM-17 Banned (Perma) for Hardcore EXP Qufim Island
    AKA plz dun spoil my l33t exp evry1.

Seriously, poidh.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

easy way to solve this would be for SE to add more places to exp, but nope, the only real good places the exp follow a single path and if you deviate you have to convince a bunch of retards to follow you

LS exp ftw

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa View Post
    easy way to solve this would be for SE to add more places to exp, but nope, the only real good places the exp follow a single path and if you deviate you have to convince a bunch of retards to follow you
    Yeah getting people to break from the norm and to actually try other places is not worth the trouble. I've tried to take pts to the past to exp. yet you always get 2-3 that are overly adamant about leving in the same shitty places they have partied the past 5 years.

LS exp ftw is fucking right on.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

LS exp ftw
    I cannot agree with these words any more then I already am, the only alternative to qufim that I know is the Divine Beetle camp out in Saurmauge where you'd normally camp the weapons at. But even then people are not going to give into change, granted the EXP is about as good if not better then qufim because you don't have the undead that rapes you in the ass when your 30' in yellow HP resting.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Pics please, I'm freaking out right now.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mizango View Post
    Yeah getting people to break from the norm and to actually try other places is not worth the trouble. I've tried to take pts to the past to exp. yet you always get 2-3 that are overly adamant about leving in the same shitty places they have partied the past 5 years.

LS exp ftw is fucking right on.
    Thirded :< Dumbasses whining about past xp...

Thorshammer

are you fucking serious? /cry

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by drwaffles View Post
    AKA plz dun spoil my l33t exp evry1.

Seriously, poidh.
    Yeah, I'm seriously doubting this as well. Sounds like bullshit after they repealed their decision for jailing a bunch of people (including myself) for "encroaching upon others game experience" with Summoner burn in Korroloka.

Banned.

BG Level

Though Qufim may be more of an exception to the rule, there are a fuck ton of alternatives for most level ranges. An extreme case would be Valkurm where there are more than 2 and at least 2 of them are a lot of better. Just a reply to Sonomaa.

As for the OP: I never really commented on this, but this whole exploit is a disaster waiting to happen. You are effectively destroying a whole portion of the zone at once. This is going to be looked as griefing.

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Summoner Burns destroy the entire zone at once, but that's okay.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

easy way to solve the first 30ish levels of exping

get a bard second character and solo, mad+min drop, curebomb self, murder things

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Norgannon

easy way to solve the first 30ish levels of exping

get a bard second character and solo, mad+min drop, curebomb self, murder things
    ^ this

if anything got easier this would be WoW

It looks as if it was more the deprivation of other player's enjoyment not the activity (hardcore exping) itself. Yes the activity is more prone to interfering with other players but it CAN be done safely with consideration to others.

From what GM's and the TOS tell me, you can do just about any legal activity in this game and if it interferes with others significantly, you can get the banstick for it.

If others are around while you prepare to monopolize excessively large amounts of experience mobs or any other tangible game object that others like to have access to, there is a good chance they will be upset by it. You can always use caution and ask those around you if they are using those mobs too (or things), before you take them.

How about you dont SMN burn in common exp spots?

Ya think?

not biting or the same argument could be used for someone who consistently "claims" kings and other targets. it makes a big difference what you said in the chat logs as it was happening. if you say that you're jacking their mobs intentionally, you're much more likely to get burned than if you don't answer or respond that yellow mobs are fair game for all players to gain experience points on and that you are sorry that there aren't enough for everyone to pull at the desired rate. this has been backed up time and time again from what i've seen with regard to MPKing. if you say that you're going to MPK someone and then they die, you're in bad shape. if you say train incoming, then say you're sorry for them dying (regardless if you are) your chances of disciplinary action drop dramatically.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Seedz View Post
    Pics please, I'm freaking out right now.
    YOUR FAULT FOR NEVER DOING ONE WITH ME

I thought of you the moment I read this actually

I seriously hope that this is not to do with the exping thing; maybe jailing you temporarily at the very extreme end would be a suitable "punishment", but perma-banned for that? Lame.

assburgers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spekkio View Post
    not biting or the same argument could be used for someone who consistently "claims" kings and other targets. it makes a big difference what you said in the chat logs as it was happening. if you say that you're jacking their mobs intentionally, you're much more likely to get burned than if you don't answer or respond that yellow mobs are fair game for all players to gain experience points on and that you are sorry that there aren't enough for everyone to pull at the desired rate. this has been backed up time and time again from what i've seen with regard to MPKing. if you say that you're going to MPK someone and then they die, you're in bad shape. if you say train incoming, then say you're sorry for them dying (regardless if you are) your chances of disciplinary action drop dramatically.
    I've done this with RMT fishbots.

"OH MY GOD, I GOT AGGRO FROM A GOBLIN, YOU GUYS SHOULD BE CAREFUL, AS I AM GOING TO ZONE HIM BY WARPING, PLEASE EXERCISE CAUTION!"

*warps to Port Windy and runs back out to watch the slaughter*

"OH MY GOODNESS, I WILL NOW TRACTOR YOU TO SAFETY!"

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Does anyone have a good understanding of the relationship between SE & POL? Does SE investigate the complaints and take action on the account and then POL relays that information back to the customer?

All I can go off of is the message I get when I log in (which is the new LM-17 banned, without chance of reinstatement) and what the POL people tell me which is there is nothing they can do. For their sake I really hope this is clerical error and it was meant as a suspension of 72 hours.

Personally I don't see this is any different then if you show up to a Bhaflau Colibri camp for merits and there's a much better geared and skilled party there killing all the birds and won't leave for 4 hours.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

must admit...

that whole zerg in qufim is seriously annoying when you are trying to level there, happened to me the other day when im solo'ing SMN using the FoV there (page 3) along with about 10 others doing the same thing and the level sync parties also,so mobs are hard to get anyway.

i just said in /s 'wonder what damage a BST/WAR could do here or RDM' and followed with 'ooops...MT', got a /t almost straight away from a non-jp asking me not to....so said 'stop your pullers taking mobs off me when ive sent pet to attack then'

long story short, a compromise was reached where they stopped pulling stuff i was targetted on...

basically, a little conversation goes a long way, they continued fast exp, i continued FoV and no-one got butt-hurt....anyway....why do an alliance in that zone....surely there is better places for 20-24 like the promys for an alliance (weepers start @ 24-37) and no-one will complain if there was an alliance killing them

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast