Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Foe Requiem     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Foe Requiem

What exactly affects requiem landing? I realise the whole wind/singing/chr/whatever, but requiem seems to land on some mob types and not others. Just as a bit of preliminary testing in Bhaflau I've found that it'll land on colibri, spiders, tigers and erucas, but it won't land on trolls or marids. Then from some stuff at mamool ja staging point, it'll land on puks, mamool ja's wyverns and skoffins, but not on regular mamools (tested this on drg and blm types). Feel free to contradict my results on stuff that it didn't land on, only tried it about a dozen times so not 100% conclusive, but it seems to land fairly well if it's gonna land. Other stuff I can think of off the top of my head that it can land on are grand wyrms and Long-Bowed Chariot (Bhaflau Remnants boss). Anybody have any idea what factors into requiem immunity on certain stuff? Does it just vary mob to mob or family to family?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Re: Foe Requiem

Quote Originally Posted by Vistani
    only tried it about a dozen times so not 100% conclusive
    I'll go ahead and be the ass. You should have just stopped typing at "What affects requiem landing?" because the rest of that crap makes you look like an idiot that failed basic statistics (something about a sample size of 12 isn't exactly accurate).

He's posted in Newbie, he's said 'seems' and he's offered observations. He hasn't stated any facts, he's just asking for feedback on what he's noticed.

You look the twat here sir.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Your requiem fails cause your Mithra....

Honestly though I don't see why it is different than any other Bard spell which is an enfeeble....but Requiem doesn't seem to land too reliably from my observations.

Its light based....are you using Apollo's Staff?
    Is the mob your using it on Light Based? (I don't think any of those listed are).

Have you tried Light Threnody before casting it?
    If you think the mob is totally immune brd/blm es requiem to be sure...

In general I find that CHR becomes more important on hard stuff to land ....
    If I go MP gear crazy on my Gjallarhorn mule and forget to take it off on an IT mob or a HNM .....get resisted a lot more than normal..

Bard is for buffs only the end! And elegy

Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

My XP static has been doing trolls for weeks now. 72-74, and we'll be there till 75 + whatever merits we do. I've never once landed requiem on a troll to the point where I just stopped trying. I have a crapload of CHR, use the right staff, but nothing seems to work.

Early on I cared more, because at 72 the fights lasted longer. Now we just rip through them so meh, whatever.

Yeah some of these mobs just flat out resist Requiem like an NM. +CHR, Apollo's Staff, +lots of wind skill and it'll still get resisted a good portion of the time. They never resist Elegy though which is all I really care about when I'm pulling, sleeping, and heading out to pull again.

I figure if I actually have the time to attempt to cast a Requiem on the active mob I'm doing something wrong

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Who uses Requiem? lol

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aylin Celesse
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Hellscream

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    Who uses Requiem? lol
    IF you can get it to land, it's a pretty decent DoT spell. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, just about every mob introduced with ToAU has some stupid resist rate for it. I would love to get my hands on a Requiem Flute and see if "Requiem +4" makes a difference... but somehow I think it wouldn't really matter.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bardlet
    Who uses Requiem? lol
    IF you can get it to land, it's a pretty decent DoT spell. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, just about every mob introduced with ToAU has some stupid resist rate for it. I would love to get my hands on a Requiem Flute and see if "Requiem +4" makes a difference... but somehow I think it wouldn't really matter.
    It's not practical unless you're standing around with your thumb up your butt. I stay busy enough during meripo parties between pulling and buffing that I hardly ever have a free time to cast Requiem. As for anything else, where you do have time to use it... maybe in Limbus or Dynamis or something, I guess it's ok...maybe... otherwise for more HNM situations, it just gets resisted.... and with flute the highest you're going to get is a 10/tick DoT.... yay?

this is gonna sound pretty retarded but. . . does requiem and elegy stack or do they overlap? How many enfeebles from instruments can you have on the mob at a time per bard? And what about for the threnodys? thanks in advance~

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme
    this is gonna sound pretty retarded but. . . does requiem and elegy stack or do they overlap? How many enfeebles from instruments can you have on the mob at a time per bard? And what about for the threnodys? thanks in advance~
    Carnage Elegy overwrites Battlefield, no stacking.

Requiem VI overwrites V, V overwrites IV, etc, no stacking.

Threnodies overwrite any prior threnodies, one per mob at a time.

So basically you can have one Elegy, one Requiem, and one Threnody on per mob total. Two bards can't put two different elegies on, and so forth. And... one Virelai if you really want to be technical :D

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

requiem is amazing DoT. my linkshell pegs requiem, poison II, bio III (in flight) and dia III (ground) on tiamat nearly the entire fight. rarely takes us over an hour to take out tiamat with massive amounts of DoT, SA weapon skills, and blood pacts. requiem is a huge chunk of that DoT.

10/tick DoT.... yay?
    Add Poison II, Burn/Shock/Rasp, Bio II/III, you're talking serious numbers over the course of a long fight where you won't/can't sleep the mob.

I'm just going to throw out there with my uncompleted rdm, the BLM mamools tend to resist my silence with 304 skill. I usually think they are more resitant that usual. Debuffs tend to land well but silence, not so much.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

The mob types listed in the OP are completely resistant to Requiem; it's not a resist issue. Unfortunately, it seems that there are very few mobs that you can stick Requiem on but not Lullaby or Sleep (Proto-Omega and Salvage bosses are the only ones that come to mind.) It's useful if you're using a strat for yovras or grand wyrms that doesn't involve sleeping.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Our bard used troubador soulvoice requiem on Long Armed Chariot during one of our attempts, while the rest of the alliance recovered from death/weakness. Ended up doing like 10% damage to him or something close to that over 5 min or so and we were recovered when it wore.. was pretty nifty..

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aylin Celesse
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Hellscream

Quote Originally Posted by Stellar
    Our bard used troubador soulvoice requiem on Long Armed Chariot during one of our attempts, while the rest of the alliance recovered from death/weakness. Ended up doing like 10% damage to him or something close to that over 5 min or so and we were recovered when it wore.. was pretty nifty..
    I may have to try that for shits and giggles.