BG Level

Souleater Zerg Gear

I have a couple questions on zerg gear for SE + BW

How extreme do you go on acc gear and hp? Here's what I currently have:

Homam Head (or Walhara...) or Chaos burg +1
    Homam Body
    Homam Hands
    Homam Feet
    Swift Belt (considering getting Haste enchantment belt ^^)
    Chivalrous Chain
    Jaeger Ring (or BBQ)
    BBQ ring or Rajas.
    Ethereal Earring

things I want to consider: Gigant vs Relic Cape. Cassie Earring vs Fowling earring. I hope to get Homam Legs soon, atm I don't have much in that slot that would be ideal for zerg (try for Aiatar legs until I get Homam legs?)

Is sushi or hp+ food better?

Banned.

BG Level

depends on mob, feint and the sort

On dl wear all hp and 1 piece of souleater+hp food
    On something like jol you'll need more acc gear and sushi

It depends a lot on the situation. Generally, I like to have gear for three categories:

1) Feint is available and on most (if not all) of the time. Little to no accuracy is needed as you'll just about always be at the accuracy cap using a club on any feinted mob. In this situation I'll go all out on HP gear along with some haste, and eat HP food. This is the most common, as anything you want to zerg effectively should always have Feint IMO.

2) Feint is not available and the mob isn't too hard to hit. Accuracy is needed so I'll balance acc/HP/haste more, wearing a good amount of acc gear (maybe around 20-30) along with sushi, and still moderately high HP/haste. All of that together with the accuracy from Souleater is usually enough to hit consistantly on stuff like DL, CoP bosses, etc, without any additional help.

3) Feint is not available and the mob is very difficult to hit. I'll wear close to full accuracy (40-70ish) with sushi, still a decent amount of haste, but pretty low HP. Only mob this has applied for is AV and JoL to some degree, but this was only when we first started fighting it. We've since started bringing THF's that rotate Feint, so I use the first/second gear set on them now... I don't really use this set at all anymore.

I could post gear later if you want me to but can't atm. Also, definitely wear AF head +1 over anything else for your head piece, unless you plan to enhance souleater with the cuisses/JSE. The enhancement outweighs any other options regardless.

Typically these are the results of gear set 1 though, used most often recently for our 25-30 man DL kills lol:
    http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/2176/ffxi1354fj1.jpg

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Yeah, I figured it was partially situational... >.> Also willingness to spare a Bard on me (which should be a given ^^). More gear to buy!

Would you recommend using that belt with the haste enchantment? It's ~10% isn't it?

Yeah.

Although, with SV Marchx2+Haste I think I'd use a +30 HP belt... Any other situation that's a good option though, if you don't mind having to use a chargable item.

assburgers
    BG Level

Shit is situational?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

What food where you using ? Turtle soup , carbonara ?

and did the mnk do Mantra ?

you sub mnk ?

Muteki is a drk also or a pld ? if its a drk ...2500hp is insane

NQ Carbonara lol.. I could've easily had a good deal more HP if I remembered to sub MNK and used Turtle Soup, but didn't think of it until after the run started.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

I dont get it , last DL we did , i had around 2180 HP ( /mnk carbo ), but was parsing 75% acc... with toreador ring , hmm... i had Crimson scale mail & cuisses , wanted to try that , but i will stick to aberk/homam and armada breeche , dont have homma legs yet :/

I might merit club , usefull for war/nin KC too

MY current gear is :

KC/januwiyah+1 fire bomblet
    ch burgeonnet+1 peacock cassie intruder
    aberk/homam alky BBQ toreador
    gigant swift belt armada breeche homam feet

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Wow... Turtle soup... that HP seems crazy.

Though, does the Carbonara calculate base hp only, or does the 'cap' include your +hp from items like homam? Seems like my base HP is ~the cap level of Carbonara NQ.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Tulun
    Though, does the Carbonara calculate base hp only, or does the 'cap' include your +hp from items like homam? Seems like my base HP is ~the cap level of Carbonara NQ.
    Afaik, foods that increase any stats by % include any gear you have equipped.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Prince's Slops is pretty good for legs slot if you don't have Homam.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Another quick Q:

If you Soul Voice March x2, assuming CHR reaches the cap, is the haste value 40%?

Quote Originally Posted by Xno
    I dont get it , last DL we did , i had around 2180 HP ( /mnk carbo ), but was parsing 75% acc... with toreador ring , hmm... i had Crimson scale mail & cuisses , wanted to try that , but i will stick to aberk/homam and armada breeche , dont have homma legs yet :/

I might merit club , usefull for war/nin KC too

MY current gear is :

KC/januwiyah+1 fire bomblet
    ch burgeonnet+1 peacock cassie intruder
    aberk/homam alky BBQ toreador
    gigant swift belt armada breeche homam feet
    I'm usually actually at about 80-85% acc on DL, it's pretty normal... But more than enough IMO to do good damage.

Another quick Q:

If you Soul Voice March x2, assuming CHR reaches the cap, is the haste value 40%?
    Yes.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

So, from what I gather here... max HP as much as possible (generally speaking). Haste and Acc gear dependant on how much support you are getting on your zerg (Feint, bard).

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So, from what I gather here... max HP as much as possible (generally speaking). Haste and Acc gear dependant on how much support you are getting on your zerg (Feint, bard).
    Yes. Also some slots are really shitty for HP (like neck) so a PCC will probably be much better.

I use a shield pendant kind of often now actually lol... I forgot what I was killing and it randomly dropped, decided to keep it!

Btw, make sure to cast Dread Spikes right before you use Souleater and at the highest HP you can. Most DRKs often forget but it's really worth it for stuff like this:
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/6/joljk6.jpg

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Turtle soup is flat % pasta is capped.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by RKenshin
    I use a shield pendant kind of often now actually lol... I forgot what I was killing and it randomly dropped, decided to keep it!

Btw, make sure to cast Dread Spikes right before you use Souleater and at the highest HP you can. Most DRKs often forget but it's really worth it for stuff like this:
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/6/joljk6.jpg
    Malboro's in Ordelle's? lol

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I'm first on the list to get a Prudence Torque, so I'm hoping to get that soon to replace my Chiv chain

For some slots, I don't think I'd bother... but Cassie and Gigant are looking to good to pass up. Might be able to farm both (SMN levelled for KSNM ^^).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast