Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Jailer of Faith Lowman Strat?

Can anyone give me a good JoF lowman strategy? I'm trying to figure out what the best group of jobs would be for lowest number of people (while not worrying about being PERFECT in order not to wipe and not taking an hour to kill).

Is it best just to try to kite/MB him? I've read a bit about zergin but that most likely is going to take more people, but i'm down for ideas anyone has that works. I know Garuda's supposed to be pretty resistant to his nukes (not sure if that includes Breakga or not)...smnburn a possibility too? Or X number of blm, rdm/brd/whm/sch w/e?

Banned.

BG Level

how many is low?

well, i've always done it with an alliance or close to that...idk 6 or less maybe? i'm not really sure what's feasible.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

I've done it with 6, really easy took us like 15 min to kill.

MNK/NIN BRD BRD WHM RDM THF

brds sing 2x march, 2x mambo, mnk using semi evasive/haste gear. MNK is the tank and the DD, use howling fist as WS. i find it to be the most damaging ws from all ws'es.

Kaelia

Edit: Sorry for the essay. ><

You could do it with a single very talented RDM and a SMN. To be more safe about it I would recommend you get a second RDM along with the first and the SMN. Yeah, because Garuda is a wind-based avatar, she has a lot of resistance to his earth-based nukes and is entirely resistant to Breakga (at least in my experience), and having her "tank" (by taking hate after a BP) for a short period of time can buy the RDM(s) a little bit of space. My BF and I have duo'd this as RDM and SMN a number of times and I would estimate that it takes 45 minutes or so (giving room for a mistake or two). If you can get another SMN, this should cut the time significantly.

It's basically as easy as having the RDM kiting around the square room, using gravity when absolutely necessary. (Try not to overuse it, as I believe it may start resisting. Not 100% though as my BF and I have never had to use it all that much.) When Faith is gravity'd it's easy for the SMN's to time their BPs. Hopefully, your kiters will have the Distance plugin. Otherwise, you better hope they have a good sense of space, because they should not be getting hit by anything other than Slowga if you want a safe run.

When it's not, what I always find to work is to stand with my avatar slightly back from one of the poles (very slightly, just don't be standing right next to it) and waiting until Faith turns the corner past the pole directly across from where I'm standing. If you hit your BP IMMEDIATELY as soon as you can once JoF turns around that opposite pole, it should hit him while he is not under the effect of gravity. When Garuda takes hate, make sure she's assaulted on Faith and let her tank for the duration of her life or as long as is safe for the kiter. As a side note, SMNs should sub NIN and just bring reraise items to protect themselves from Faith's AoE TP moves.

If you felt like cutting down the time even more, and don't have a whole lot of SMNs, you could always take some BLMs with you, but if you choose that route, make sure you have enough of them (BLMs) so that you can burn it down so quickly that you can keep gravity on it full time, before it starts resisting. Otherwise, your BLMs are going to have to be willing to lose some EXP. If you're talking really low-man, with 2-3 people, I'd recommend the SMN strategy. If you can afford a party of 6 (1 RDM, 5 BLMs for example) the BLM strategy would be faster.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Used to do it with 3 BLM/NIN, RDM, WHM pretty easily. Need BLMs who know how to kite well though, don't need gaiters but need to understand how JoFaith works.(ie when he casts, how to outrun his spells, not to stop fcking running for anything while kiting, etc)

New Merits
    BG Level

The fewest i've done it with personally is 1 RDM/NIN + 2 BLM/NIN however this leaves very little margin for error. More ranged DDs will speed things up while more support mages can help smooth things out (though crowding and positioning becomes more of a factor). This was also before the advent of SCH which would make a very nice addition.

As mentioned above, only use grav when its an emergency (or you're making a big push) because it will build resistance. General outrunning nukes always applies for those nasty -gas(run in a straight line ffs)... Oh and bring lots of RR because you likely will die a lot.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Our first attempt at "Low" man Faith had 7 people.

MNK BRD BRD SMN SMN WHM RDM

One bard on double march, one bard using gold capriccio/earth carol.

Capriccio helped out much more then I thought it would; 4/9 breakagas were resisted. Straightforward fight, just had to be on top of cures when the big spells went off.

We probably could have done with without the two summoners, but their extra dd and curing helped out alot.

And as it turned out, our first attempt gave us a torque :D

As I beavered away...
    BG Level

Lowest I've done it with is 1x rdm/nin (me) and 1x smn/whm. Took a long time, and it was really stressful. Also the smn died a lot.

I'd say 1 party of blms with a rdm could do it before it starts to resist gravity too much. Maybe bring a sch for stona just in case.

You wouldn't download a car
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Done it a few times with MNK, WHM, BRD, BRD, SCH

I wrote strat for it ages ago on my journal but it's a bit out of date

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Oh shit Vyvy, grats on the Spharai

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Thx man grats on all your recent stuff aswell

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

ty ty

Kaelia

Quote Originally Posted by Waef View Post
    Lowest I've done it with is 1x rdm/nin (me) and 1x smn/whm. Took a long time, and it was really stressful. Also the smn died a lot.

I'd say 1 party of blms with a rdm could do it before it starts to resist gravity too much. Maybe bring a sch for stona just in case.
    Your SMN should have been subbing NIN. After one attempt doing it as /WHM I never wanted to go back again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyramut View Post
    Done it a few times with MNK, WHM, BRD, BRD, SCH

I wrote strat for it ages ago on my journal but it's a bit out of date

I actually used your LJ entry to do a 6 man faith a while ago. You're correct in that it's out of date lol, because following everything you wrote it took around 35 mins to get it done due to mambos and the mnk using evasion/-dmg% gear when shadows were down. Prolonging the fight just seemed to make it more dangerous it seems.

We recently 6 manned it again with RDM WHM SCH BRD BRD MNK, using full DD songs/gear the entire time. got it down to 10 mins, and alot easier of a fight than the 35 min dozefest that took way too long, and had mages drawing hate towards the end. Granted, even though it's only a 10 min fight now, the MNK who had to tank it still claims it's one of the gayest fights ever.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Wafik did faith with 4 aaaaaaaaaaaages ago

The Wonderful World of Lordwafik » Small manning Sea!

RDM RDM BST MNK all /nin took about an hour.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Sai View Post
    I actually used your LJ entry to do a 6 man faith a while ago. You're correct in that it's out of date lol, because following everything you wrote it took around 35 mins to get it done due to mambos and the mnk using evasion/-dmg% gear when shadows were down. Prolonging the fight just seemed to make it more dangerous it seems.

We recently 6 manned it again with RDM WHM SCH BRD BRD MNK, using full DD songs/gear the entire time. got it down to 10 mins, and alot easier of a fight than the 35 min dozefest that took way too long, and had mages drawing hate towards the end. Granted, even though it's only a 10 min fight now, the MNK who had to tank it still claims it's one of the gayest fights ever.
    Yeah, that's pretty much what we do now. Even though you can't really run out of MP, it's still a mob that can potentially fuck you up in 3 seconds if you're really unlucky. So we just go all out with melee buffs and kill it fast as possible, takes about 10mins for us aswell.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misa Amane
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I've done RDM/NIN, PLD/NIN, BLM/NIN x3 BRD/WHM. I kited around in enmity gear (on RDM) with the PLD while the BLMs took it down. If someone got petrified we'd cure bomb to take hate until it wore off. Wasn't hard by any means. Took about twenty minutes, got two torques using this way to kill it. Did about six of them too in one afternoon.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

What do you guys do about -aga spells? Just macro in some MDB while its casting and hope to god u don't die? lol

Also, meat or sushi. If meat, do you need madrigal?

My RL buddy needs a torque and if we can do mnk mnk, i can easily find a sch and a brd to come help

Edit: also, how do you deal with Vert cleave and -ga spells?
    Yay or nay on coutnerstance and if nay, how to get ichi back up (because I don't think it can be slowed, how about elegy?) ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    What do you guys do about -aga spells? Just macro in some MDB while its casting and hope to god u don't die? lol

Also, meat or sushi. If meat, do you need madrigal?

My RL buddy needs a torque and if we can do mnk mnk, i can easily find a sch and a brd to come help

Edit: also, how do you deal with Vert cleave and -ga spells?
    Yay or nay on coutnerstance and if nay, how to get ichi back up (because I don't think it can be slowed, how about elegy?) ect.
    The WHM we used had lvl 5 shell, along with lvl 5 barspell merits and would go in for barstonra to help with Stonega3. I told our MNK to keep full DD gear on, macroing in MDB/Evasion/-DMG% gear just isnt worth it. Stonega3 won't ever 1 shot you, from what I noticed it dropped our MNK's hp to about half.

Monk used Sushi, brd songs were 2x marches and 2x minuets.

Counterstance = yes, vertical cleave isn't dangerous at all. The only thing that might kill you is a Stonega3, followed by a hurtful TP move or if you get really fucked by shadows, you can potentially eat a Quake2. You need mages that are on the ball with erasing, re-hasting, stona, and keeping the tank topped off. Anything less, and you'll likely be eating dirt.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast